Well.... ermm...?

New nitro coming up.

Choices are as follows:

Stadium Maxx (£210)

S-Maxx (£210)

T-Maxx (£225)

Jato (£220)

MT-2 (£190)

All are in my price range, but i need to know opinions.

Thanks

Sam

Although Nitro isn't my strong point I was looking for one a while ago and was seriously thinking about a T-Maxx, what steered me away was the fact that alot of people are commenting on the T-Maxx's durablity or lack of. Personally I would look into the Jato or although you haven't listed it this.

www.modelsinmotion.co.uk/product.asp?productid=17732&catCode=519&tamiya=268

Similar to the Jato albeit a little cheaper, it's not very common in the UK but it is fairly popular in the USA

It's your choice...

T-Maxx is an old design and can be made to break pretty easily. The Stadium and S-Maxx are based on the T-Maxx I believe so same rules apply. The Jato is a great truck although bear in mind the engine is highly tuned so you may need to be a little more careful, it's the one I'd go for though.

OK, so it's now between the following:

MT-2

Jato

Thunder Tiger SST-1

The TTR SST-1 looks awesome spec. but my only problem would be which class to race it in... same with the MT-2 really. As they're both 4WD, and the SST-1 has a .18 engine, it's not going to be allowed in the Stad. truck class... is it [:(]

Sam

i'm not sure which of those i would have, maybe the SSK. you say that they are all in your price range, but have you thought about the extra money you will need to spend? have a look at my post in the 'modified MTs' forum in the 'first nitro' thread (can't link, using PSP) that's how much extra i spent when i got me savvy.

Cheers Matt2000, but I already have one nitro, so don't need the accessories.

The SSK is renound for being awful, and I have since read that the SST is a version on the same chassis, therefore I don't want one.

So, that leaves the choice at:

Jato (Lovely truck, E-Start system - good or not?)

XTM XCellerator (Looks good, not sure about spares?)

Cheers, and and opinions on either of the above!

Sam

I would go for the Jato, I've had a look around online for spares for the XTM and it seems that spares are only readily available in the USA. The Jato is a very good, very fast truck and most of the bad comments you hear on it are just AE, Losi fans bashing Traxxas[:@]. Heres a good article regarding the Jato www.rccaraction.com/articles/traxxas_jato3.asp.

I have a used XTM Xcellerator if your interested, although a bit dirty pretty much as new.  £100 takes it.  But that has an .18 engine too.  And spares are supposed to be available from Ripmax/Hobbystores.