Sign in to follow this  
Wireless

Air Powered Buggy...

A work colleague and I were gassing the other day about toys and we remembered having a toy buggy that came with an air powered piston engine. I think it had some sort of compressed air tank on it that was filled with a detachable hand pump. When you set the buggy off, you opened a valve to let the air into the engine and it drove along. Can anyone remeber what it was and better still anyone have any pics...?

Roop

Would it be those O2 cars? they are a few ones for sale in ebay.de at an horific price.

Raoul

In the US they were called air jammers. I have see them at flea markets for under $20. Here is a link to one.

i-1.JPG

Currently I have a car called the air hog. It will run the length of my drive way and is fairly fast.

My favorite air toy was the red plastic rockets you put water into. instead of shooting them up in the sky we would shoot them at each other.

Jim

Have that exact car, only mine I think was labeled by Tomy?

Have a 2nd generation one "jammer", it had a Honda City shell around it on a shorter wheelbase.

yeah you pump it up and it runs for about 10 secs.

Runs a bit longer if you pumped it with some liquified gas instead [:D].

i had 2 of these's as a kid but it had a diffrent name here in the uk can't remember it though[V] i think i sold the pair for £5 about 6 years back

Cool, thanks for all the replies guys. I think mine was a TOMY branded Air Jammer like DJTheo's.

Roop

ok i've been talking to my brother about this and we think the name was... Power Blasters or Air Blasters or something like that[?]