Sign in to follow this  
beetlebanger

vr6

just bought a vgc vr6 to entertain myself at snet,but im having trouble finding what bodies will also fit straight on to the chassic and what else will go one with a few tweks.can anyone help. wayne

a mate of mine .along with a battered pajero and radio gear. .its still a runner but had a very hard life.but the golf looks like it was his baby,really well kept.its a mk3 ffo2 i think

its fully ball raced and running a yokomo mtr(who eva that is).bin lowered a bit more and the bodys painted in a metallic purpuly.when its out to play all i does is lite up the front tyres ,fantasic .just found out that the pajero is fully ball raced aswell!

The FF-01 was avaliable in short and normal wheelbase, the VR6 being short I think. I have a Clio and was told that all you have to do is turn the rear bulkhead around. I imagine this would change the wishbones from a swept forward position to a swept back one, lengthening wheelbase and allowing more shell choice. Unfortunatly I am at uni not at home so I can't look at mine to see. Got to be worth a look though[:)]

quote:
Originally posted by mat-mk3

I want[
:(
]

id="quote">id="quote">

The V5 and VR6 kits come up on US and German ebay every now and again, and the Japanese sellers (Jason and Tamiya-rc) occasionally have the full kits, bodysets and wheels.

Might be easier to find another FF01 based kit and then source the VR6 or V5 body (although the VR6 wheels are harder to get).

mr_pushrod - I thought the Clio was the only short wheelbase FF01? I'm sure my V5 was the regular 257mm 'regular' touring car w/b?

quote:
Originally posted by beetlebanger

running a yokomo mtr(who eva that is)

id="quote">id="quote">

Yokomo - biggest motor manufacturer in model cars, the company that developed the open endbell motor. A lot of motors (except Tamiyas) are rebadged Yokomos.

Also usually almost guaranteed to win the 4WD off road world championships each time, and more touring car world titles than anyone else.

Both the Clio the Golf VR6 are the short wheelbase type. Mr. pushrod is right, you can extend/shorten the wheelbase as he described, you could look closefully on the manuals of a short and a long one. That will explain all, it's a bit too difficult to show with just words. [8D]

im sure ive seen an audi a3 and a4 bodies that would fit it.can anyone shed any lite on these.trust me mat if you see it you will want it.i payed 50 quid for the golf and the pajero full radio gear,2 batteries and fast n slow chargers.both boxes and loads of odds n sod to go with it.all the golf is missing is some heavy bass line and a young fit bird in the passenger seat !