Sign in to follow this  
Tammygirl

Did you ever.....

Just had a thought last night while painting my Thundershot (yes its done - but cant run coz it never stops s****g raining on the IOM - no water shortage here) have any of you ever thown out a Tamiya model in the past [:(] and regret it NOW!  I threw out a Brat in pieces with a NIP shell and a Bigwig in bits in 1998 when i moved out of the family home..... [:'(][:'(][:'(][:$] I assumed that i would not be able to repair them and bits were a thing of the past!!!!!

I had no idea that this club would be in exsistance just a few years later [:'(] Now i have too beat myself with Bamboo stalks till i bleed for my incompetence.....  (I wonder if they are still at the tip) nooooooo!!!!!  Please tell I am not the only idiot on here!!!!!

I sold a Vanquish with mainly Egress and Avante bits that I used to race in about 1991 for £25.... If I'd just left it in the attic......

Also sold my Schumacher pro-cat in about 1992 for pennies and that had mms diffs and everything - still I was funding my first proper car so not all bad :-)[:)]

I actually only sold one my RC cars and I don’t really regret it since it was a Kyosho (seriously I like Kyosho, in fact my first car was a Ultima 2, but this particular Kyosho Beetle wasn’t a big loss).

I have more regrets about what I didn’t buy when I had the opportunity. I have this urge to contact a classmate from twelve years ago and ask him if he still that old Avante he tried to sell me for £40.

Ole

Yep - got rid of my sand scorcher for 20 quid or something - all it needed was a front arm - never thought I'd be able to get a replacement, so I sold it to a kid up the road...

I tossed a well used non cs countach (X 2) in the trash when I was 17 (1982) because I thought Id never use them again. I also tossed a Ligier CS in the trash a year later. 

But I made up for it by restoring 5 countachs all acquired off ebay.

Well , even though it was well used and didnt have the proper body , I ended up throwing out my "first" Tamiya . It was a used Road Wizard that a good friend of mine gave me and was still in useable shape but as low as the RW sat and the lack of any kind of suspention ( other than the two little springs for the front ) there was no way for me to realy run it anywhere so it sat and sat and sat untill I just eventualy pitched it ( had to be in the late 80's when I tossed it ) . Now I realy miss my old Wizard even though I still dont have anywhere to run it on a regular bassis , but it will allways be my first ...

Not a car BUT i did throw out a west german leopard A4 tank and when i say through it out it was out of a 4th floor window that was about 11yrs ago. just didnt realise what it was worth complete with metal tracks etc

i regret it now

Pete

Welcome back, ex-slayer, you were sectioned to the Isle of Man if I recollect..lol..

My story goes back like over 15 year..I use to build these cars with my son to keep him out of trouble..That’s how I got started..but anyway he had a friend who did not have much so I gave him an RC-10 so he could race at the track..[:o]Three days latter he sold it for $10...So I not only gave it away but lost out on ten buck and it was a really nice RC-10..[:'(]  regards jerry

I chucked or gave away (can't remember which) my first Tamiya, the original XR311. I know it's a rubbish drive, but I really wish I'd kept hold of it now. I keep thinking that I can't have got rid of it, and maybe it will turn up in my parent's loft or garage one day but searching them would take longer than finding a mint Sand Scorcher in a local skip (I'm pretty sure that Lord Lucan is tucked up in the loft, and Shergar has a nice little stable in the rear corner of the garage).

I sold my first Tamiya, a Manta Ray for £5 to a mate at the time. No great loss though, the car was pretty hammered with cracks in various places and a dirty great big wood screw holding the radio plate on!!!!

I dont throw cars away, more like give them away in silly deals. When i decide i want something new i am blinded by the fact i am ripping myself off because i just have to have the new thing whatever that may be, although my good trades are starting to outweigh the baduns YAY! At least you can take comfort in stepping out of your door and seeing some nutcase like  Michael Rutter coming past at over 200 mph through a 30 zone when the TT is on [:D][:D]

I have more regrets about what I didn’t buy when I had the opportunity.

I have this urge to contact a classmate from twelve years ago and ask

him if he still that old Avante he tried to sell me for £40. Ole

Funny that you say that as I did just the thing two days ago -I located

an old friend I used to race with about 10 years ago (using some

impressive semi-detective methods if I may say so...) and 'freed' his

used Avante he kept all these years. I think the outcome pays for the

slight embarrassment I felt when first talking with him.

post-3-1143638940.jpg

Now theres a thing - I have not seen the TT at all yet!! but its start/finish line is about 1/2 mile from where i live, so this year i might have a wander up to see what all the fuss is about, last year we had Russ Swift messing about on the prom - god wish i could drive like that, mind all the Manxies drive like nutters anyway!!!!  Godd place to run round the back of the Grandstand!!! as its NOT raining today [:o] i might have to go up and test the Brick - photos to follow later [:D]

Yes sectioned to the Isle of Man - slayed too many vampires in the UK...

Jozza if you find it, its mine!! - you remember I lent it too you in 1983 [;)] Lord Lucan lives over here in Jurby!! (well someone has too) Nice big airfield up there - cant be asked to drive there tho.....

Well at least i am not alone in the Lost Tamiya Hall of Shame!!!!

Carolyn

[A]

I know where you're coming from...I left the hobby in 2000 when I sold my 1st two Tamiyas (TA-02 Mustang Cobra & Blitz Supra, both moderatley modified) and all associated hardware (including an extra BMW 318i shell) to use the cash to help upgrade the wheels/tires on my full-size 5.0 Mustang.  Needless to say, I sold the car (including the 'extra' wheels/tires) for next to nothing a couple of years later.  What I would give to have the box-art Mustang Cobra (stars & stripes), Blitz Supra, and 'street' painted BMW 318i shells I had then to use on my current TA-03R & TL-01 chassis, not too mention the TA-02 chassis themselves... [:'(]

I really never thru my Tamiya's out. (Heck, I still have my Bolink Round Tracker from the days) But I had a King Blackfoot that I traded, but can't remember what for, and now regret it.

I also have lost out on some good buys. I was at the Expo this year and went into the swap meet. There was a RC-10 with graphite chassis and had an old Novak ESC. It also had a brand new body and wing. $40 is all he wanted. I thought I would look around real quick to make sure nothing else was better. Well, as soon as I walked away, a guy grabbed it and bought it. I still kick myself! [8o|]

I did end up with a VW Golf Group 2 chassis for $8 and a Kyosho Slingshot for $25. So not a bad day afterall.[:D]