Sign in to follow this  
Lowgear

Want custom pumpkin/lunchbox parts??!!

I got an e-mail from Hua owner of www.rc4wd.com and he said any thing we want for the pumpkin and lunchbox he could/would do!

All we have to do is come up with what we want for it and if we generate enough interest he is willing to put some custom parts out on the market!

So please make your voices heard that you want to see some parts made, and what those parts you want to see are!

This is some of the best news pumpkin/lunchbox owners could have! [:D]

Aluminium body posts, the front ones having the holes rotated 90 degrees so that the body clips don't scratch the side of the bonnet (hood) would be rather nice, and also with holes slightly larger so that you can fit normal size aftermarket clips instead of the tiny fiddly ones.

Body mounts are the single best hop up. A front strut tower brace because the chassis flexes in that area. Aluminum wheels in the 2.0 size

Jim

quote:Originally posted by Shodog

A front strut tower brace because the chassis flexes in that area.

id="quote">id="quote">I just noticed that, gave the chassis a tug and it's very flexible [:0]. Perhaps some sort of a tie between the replacement body posts would be an idea, so the body posts and brace are all part of the same part for strength?

I made a strut tower brace for my pumpkin http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=8706&id=34 with a piece of aluminum. I put a little bend on it so it contours the chassis really well

Better than aluminum front arms are a set of the CRP FX-10 front suspension. it has a separate caster block so the wheel has the correct caster thoroughout it's suspension travel. The thing stopping me is that I need to make a front tower to hold the suspension links

Great Ideas. With such a good response im sure some stuff will be made [8D]

I think you mean camber? If aluminum a-arms are made yes they will have adjustable camber un-like the stock ones so that the tires contact the road better. [:D]