Sign in to follow this  
Snake Plissken

The New Bruiser

Just thought i would add to what no doubt will become a 20+ page thread , ohhhhhh look a flying pig ! [:P]

He..he..he..he, chuckle, chuckle, snort, wheeze, cough, hack!! 

Ahem (better now)...that was fun.  Heck, why not?..at least it's

not a multi-page post on a re-re.[:)]

Tamiya adverts are usually plush jobs as they make accurate models their adverts are smart to. If you look at the front bumper you can see a reflection of something Mr. Tamiya is no slacker he would have that fixed in a jiffy so its FAKE. (but i may be wrong? or am i? i just dont know?)

Also look at the front leaf spring. It just goes up to the brush guard mount which is totally off.....it would be attached to the chassis.

Man, a Bad Photoshop at most! Go back to the drawing boards to ever who did this one. I have seen better work from 14 year olds and the were **** perfect too! This is way below that quality! [:$]

...and the door handles, window trim, grill and bumper aren't painted. 

Links to this reliable source, or some form of extra evidence. The quantity per carton seems a little realistic.

But everyone should be wary on this one, it is best not to post at this time, lessen we have another 300 page thread with a lot of crying at the end.

One of the other things that has not been mentioned is the fact that the kit number is a little off. 58372 The next big release is the 58364 Nismo R34GT at the end of this month and we can see that on the Tamiya page they only have one release scheduled for May, that being the XB Nismo R34GT, which is not a 58 kit, therefore, Tamiya, which usually releases kits in numbered order, must be releasing 7 kits plus the F350 in June, which would be a record for the 58 series kits. It gives one a chance to type some words, so thank you for allowing me this opportunity, but that is about it really. Tell us more about Kidderminster and give us more vids to consume!!

Finally managed to get a pic of the new bruiser which will probably be introduced in the Shizauka show. This pic was given to me by a trustworthy source, and I can assure you that its not a mock up or a hoax. It is supposed to be released in June.

Hi Snake, so exciting...if you don't mind I'd like to post this thread to my web? will certainly quote this souce from you, thank you...

I don't mind it's true or a hoax, it brings about discussion, debates, disputes and whatever it will be, it's part of my RC life, I do enjoy in sharing these info with my fellow readers. If it were true and will be released in June I will certainly take a 2 hours flight to Tokyo to get 2 of those as early as I can....

Something sure seems funny. But I think JAnderson knows something we don't. I can't believe nothing has been shown or someone who lives in Paris has not heard.

Cory

As you can see I had to remove the pic. I know most of you already have it saved on your hard drives and I would like to ask you not to post it again until the official annoncement.

I know it seem suspicious but I can assure you all that this is the real thing and no hoax is in play here. I think we should all relax a bit with the comments, and wait patiently to June.

One of the other things that has not

been mentioned is the fact that the kit number is a little off. 58372

The next big release is the 58364 Nismo R34GT at the end of this month and we can see that on the Tamiya page ...

I think he's making it after the dark impact, which has the number

58370. But I think that number is too close to the latest model. There

should be quite a few new item announce in May.

Maybe it isn't true, but when it is true. I will buy 5 :P Who knows what it's gonna be worth :P I hope it is true.

You all are very funny! Just wait and I will post more within 24hrs! LOL

Joe don't make us wait another 12+ hours!!

Come on man what's the skinny??

I hope it is tru !

But what i don't get, how does a guy in/from Israel know's this (no offence!) , you would expect a scoop like this out of Japan.

I beleave in the good of men, so i say.. Nice scoop snake!

if Tamiya goes ahead, you have provided tc with the scoop of 2006 i am quite shur about that.

Picture was removed, but the www. is quick so just checked out the picture, looks quite nice i think, bit of a pimped-out street pickup.  And, better that 350 body then another lousy scooby ;)

Stefan

I'll start to get excited when Tamiya anounce they are going to re-release the Monster Beetle. Taking into consideration how easy it would for them to do this and how desired this car is, and they know it, I'd say thats more likely than anything.

I found this on our Norwegian site, is this the same truck you are talking about????

If not then what is this?????

post-3-1145326200.jpg

that is the original picture from which this thread has mutated.

no no its not going to be a 3 speed i have just been handed these

official pictures of the sand scorcher re-release ..............

ss0di.jpg

jeez lets just wait for official word on re-re's guys !!!!

eh, if it is real (which I hope it is for all the people who want a bruiser but can't justify or afford to get an original) then I might buy one, depending on what is included, the price, and what I hear in the form of reviews and such. hopefully it won't be too expensive (maybe $100-$150) and will preform relatively well for what you get. I just hope it is full-time 4WD (aka no free-wheeling front hubs or RWD-only gears like the original had) and comes with atleast tranny bearings (doubt it tho, as tamiya is notorious for leaving out bearings in their kits unless it is a race-ready kit (or the TB chassis line)) as I doubt that companies like duratrax will have a bearing set out relatively quickly (DTX has a good price for the bearing sets from what I can see) and I doubt that the bearing sizes will be readily availible in the begining. even if they were, I wouldn't want to hunt through all of Tower or whoever to try to complete a set of bearings for the thing. also, I would like to see a ESC provided, or nothing, as I don't want a MSC that would either sit around un-used or mean me not buying one. other than that, I wouldn't really have any complaints (ok, maybe kill the slipper, as I doubt that with a presumeable hardbody and leaf-sprung solid axle suspension that many people who buy them will do crazy stuff with them)

[:D]

So far we got badly attached leaf springs, badly PS'd images and a lack of bearings in an, as yet, unannounced future possible release rumour thread.

And then the other half are holding out for a buggy that handles like a plate of warm jelly with a housebrick set into it.

If that is not a fake photo, then I am Ronald McDonald! [^o)]

I know for a fact, that that is not what Tamiya is going to bring out in June let alone ever!

You want fries with that? [:D]