Sign in to follow this  
Petrolhead

Celica GR-B and Porsche 959 1/12 Scale?

I have a chance to buy one of the above, and was wondering if they're both 1/12th scale? If they are, are they noticably smaller than the 1/10th scale R/Cs?

They are and yes, the are a little smaller than 1/10 cars. You will not notice the difference at first glance, but you will feel it when driving (and breaking) them [;)].

get it bought! these are fantastic little cars, very fast even in std form, what rc's all about.

Thanks for the replies.

If someone could do me a big favour, by taking a picture of either the 959 or the Celica GR-B next to a 1/10 touring car? Then I'd be very grateful! I'm just curious to see the size difference.

Thanks!

Thanks very much for those photos Sandmann. I guess that the 959's shell is a bit longer than the Celica's.

Just gotta keep telling myself they're the same size as a M-Chassis, and I'll be ok.

Thanks!

hey, its not the size that counts, its what ya do with it[:P], or so the wife tells me anyway[:$]

HAHA she's lying to you.  ;)  Let me know if you need some parts PH. I'll be able to get some stuff if you need it for your car.

how about bodies for them? I see the Kamtec one, but I am a little put off by the price... I know that an original is three times or more, but are there any other options??