Sign in to follow this  
RedFrits

ESC problems

Hi all,

After a long period of absence (moved to a new house etc..) I wanted to try my TL01B today. I already had a problem with it a few months ago caused by the fact that I had a low Turn motor (17T) with to high gearing in it (23T). It wouldn't go and stopped when I put it in full forward.

I put my old motor in it (21T) with pinnion 21T. Problem is still the same (this setup caused no problems in the past). I can't drive 1 meter full throttle.....

Can it be I dammaged my ESC?? It is a cheap one, the Rocar (Robbe) 8619 17T-36T.

If so, what ESC would you recommend that is not to expensive but is durable?

Greetings

Maurits

Have you tried to reset the esc?  As for a cheap esc I'd say get a Mtroniks, water proof and bullet proof IMO.

Thanks.

I belief you can not reset the esc (I see no reset button).

I've seen the Mtroniks, they are not that expensive. Will buy one and see what happens.

Thanks

Next time you install the 17 turn motor, use a pinion with around 18t, otherwise the car will be overgeared, overloading you motor, ESC, and battery.

Sjoerd,

Thanks for the comment. I now have the 21Turn motor in it and it still does noet work... Have to buy a new ESC I'm affraid. Could the battery be broken also??

Mauits

I've just re read your thread and I had a similar problem from the sound of it with my TL01B

mine is a tamiya clone (sorry) Bonzer cross tiger.

It was working fine, and then put a 17t with an mtroniks rvmax esc and I could not go full throttle, the esc would just reset itself.

I'll find the thread link and post here, but do a search and you shoudl find it.

I rectified the problem by replacing the radio gear I had installed and put soemknown good radio gear in.

try this before you go out and replace other bits if you have spare gear around. it may save you a bit of cash and time.

Tinno,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, got no radio gear "in stock"over here :) Only thing I can do is buy a new ESC (was planning on that anyway) and if that does not work, buy a new radioset.

Maurits

In that case, there is only one option, buy both together, swap it all out, then it'll have to work [:)]

good luck

One question, whats a betreft??  just curious is all