Sign in to follow this  
Razer

Identify Adspec radio

I have this Adspec radio in a car with a CPR P-100F. The radio has no model #'s on it anywhere. It does have a stopwatch built into the wheel (cool). I was hoping to figure out a model # and info on both the radio and the CPR. Anything you know would be helpful. I'm also thinking of selling this and the car it's in. Would it be better to leave them together or seperate the radio & CPR if I sell? Thanks. Here's a pic:

adspec1

This is what I have on the P-100F:

Max. current momentary: 400A

Max. current constant: 100A

Dimensions: 60x45x26mm

Weight: 89g

Range 300m

Power supply 7,2v - 8,2V

Breg

Martin

Thanks for the help so far. What makes it a "plus" because mine doesn't have that on the label? And my CPR looks different than that one. Mine is all black. Maybe mine didn't come together as a set?

My (early?) CPR P100F has a black heatsink.

Well maybe not quite 'black', more like a very dark purple. It does chip off to show aluminium underneath though.

hmm,

Maybe its the original release Adspec controller?

Apart from the Adspec Plus, the only other Adspec controller I know of this design is the Adspec G310 FM, that has a G where the stopwatch on yours is

Well, that would be neat if it's an original. But do you know how to set the stopwatch on this thing? I put a new battery in it and it started at 1am and 1 1 for the date. I could just wait until then and put the battery back in but then I still wouldn't know how to use the stopwatch. At least it doesn't blink "12:00"...LOL

You have the first Tamiya pistol grip radio, the # 45009. The first CPR unit offered (apart from Tamtech) was the # 45010 P-100F, which was also included with 45009. The first Adspec-system is quite nice, but as the CPR unit's spec. was inferior to separate ESCs offered at that time, it never sold well to racers. Also, it was too expensive for entry level.

Highly collectable today though! Congratulations!