Sign in to follow this  
MikeT

SRB Coilover Shocks

Hi There,

Am i going insane or did someone have some SRB Coilover shocks in the traderoom for £30?

I'm Interested, so who ever it is, show your face!

I'm 99% Sure i saw these.. ?

Anyone?

not insane(yet!) ,i bought them. came today in fact, have still to have a close look at them!.

cheers

are they the collars with springs, or are they the full shock unit?

I only need them because i had an accident with one of mine and it got " out of round " and the eng plug wont screw back in!

Failing this, i have seen a nice pair of CRP's i like :(

Mike

Do you have the Shocks aswell as the colars?

I MAY be interested!

Mike

I've since found them . They are the complete shock and collars . Rubber bushings are perishing and could do with a clean - apart from that they are fine . I'll send you some pictures tomorrow morning .

Hi Mate,

Sorry i no longer need them ( Sorry ) I bought some CRP Coilovers from the Bay!

Thanks Anyway!

Mike

I got the cpr front shock conversion for my frog off ebay and the shocks themselves aren't very good, I'm thinking of trying some mini-t ones on it.

I got the cpr front shock conversion for my frog off ebay and the shocks themselves aren't very good, I'm thinking of trying some mini-t ones on it.

I would have to agree with you Neil, The shocks are not that great of quality and the coil over collars are made of an incredibly brittle plastic.  Make sure not to crank down on the set screw very much.  I had these on the front of my frog until I could find an even more vintage set.

img34_31072002190109_5.jpg

Yeah Jim, my shocks look identical to yours, BUT my red plasyic bits are red, and i agree, they aren't too great the shocks are too weak, the collar has to be near the bottom of the body to support my SRB Front!

If i can't find any springs the options i have are using these bodies and the standard loop springs, or get some Hi-Caps!

Mike

Unfortunately many if not most vintage US hops ups and current asian ones are more bling then anything else, my hop up Hornet shocks flooded my shelf in few days  [:S] LOL

post-13-1138979100.jpg

Theo I totally agree, might get a set of High Caps!

Sweet Hornet though!

Unfortunately many if not most vintage US hops ups and current asian ones are more bling then anything else, my hop up Hornet shocks flooded my shelf in few days  [:S] LOL

Wow, I have the same shocks on my Hornet, and they never leaked. Been on there for 3 months now.

I also have a few pairs of the CRP ones, and I am not too impressed with them.

My daughters both have Mini T's with aluminum upgrade shocks, and they are good. I would go with those before the CRP cheap ones.

I did have a set of CRP coils overs on a set of shocks, but I sold them on eBay to someone on here. Can't remember name though.

Sign in to follow this