Sign in to follow this  
Snake Plissken

The New Bruiser

I will give DJ 2 points to spit in my face rather than coward like Alan/Dill

I just don't understand people?

People whine and complain because companies do not listen or help them when needed?

People have nothing to do but whine and complain when someone helps them and is a conduit to the design of future products.

DJ what do you do for a living? Just because I'm incontrol of the web does not mean I do not have other hats to wear here. I do have more to do than wht you think (Before he spins this... I'm in no way bragging, only defending myself against all the trash he has be dumping)

You don't need to know what I do for a living, I don't need to brag for it, like others. What trash do I dump? I just say the true fact that you haven't contributed any news or facts here, only smartbottom comments saying, "I knew before you all", "if only you fools knew", "don't worry" etc, things that anyone can write and won't help this topic further. If you have or are allowed to give some news, please be welcome to post them, if not, please spare our time.

Cheers

Eeerm...

Isnt the F350 based on JAndersons private project? I would guess that given his input into the project, he would be kept in the loop, whatever his position at Tamiya. Frankly, anyone within Tamiya, even the tea lady, is better placed to comment than anyone outside of the organisation...

Whether JAndersen is mandated to speak here or not, is spinning the corporate line or not, i for one would rather have cryptic news snippets from an insider, than no news at all..

*glitch pulls on his flameproof undies*

The requests to Tamiya for a 3 speed have been older then Tamiyaclub itself, also there have been other custom creations which have been mailed to Tamiya and are much closer to the Hilift then JA's one, also we shouldn't forget how important for Tamiya the internal (Japanese) market is, possibly JA's truck played its role but there are at least several other aspects which influenced it similarily or possibly more.

Now, lets go back to our favourite discussion, has anyone heard about the new release date?

Cheers

Well, I just inquired with RC Champ how to order one from them and they replied to me that it won't be available until July - but they didn't give an exact date.  And yes, let's all talk about the F350 truck fellas [:D].

And don't forget shodog's paintjob!

<peace>

ahhh, to badword with peace.. would have kept me job-less for couple of years :)

I do not call others idiots. That was an e-mail from your buddy Alan/Dill I even posted his e-mail address

This shows again how easily you spread out untrue rumours, without having any real clue or evidence (like also on several Tamiya news), you know I dont know this guy and Chris is out to get him and if I have to something to say you see I say it face to face. This is negative rumour spreading (that he is supposed to be my buddy) and I hope I you take it back and apologise.

Cheers

I have no proof its not you, so how could I apologise? LOL

I will give DJ 2 points to spit in my face rather than coward like Alan/Dill

I just don't understand people?

People whine and complain because companies do not listen or help them when needed?

People have nothing to do but whine and complain when someone helps them and is a conduit to the design of future products.

DJ what do you do for a living? Just because I'm incontrol of the web does not mean I do not have other hats to wear here. I do have more to do than wht you think (Before he spins this... I'm in no way bragging, only defending myself against all the trash he has be dumping)

You don't need to know what I do for a living, I don't need to brag for it, like others. What trash do I dump? I just say the true fact that you haven't contributed any news or facts here, only smartbottom comments saying, "I knew before you all", "if only you fools knew", "don't worry" etc, things that anyone can write and won't help this topic further. If you have or are allowed to give some news, please be welcome to post them, if not, please spare our time.

Cheers

Please read deeper than the question, I was asking to see if you only had 1 hat at work? If you did you are a lucky one

Eeerm...

Isnt the F350 based on JAndersons private project? I would guess that given his input into the project, he would be kept in the loop, whatever his position at Tamiya. Frankly, anyone within Tamiya, even the tea lady, is better placed to comment than anyone outside of the organisation...

Whether JAndersen is mandated to speak here or not, is spinning the corporate line or not, i for one would rather have cryptic news snippets from an insider, than no news at all..

*glitch pulls on his flameproof undies*

The requests to Tamiya for a 3 speed have been older then Tamiyaclub itself, also there have been other custom creations which have been mailed to Tamiya and are much closer to the Hilift then JA's one, also we shouldn't forget how important for Tamiya the internal (Japanese) market is, possibly JA's truck played its role but there are at least several other aspects which influenced it similarily or possibly more.

Now, lets go back to our favourite discussion, has anyone heard about the new release date?

Cheers

your thought

Well, I just inquired with RC Champ how to order one from them and they replied to me that it won't be available until July - but they didn't give an exact date.  And yes, let's all talk about the F350 truck fellas [:D].

There is not date as of yet. As soon as I know something I will post it

JAnderson and DJTheo, could you please stop argueing each other or keep it to private messages? I have the feeling this all gets too serious... Are we still talking about a simple toy car?

I have no proof its not you, so how could I apologise? LOL

You have no proof it is me and this means unfair/unconsolidated accusation and reputation damage, but if you would be into serious business you would know that. Imagine if I would start accusing you of spaming the guestbook of my site like someone does...

There is not date as of yet. As soon as I know something I will post it

You

don't need to bother, we will find out sooner from Japanese Tamiya

homepage or other members like everything release related till now.

Cheers

Any chance you could put your responses in one post rather than make a new one for every point JAnderson? Would make it easier to read in one post with gaps between each point. Also, it is not just Theo's thought that calls for a new 3 speed are older than TC. On the vintage forum Theo, myself and a number of other members belonged to before TC, these requests were present. Also, in this time (and before) there have been many interpretations of a modern 3 speed from a number of different people.

My point was more about the value of insider info (whether from orchestrated PR, office grapevine or project team members), and less about getting into a discussion about whether or not the numerous examples of modern 3-speeds influenced the decision to release the F350...

BUT

When everyone has calmed down (hint hint), it would be great to start a thread which traces the "genealogy" of the F350, and gives credit to those custom projects that did influence its development, as mr_pushrod and DJTheo have suggested. I personally am curious about what Tamiya's response was to the projects that were "mailed" to them. As i am curious to hear JAndeson's side of the development story. Are we seeing the first internet-driven, "mass participation" rc car design?

Why don't you JAnderson,  just keep us updated to avoid such issues?  I mean you seem like you just want argue with people rather than giving straight answers.  If you can't say anything, just say that.  I posted the delay info here: http://myrcmt.net/ipb/index.php?showtopic=396&st=0  and you seemed clueless about the delay and for someone who represents the company, you need to present yourself better than you do!

Clueless? LOL

I simply posted

"I hate when people post things and NO LINKS to prove the facts" because you posted something without a link or anything? Do you get e-mails and PM's from people when things like this are posted? I do and dislike when people post things like this with no resource. "And that is explained there as well"

Hmmmm.... Seems like the 'Hi Lift' thread has been 'hi-jacked'[:(]

@ JAnderson -- Is this really the typical response that you get from forum participants?

Jus' curious,

-Steve

JAnderson, I guess you just will never get the point will you?

Say I work for Tamiya, or any company and someone was posting on a message board that I am also a member of a message about a product release date being delayed. Now myself being and employee of said company would either post a reply back stating info about the delay or post nothing if information is not allowed to be divulged.  Yet you want to question people and act like it's untrue and your hiding a secret only you should know when the info was on the website.  Why not answer new product questions like all other company reps who post on message boards by divulging information that is allowed and shooting down the untruths that all of us have seen on message boards?

This is how I would have answered a delay question:

Hello, due to some last minute changes (or whatever) we will have a slight delay in the release of our new product.  I will post more information when available!

(Just take a look at Kent Clausen's posts on RC Zone about the 6 month delay on the HPI Baja 5B, he kept all the people well informed about changes, go ahead, take a look.)

I'm just hoping you see the point, again.

What will be needed for a loaded out F350 ?  Kit, radio, esc, Multi function unit, bearings ??????  Am I missing anything.

BD6

Wow! this thread has deteriorated badly.  When you get all butt hurt thinking that someone is bad mouthing you on a message board Just remember one thing. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please no tasteless jokes about disabled people, hopefully the "quote of the week" topic won't make posters "overcreative".

TC Moderation

Reading stuff like this kinda takes all the fun out of the hobby, kinda reminds me why I stopped racing rc cars.  Too much bickering and name calling over nonsense.  Mr. Anderson at first I thought it was pretty cool that you would come on here and let us know a little bit from what corporate Tamiya is thinking and doing, but now, granted I don't know all the circumstances, it seems that you have some kind of bitter feelings towards some of us.  I appreciate your help on a few questions I have asked you, and I just can't understand why the bitterness towards some of the others especially Theo, who always seem to help each other out on here without a second thought.  Let's just get back to the great truck that is getting ready to make this hobby fun again.

Wow! this thread has deteriorated badly.  When you get all butt hurt thinking that someone is bad mouthing you on a message board Just remember one thing. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

That's pretty good.  But being a politically correct forum the retard should be change to mentally or physically chellenge. 

Maybe we should have more female members, which may result in less email war of words.

Maybe all the guys should see Brokeback Mountain and be more sensative and consider to others. (I am very sensative and consider to others, therefore I need not see Brokeback Mountain[A])

Maybe we should fill our minds with Love and Peace before we start replying to TC forum

Maybe we should also say No to Anger [8o|]

Maybe I should end shut up and get off this forum

Sincerely,

Andy Rooney[;)]

Wow - thanks to all those that bought this one to my attention. Another thread where the main topic has been lost in personal remarks between posters. As I've said before everyone is welcome to an opinion and to post it here - the problems only start when people start posting opinions on others posters. Its one thing posting theories about models/releases and other stuff which are hard enough to prove in themselves but it takes it to a level when people start posting theories about other posters.

This thread is going no where and is now locked. If someone wants to start a new resonable one on the model itself then feel free but please don't let it get personal this time.

Chris

Just like to say it got to 37 pages(see my earlier post !) ! Hmmmm at least this time the 3 speed is on its way lol !

P.S THIS IS A LOCKED THREAD SO DON'T POST AGAIN LIKE I DID ! LOL

I didn't know you could reply in a locked thread.....

Hey look!! You can!![:o]

People are too sensitive around here....

But the best news is, only 6 days to go until the release (yeaaahhh!)

A well.. if nothing changes of course.

Already ordered me some new servo's & paint , can't wait to get my hands on the kit.

Stefan