Sign in to follow this  
minijosh

My dandy dash

I clicked that link hopefully, but I get the impression it was just a joke? No such site exists.

So here's hoping that we get to keep a Nikko sub-section in the forums.

We could probably use forums for a number of other brands too.

cheers,

H.

Yeah, why not have a Nikko Forum? Nikko made some cool 540-based buggies, even a twin motor 4WD one. I've got a few Alienator-chassis ones that I've modded with hobby-class electronics, new 540 motors, custom steering setups, new wheels (fits 2.2s with 5-pt hub), and they're competitive with some Tamiyas for on-road racing. Not to mention with a 27Mhz Futaba receiver I can use the stock controller [;)]

For more info/pics on my Alienator - http://rhen.netfirms.com/

LOL - forgot all about this forum, its one that I set up over at the old forum as a private joke/test area for forums things that I was testing. It was never made public but must have worked its way free during the migration from Snitz.

If people want it then I'm happy for it to stay.

I'll set up a bunch of new other manufacturer forums too - will start a list in the main forum

Chris

Yeah, why not have a Nikko Forum? Nikko made some cool 540-based buggies, even a twin motor 4WD one. I've got a few Alienator-chassis ones that I've modded with hobby-class electronics, new 540 motors, custom steering setups, new wheels (fits 2.2s with 5-pt hub), and they're competitive with some Tamiyas for on-road racing. Not to mention with a 27Mhz Futaba receiver I can use the stock controller [;)]

For more info/pics on my Alienator - http://rhen.netfirms.com/

Nice project rhenbelz. I was really interested to learn that the Alienator dates to around 1985. It's body design is very aerodynamic - a style that became more common toward the end of the 80s. I would have thought (based on it's style) that it was made around 1988.

If it truly was made in 1985, then that would put Nikko ahead of a lot of other brands in terms of moving toward that aerodynamic look. In 1985, Tamiya was still very much in roll-cage frame buggy territory with it's cars (Hotshot, etc)

cheers,

H.

Thanks for the comment.

Nikko made quite a few cars on chassis' similar to the Alienator and I think two others on the same one, the clone Aero Thunderbolt and crappy Predator. It's not too hard to find one on ebay for about $20. Modifying these to hobby class equipment is fairly easy, although whether you like the end result is like whether you like Citroen 2CVs or not. You love it or hate it. As a car, it sucks. There's no way of disassembling the rear gearbox, suspension sucks, it's just not a real good car. However, putting in a low-turn or brushless motor and beating a decent Tamiya in a sprint with a Nikko is priceless.

Speaking of the Dandy Dash or Super Sprint, those are freakin' sweet. If I could afford one I would buy it in a heartbeat even if I had to do an extensive restoration on it. Also there are a few odd ones like the dual-380 4WD Thor truck or the twin-540 4WD Iron Eagle buggy that I'd love to get my hands on someday.

Just think out there somewhere is an iron eagle or thor truck in someones loft that'll be on ebay someday!

Well done mate, I would have thought "why bother, they are just throw

aways. But you have proved me wrong. Would love to see some faces as

they get beaten in a drag by a Nikko.Especially those " Im so much

better than you because I " types. Nice work.