Sign in to follow this  
fatboyslim

Thunder Tiger Buying Associated!!!!

What the badword?!

Man, this is unexpected.

What other big American racing RC companies are there left? Just Losi?

I would have thought AE were far better of than Thunder Tiger, I mean what decent cars has thunder tiger got. AE produce some of the very best cars in the world, that truly is a shock. Just Losi left I think, yeah. My god what next, Kyosho buying Tamiya. lol. Better not speak too soon. [xx(][8)]

Thanks

James

:)

yeah, this happened about a week ago, there is a HUGE thread about it on RC Tech. Funny thing is the debate there is very Pro uSA vs the rest of the world, especially the far east.

Me personally I think this will be great for Associated, and I currently own - TC4, TC3, RC10GT, NTC3, so I am quite pro Associated.

Thunder Tiger's money, and Associated's know how, should be a winner !

quote:Originally posted by Jimmy_GT-R

I mean what decent cars has thunder tiger got. AE produce some of the very best cars in the world, that truly is a shock.

id="quote">id="quote">

Thunder Tiger actually already produce AE cars. The Associated MGT is a relabelled Thunder Tiger MTA-4, in most countries around the world only one or the other is sold. They also produce and put together all AEs read to run cars. Associated is Thunder Tigers biggest customer. AE only states their competition kits are all american.

By the way Losi was actually bought out by Horizon Hobby in 2001.

all going the way of full size car makers where there are only really half a dozen big companies.

from: http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48613

quote:The remote-control model brand merchant Thunder Tiger Science and Technology on (April) 7th announced they will carry on international purchases, extending their market penetration with investment in the Samoan MANFORD holding company, and will buy remote-control model vehicle leader ASSOCIATED Corporation, creating a four-pronged global conglomerate.

Lei Hu indicated that, ASSOCIATED is the only ODM customer, accounting for approximately 19%-20% of earnings, selling remote-control models estimated to account for 45% of work product. ASSOCIATED senior management intends to retire, resigning all equity holdings pursuant to non-hostile, bilateral talks. Talks have progressed smoothly, and at present the statement of intention has been signed. It is expected that the fruits of the buyout will begin to be realized in the second half of the year.

Hu said that ASSOCIATED is the world's seventh largest remote-control model production merchant. Because Associated's products frequently win in world model vehicle competition, brand reputation is paramount. Last year Associated had income of approximately 2.2 million uS dollars, turning a profit of 1.6-1.7 million uS dollars.

Hu pointed out that at present, the leading global R/C company crown is held by Japan's Tamiya, their yearly sales amounting to 9.7 million uS dollars, followed by Kyosho at 7.0 million uS dollars, then Futaba/OS with 5.5 million, Thunder Tiger at 2.4 million, followed by Associated. After the latest two mergers/buyouts costing 2.0 million uS dollars, Thunder Tiger expects to move into fourth place worldwide.

id="quote">id="quote">

Wow, did AE only turnover uS$2.2M?!

And Tamiya only uS$9.7M!!!?

One would have thought their advertising bills from RCCA

would be more than that already... [|)]

Those figures just don't add up. $2.2m turn over giving $1.6m profit doesn't sound at all likely, and the statement in the last paragraph makes no sense either - on the figures quoted TT are already in 4th position.

I think the decimal point on the turn overs is moved left - i.e. Tamiya 97 million, Kyosho 70 million perhaps?

Isn't even $90Million a bit low for a big company. I mean First Group(bus and train company) here in the uK has an anual turnover of over £2 billion profit. Now thats profit I'd say.

Thanks

James

:)

Thunder tiger also make the mini 18T truck - and as mentioned by Terry - the MGT as well as all the RTR stuff.........has been this way for rather long while.

Can only be a good thing.

Cheers

Darryn

Those figures for associated cannot be correct $2.2 million turnover giving $1.6 million profit would make it dollar for dollar one of the most profitable company in the world at 72%. It is almost unheard of for a company to return over 60% profit on turnover. I would expect the figure is supposed to be turnover of $22 million giving a profit of $1.6 million.

quote:Originally posted by Jimmy_GT-R

Isn't even $90Million a bit low for a big company. I mean First Group(bus and train company) here in the uK has an anual turnover of over £2 billion profit. Now thats profit I'd say.

id="quote">id="quote">

Have to remember that Tamiya is a niche company aimed at a small target market (i.e. static/RC enthusiasts). First Bus provide a product/service that most people use and almost everyone in the uK has used at some point in there lives. :)