Sign in to follow this  
CarKing

Ferrari F2001 Body for the F103???

I read somewhere that Tamiya made an F2001 Ferrari body that would fit the F103 but did not have Ferrari stickers, but rather generic ones. Is this true? Does anybody have one and how does it fit/look? If this is all true, I would like to get my hands on one.[8D]

They make a generic body for the F201, but it's Tamiya's own design, different to the Ferrari shell you can get with the F201.

Don't think they make any recent F1 bodies for the F103... last ones were in the late 90's.

quote:Originally posted by sosidge

They make a generic body for the F201, but it's Tamiya's own design, different to the Ferrari shell you can get with the F201.

Don't think they make any recent F1 bodies for the F103... last ones were in the late 90's.

id="quote">id="quote">

wrong actually, what you want to be looking at is 50899 and 50898, they are generic Ferrari and McLaren bodies from the 2000 season, they came prepainted, or clear as 49### special release numbers.

Those are the last ever bodies made for the F103, produced in 2001, and are now discontinued.

oh and the F201 body you talk about is the F201 "type A" body, that was produced to sideskirt ultra expensive Ferrari Liscensing costs, as it is a replica of the F2002, and looks light years better than the awful F2001 that comes in the Ferrari kits with the "flat" sidepods.

Notice how they made a 2002 Williams but no Ferrari even though its the most succesful car ever....

Ahh, thanks for the help guys! I was looking to get that "generic Ferrari" and some F201 Ferrari decals for it. Thought it would look slick. Bodies are hard to come by though.

That is what I am actually doing at the moment as it happens, thing is, if you get the 50899 body, it comes pre-painted by tamiya and its too dark (ie- not PS34, that all '97 onwards Ferrari F1 cars use) it does not even seem the same as PS2, which previous Ferrari F1's used. So the best bet is to get a clear 49187 limited release bodyshell, but they are quite rare, if you manage to find a suplier that has more than one I would be greatly interested.

I put a wanted ad in my showroom in Janurary and it took two months for someone to come forward with one, and it came from HK, so I have left the ad in there for now to try and get another.

I will be on the look out for it, and if I do find more than one, I will let you know about it.