Sign in to follow this  
rhenbelz

FYI: ProClass

"For the Serious Radio Control Racing Enthusiast"

Nikko currently makes a ProClass line of cars; the 1/10th ones are 540 powered (7.2v) 2WD touring cars and some F1 cars. The cars come with lexan bodies, rear diff, all around independent suspension, and top speeds from 20 to 24 mph stock. They also sell "20% faster" 'Sprint' motors and tires for them.

Ignore the 1/14th scale 9.6v ones.

Here's one legit F1 car. http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKKO-WILLIAMS-F1-HIGH...1QQcmdZViewItem

And one of the TCs. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...Y_BIN_Stores_IT

All the cars. http://www.nikkoamerica.com/rc_vehicles/index.htm - Click Cars at the top, then ProClass.

So what do you think?

Usually cheap plastics and construction and no serious spares support when something breaks, better get a Tamiya for that money, sorry.

Cheers

Almost picked up the GT, website has some videos of trashing them on a track but as mentioned parts look hard to come by.  Did not have spare tires on their own page and I hear they wear fast.

The only way Nikko could compete and have it's own series of real racing rc cars is to make sooooo many spare parts and give out money to people who win the races.  Kind of like what radio shack did with the XMOD series.  I think it was RS, mabye it was Kyosho with the Mini Z's.  Anyways, whoever won the most races, David Jun the tamiya driver did, won a full sized NSX.  How's that for an incentive?  Play with a toy and win a real car! 

I had the F1 car a while back... it broke, typical Nikko quality It did around 20mph, made entirely of plastic, no suspension, all in one electronics, and handled really badly. The only good things about it was that it came with a 1600mah NI-CD and charger, proper transmitter and crystals which helped me get some electronics for my first Tamiya.

Wow, no suspension and no parts? Guess I don't want one after all.

Well they do have about 1mm of rear travel but not much. I would not reccomended it.

Sorry to bump this to the top but I have an update!

What a bunch of hooey, these are not bad cars at all. There is front and rear suspension which works very well, and Nikko alloy oil shocks are an available upgrade. They are most fun off road (put rally block tires on) but do well on road too, super easy to drive. I've never had another 2WD car that was so surefooted.

No parts? There are parts, just call Nikko up and they'll sell you whatever you want with free shipping. But you won't need parts, as these are some of the most durable cars I've seen! Able to take more abuse than a TL-01 even!

I have had two of these cars so far; one I ran offroad and eventually sold. The other I run weekly at my local carpet races. It is not the fastest car of course, and I caught some flak for it at first, but once it ran people shut up. The car is easy to drive and handles very well, and has impressive battery life. It is a little slower on the straights but it can corner just as well as the others and I usually place between 3rd and 5th. Keep in mind this is against TC4s and XRAYs with mod stock motors, and I am running a closed endbell stock 540! My only upgrade is the alloy oil shocks. The body (Dodge Viper GTS) has taken major abuse and its thick lexan is holding up well while still looking great.

These cars do not go cheap on eBay and for good reason, many people have said they are suprised at how well I am doing with it. I have to say that this car has really grown on me and I don't want to part with it at all. I will be racing with it until next season, when my TL-01 is ready.