Sign in to follow this  
meridian

2 re-re questions..(not the usual ones)

OK so I love these re-re's and was wondering how long they will be available. For instance the Frog first sold in January at Towerhobbies but how long will Tamiya run them??...4 months, 1 year, 2 years?? does anyone know?. I guess the Hornet has made it so far about a half year if that is any indication?

2nd. Are there any non Tamiya made after market hop ups like for the Hornet, Frog, ThunderShot, Lunch Box, Manta Ray etc, available from any companies??

Oh, and will they re-re the Bruiser and Rough Rider??[:D]............Just Kidding!!!

in my opinion nobody knows how long they will last..

it highly depends on the sales i think.

parts will usually be availble for a longer time though.

since the re-releases are limited to some countries and from specs. rather oldschool than competitive i dont think there will be hop ups.

or tamya already included themin the kit..[:)]

eg. steel torsion bars in the xr 311

dog bones in new frog rather than the old hexdrives..

when i talked to a shopkeeper he claimed that who would be interested in those kits.

he almost startet loughing at me . he said these kits are way too expensive for the technology they offer.

stupid guy i think.. you dont buy an oldtimer for the modern drivetrain or engine either. that being said and the fact that many kits are rtr today i dont think they will last long enough [:(]

Better order those frog/hornet tires and wheels now since we don't know how long they will last.  Towerhobbies has them all in stock right now.  Can't beat less that 5 bucks for a new set of smoothies.

As I understand it, Hornet has now been in production for 15 months. 

I suspect some of these (Hornet, Grasshopper, Lunchbox, possibly Frog) will be re-run over and over until the market fades on them.  I'd hazzard a guess that the less popular issues (Thundershot, Ferrari, Jag, Merc, the Mazda - if they ever release it, I think it might be cancelled?, Manta Ray and Top Force) Tamiya will not make a second batch of.  This is simply going on interest and sales, nothing more.

That doesn't mean they don't have a hanger of them sitting in Japan right now though, which can and will get shipped around the world to the different Tamiya distributors until they dry up.