Sign in to follow this  
wldnas

The FALCON II ?

if you check my showroom you will see my current sorry excuse for a falcon in the shape of a mankey old chassis, I is my intention to restore this car back to its former glory eventually but as you can its a bit of a tall order, toady I was shown a collection of Falcon parts that I will be buying off a friend in the new year for £30, it includes enough parts to practically make a brand new Falcon chassis.

so when I get it I can turn that into complete restored Falcon instead but will be left with that tatty old chassis....

I though occured to me upon getting home that the Falcons chassis tub was used to form the basis for most of Tamiyas budget 2wd buggies through out the nineties and had many modified part produced that will bolt straight onto the old Falcon tub...

using this knowage perhaps its possible to create an updated version of the original falcon using some of thses new and improoved parts, and with that knackerd old chassis I have the perfect candidate with which to experiment...

so I plan to start a new project in the New year by making a FALCON II (codename: project Peregrine ;) so far my plan consists of using the standard Falcon tub as a basis, I will use a modified version of the original front suspention (to give good ground clearance and long travel, Bearhawk gear box and rear suspention complimented maybe with uni shafts, Wild one/Fox type wheels and tires will be used and I plan to top it off with a modified Mad Fighter body and perhaps use a combination of decals from the Falcon/Bear hawk and Mad Fighter cars.

Im only doing what tamiys would have done if they had made an updated Falcon, regurgitating old stock parts and throwing them together to make something new

Buy a NIB Bear Hawk kit and built it...? [xx(] You will end up practially the same...

I say you would use a Falcon body, else it will be just a Bear Hawk... Make you own Falcon II decals, a little modification to the body with chrome stuff and alike, Fox gold wheels, HotShot tires. Just my little idea of a Falcon II... [:)]