Sign in to follow this  
Snake Plissken

The New Bruiser

You are all still busting me up! [:D]

All the rumors flying around about how and why it was released and pulled...

If only you knew, there would be lots of crow to eat [:o]

Keep them coming its very amusing

To be honest I was VERY surprised to see the car appear in such an

obviously early state of development. It is very unlike Tamiya to

publish pictures of even prototypes unless they are perfect!

Perhaps Tamiya USA pulled the pin a little early?

Cheers

Darryn

False since Snake 1st posted the page, before I set the items public on tamiyausa.com

I'm not sure where I had seen it posted before, but apparently TamiyaUSA wasn't supposed to put those new vehicles up on their website until after their debut at the Shizuoka hobby show. 

False

Ah Well, mess up on Tamiya USA's part i think.

Is anyone going to the Release?

Mike

Snake posted first shot from his undisclosed source, so thats false.

Mess up , maybe.. or some very clever marketing.

Think about it, "we" going to talk about the mistery F350 / generation II 3 speed until it goes official.

But until then, we going to drag this & talk about it (and create a hype for it) until they start selling it.

This may be a error, but there not stupid, how on earth can you "mistakenly" announce serveral models. I am quite shur that any changes to the site is not a job for one person.

You need the guy that brings the info, the translater/press guy, the it-guy and maybe some more to put something on a website "as big as tamiyausa" .

Might be far-sought, but.. i think there just way more clever then that.

Stefan

False, I'm only one guy

Tamiya USA also currently have the Thundershot description on the page for the Manta Ray. Which is obviously sloppy cutting and pasting at their database level.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58360

Maybe it's time for the people who manage their website to get their act together....

cheers,

H.

That was a database issue and it has been resloved. Thanks for not thinking I have my act together.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58360'>

Maybe it's time for the people who manage their website to get their act together....

You're on to something there, H..

I 've had the pleasure of briefly speaking with their 'Stateside on-line design

guy before- (don't ask, long story)  Believe me -- They're a very long way from mastering effective web based commerce -or promotion for that matter!!

1st he's our programmer

2nd he won't be too happy to hear that you post such things on the internet, I'm sure...

Several possibilities....

1) someone within the organization made the mistake of releasing the pictures before approval or miscommunicate somewhere.

2) company wants to find out the interest of this new 3spd. based on # of hits on their website and TC

3) read up on TC members' comments, Tamiya may not want to have the same results as the old Juggeraunt, which I don't think it did well...detail wise not good enough, performance wise not good enough, which end up pleasing no one.

Lets hope the final version will bring the "majic & buzz" back for Tamiya.

Try #1 but don't be so quick to blame Tamiya USA

Just borrow the pictures from our site while you can.  I'm waiting to see if I get an email from TamiyaUSA to say to take them off...  after all I have one from them which says I can republish any picture from their site as long as I host it.

http://www.goldstarstockists.com/playtime/...a-pre-order.htm

As my e-mail stated we have no problems with sites promoting our products and using our images and files(PDFand Movies).

We do have a problem when site hotlink to our files and use our bandwidth for their site.

Put yourself in our shoes, what if I was to hotlink all your images and send all the traffic Tamiya USA gets, your bandwidth would go through the roof!

Its a just interent business practice, that all site use.

What busts me up is the sites that grab images and files from our site then add copyright watermarks or java anti-right click scripts, to their sites, now that is funny.

Nice to see you back on here mate.  Still getting excited about the release of this new 3 speed!

Looking forward to new information as and when.

All the best

Steve

Yes, JAndersson, it´s nice to have you back here, sharing what you know in this without doubt biggest thing on TC ever (in my opinion)

I was thinking if you have any Swedish ties with the name Anderson, which is somewhat of a Swedish name.

Read the 16 pages of this topic and didn't know whether to cry or to laugh about how it evolved with wrong and unfair judgements without later apology, people playing gurus despite being second after privateers etc... Anyway, luckily after 2nd half the discussion turned to a more positive direction with nice and constructive comments. [:)]

Also the most important and positive fact is the release itself. Can only agree to Shodog and some others that this is the best release we have seen from Tamiya since many, many years. Its the hardbodied scale 3 speed truck/pickup endless Tamiya fans where praying for since years. The F350 body is one of Tamiyas best detailed (they always made great ABS Ford bodies, like F150 and F100), the use of semi truck similar chassis and plastic gearbox will make the car superiorly driveable and significantly cheaper, also the body / wheel matching is imho superior to the old 3 speeds as wheels are realistically small and also not exceeding the body so much. The 4 wheel steering is not a disadvantage as it can be disabled for more scale but actually an advantage as it makes the car a double success, also in the trial community which was dominated till now with mainly expensive and not so nice looking German products. Lets hope it will be a great seller, chances are very good as realistic RC off roaders got very few and the price is much lower to the old 3 speeds which costed almost $1000 or more in todays equivalent money. Thank you Shunsaku and whole Tamiya for listening to customers wishes! [H]

Cheers

I'm not sure where I had seen it posted before, but apparently TamiyaUSA wasn't supposed to put those new vehicles up on their website until after their debut at the Shizuoka hobby show. 

False

Fair enough, that's what I get for believing stuff I read on internet message boards!  At least the release is real.  I know I'm looking forward to it. 

To be honest I was VERY surprised to see the car appear in such an

obviously early state of development. It is very unlike Tamiya to

publish pictures of even prototypes unless they are perfect!

Cheers

Darryn

False since Snake 1st posted the page, before I set the items public on tamiyausa.com

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT..........I wasnt talking about

Snakes pic......in fact I didnt even catch thread until someone had

posted the link to tamiya USA - I HAVE ONLY SEEN THE TAMIYA USA PICS

before they went down...........I am most definately not having

a go at you - in fact I sent you an email privately some days ago

complimenting you on how you were handling all this resposnse. In no

way was there insult intended towards you or Tamiya USA in the comment

- Hopefully you can see that.

I too am excited about the release - I hope Tamiya goes down the

earlier road and starts producing more scale looking R/C models like

this. Irrespective of this - I am still surprised the pics were released on the site - most unusual.

Darryn

As my e-mail stated we have no problems with sites promoting our products and using our images and files(PDFand Movies).

We do have a problem when site hotlink to our files and use our bandwidth for their site.

Put yourself in our shoes, what if I was to hotlink all your images and send all the traffic Tamiya USA gets, your bandwidth would go through the roof!

What busts me up is the sites that grab images and files from our site then add copyright watermarks or java anti-right click scripts, to their sites, now that is funny.

First off, you are quite defensive. If you know the truth behind all this rubbish over a 3 speed picture then either tell the truth or stop being so defensive and just putting false. It is like you want to play this game! [:|]

As for the picture thing, I would think you guys would like it when people use your pictures as it is free advertisement for you, but that is just my thoughts and I wouldn't know how big corperate or web managers would feel.

My 2 cents said! [;)] Take it for what it is worth!

To be honest I was VERY surprised to see the car appear in such an obviously early state of development. It is very unlike Tamiya to publish pictures of even prototypes unless they are perfect!

Cheers

Darryn

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT..........I wasnt talking about Snakes pic......in fact I didnt even catch thread until someone had posted the link to tamiya USA - I HAVE ONLY SEEN THE TAMIYA USA PICS before they went down...........I am most definately not having a go at you - in fact I sent you an email privately some days ago complimenting you on how you were handling all this resposnse. In no way was there insult intended towards you or Tamiya USA in the comment - Hopefully you can see that.

I too am excited about the release - I hope Tamiya goes down the earlier road and starts producing more scale looking R/C models like this. Irrespective of this - I am still surprised the pics were released on the site - most unusual.

Darryn

Darryn, I have no problems, Just saying it was false and Snake and his contact beat even Tamiya USA to the F350.

Cheers,

Joe

First off, you are quite defensive. If you know the truth behind all this rubbish over a 3 speed picture then either tell the truth or stop being so defensive and just putting false. It is like you want to play this game! [:|]

As for the picture thing, I would think you guys would like it when people use your pictures as it is free advertisement for you, but that is just my thoughts and I wouldn't know how big corperate or web managers would feel.

My 2 cents said! [;)] Take it for what it is worth!

I reserve the right to get a litle defensive with some personal attacks, wouldn't you?

If you read the post you quoted before pressing quote you would see

"As my e-mail stated we have no problems with sites promoting our products and using our images and files(PDFand Movies)."

Its all in out "Terms of use"

I do know the truth, that is right. But I can only say so much.

Sorry but I'm going to have to give you back change of 2 cents on that post. [:D]

I was thinking if you have any Swedish ties with the name Anderson, which is somewhat of a Swedish name.

father's side is Irish heritage

Cool - wasnt sure if you were upset or not - as it was the fact that

Tamiya USA actually had it up there in an relatively premature state of

development that surprised me! No slanging at you mate! If I have

something negative to say I will email you - not post in forums for the

world to see.........Thats why I dont say much unless I know something

for sure.[;)]

All is well. [:D]

Cheers

Darryn

Glad to see you guys worked that out.

So.... what do we do we now..... just wait for this new 3 speed?

Im getting older by the day!

g

Yep, it's looking like it's going to be a big hit then. Does anyone think Tamiya will do their usual trick and release multiple bodies on one chassis?

BTW, another PM From Jock_The_Glide, but if i don't reply, i can't be accused of rising to the bait, and he was basically saying how i am not allowed an oppinion because i've never had a 3 speed.

I'm not a big fan of real Fords, but I have to admit that Tamiya's Jugg body is very nice.  However, I am curious which modern 1:1 trucks you'd like to see on this chassis or which ones you think may be likely if Tamiya does sell it with different bodies like they did with the old 3-speeds.  I think a Toyota would be more likely than anything else, though I'd prefer the Tacoma over the Tundra.

getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img311_25042006165109_1.jpg

Yep, it's looking like it's going to be a big hit then. Does anyone think Tamiya will do their usual trick and release multiple bodies on one chassis?

BTW, another PM From Jock_The_Glide, but if i don't reply, i can't be accused of rising to the bait, and he was basically saying how i am not allowed an oppinion because i've never had a 3 speed.

Well Jock you better start PM'ing me as well, since I have never owned a 3-speed and I work for Tamiya.

Unless you count my homemade F350 Highlift?

img_0002.jpg

JAnderson - are you able to say what it is that you do for Tamiya (I'm very curious).  And secondly, judging by your great truck - do we have you to thank for the new Hi Rider F350 release by Tamiya then [:o].

And a follow on to JAnderson...

Considering Jock joined on 10/04/2005 saying: "Just started to collect tamiya stuff love building them and love keeping them in the box gotta buy two of everything of course now." and MikeT has been building Tamiya's since age 9 (I make that 6 years - at least 4 more than Jock) I think that maybe it is the pot calling the kettle black!!!

JAnderson - are you able to say what it is that you do for Tamiya (I'm very curious).  And secondly, judging by your great truck - do we have you to thank for the new Hi Rider F350 release by Tamiya then [:o].

Web Coordinator for Tamiya USA sites. My truck was a home project that Mr. Tamiya really liked, lets just leave it at that. (I'm just glad to have it home safe with me after a long trip to japan and back)