Sign in to follow this  
jfretless

Yokomo owned by Associated?

Hello,

I just saw a Ebay auction, sorry don't the link as of now, for a "vintage" Yokomo YZ** and it has "team associated" on the box and instructions. I'm just getting back into the hobby a few, few years away, but I always thought they were to different companies. What's the history?

Thanks,

jfretless

no live links allowed

nope, they are 2 separate companies.

But, they are quite pally !

Associated import Yokomo stuff to America, same as they do with LRP amongst others.

They have been pally for quite a while too.

When I was racing an Assoc RC300, my friend drove a Yokomo-branded identical car & we could share spares.

That was 1980!

Hi jfretless [:)]

I think I know the Ebay item you have seen.... was it not a MIB Associated YZ10? I saw it just the other week as I'm currently searching Ebay on a daily basis for an original Yokomo YZ-870C Super Dogfighter.....

The Associated YZ-10 you saw is in fact a modified version of the Yokomo YZ-870C chassis with a differnt body and rebranded as an associated car... as the other TC members before me have pointed out Associated and Yokomo have quite a long standing relationship and I believe the Associated branded YZ-10 is a product of this union cos Associated are great at making 2WD buggies (with the highly succesful and long running RC-10 series) where as Yokomo are good at making 4WD buggies and have had equal success with there Belt driven design that started with the 870 chassis, as Associated don't do a 4WD car of their own I'm guessing that they asked Yokomo if they could do their own version car based on their chassis and after making a few minor modifications and calling it a YZ-10.

to be honest this is the first and only time I have ever seen an Associated branded YZ-10 all other YZ-10's I've seen have been Yokomo branded ones? so I guess that makes this model quite a rare find indeed [;)]

Must admmit thanks for bring this thread upi as I have actually bought this car (still looking for a NIB YZ870c) but this is so so close and is probably the much rarer car. I remember building the Yz870c (one of the first in the country) and this car which is in really great condition (like new) is exactly the same, with only a few mods.

Still a fantastic car and thanks again for fladding it up, I love this car.

Regards

Russell Mills[:D]