Sign in to follow this  
Snake Plissken

The New Bruiser

So much speculation made reading the 20 or so pages funny ;)

I'm waiting on it, and will purchase one but I'm not going to kill

myself trying to get it here any faster than well I don't know. But I

want one, just not in a tizzy waiting.

Billg4, this must be a wake up call for Tamiya.  I don't think there has been so much excitment for a Tamiya launch product.  Granded, email and webpage wasn't around back than.  But with close to 20K hit just on TC along plus discussion within other topics found, Tamiya can't say there is no interest in realistic RC.  It'll be interesting to find out what the hits were for Tamiya USA on the 350. I guess we have another month of two to wait and some of us will have to brown bag it from now on or see if your neighbors want their dog to be walked or their lawn mowed..

Here's an idea: Let's edit this down to the actual comments that have anything remotely to do with the product itself.

This is a wonderful new release.  I am especially pleased they chose the Ford body over the Toyota - great move Tamiya!

Put me down for Twenty kits.

-TamiyaMan-

PS. Let's get going on re-releasing the 959 and FAV.

Depends where you live or buy [;)]

NOT a hipe, it is already posted on tamiya.com, expect the release in 24 JUNE !! 39800 yen, got to go Tokoyo end of June.....

Wow, that would mean an approximate street price in Asian (e)shops of about $250, the bargain of a lifetime compared to the old 3 speeds which costed almost $1000 in todays money equivalency.

Cheers

The link doesn't work as TamiyaUSA have taken down the page containing

the images. You can find the specifcation on Time Tunnel Models

website

http://www.tamiyaparts.co.uk/playtime/tamiya-pre-order.htm

All the pictures from Tamiyas page are here

http://www.outcastrc.com/craig/posts/hilift/index.html

Btw, not only the F350 but also all other Shuzuoka news where removed from the TamiyaUSA site, maybe someone rushed a bit too much for TamiyaHQs liking as Tamiya fair news are usually to be presented at the start of a fair? [;)]

Cheers

Depends where you live or buy [;)]

NOT a hipe, it is already posted on tamiya.com, expect the release in 24 JUNE !! 39800 yen, got to go Tokoyo end of June.....

Wow, that would mean an approximate street price in Asian (e)shops of about $250, the bargain of a lifetime compared to the old 3 speeds which costed almost $1000 in todays money equivalency.

Cheers

I hope that is correct DJTheo, dunno if I would want to stretch to the high £300's 

[:(]............Unless that is a 2 for 1 offer  [:D]

Yeah. That's over $500 for us in the US.

let me see here one credit card with 20k limit how many can i buy....LOL....

Yeah. That's over $500 for us in the US.

Yeah, but they also have the Suzuki Swift at 142 Euro, but you can get it for just over $100 USD. So I call bull o that web site.

I bet it will be about $300 - $400 USD though, as it is much like 1/14 rig RC, and they are around $300 USD> So don't worry, I am sure places like Stellamodels and Jason on eBay will take care of us US guys as they always have in the past! [;)]

badword I got my Dark Impact for $140 USD shipped from Stella and Tower Hobbies is selling it for $160 before shipping.

Also I got my Re Re Frog for Xmas for $140 from Jason and it was shipped here in 2 days from Japan!

So I am not worried, I will have one of these if they are ever released! My wife already knows to look out for one of these in a box withing the next 6 months! [:P]

T King, you are respond 21000 and for that you get a cookie. Moir, being 21001, i get the crumps.

As for the short release of the Jug and that Mammoth truck I am not sure which target group Tamiya was aiming for.

Maybe if own an open pit mine I would get one of those truck, but the Jug just does nothing for me, but than we all have different taste.  

hey guys... looks like hi lift Fords fever has hit the UK officially...

Picture1.jpg

spotted today in Leamington Town Centre, rumbling down the parade.

bonnet was about 8 foot up!

good job he was on the ball, he came up behind a daihatsu charade at the traffic lights, wouldnt have noticed he'd crushed him I don't think!

(this may have been an F450 - certainly had a beefy engine!)

james

Just seen on the TimeTunnelModels site that the price for the new hi-lift will be in "the high £300's"

http://www.goldstarstockists.com/playtime/...a-pre-order.htm

Pretty good value for what you get compared to the latest competition touring cars and less than Yokomos latest racing buggy.

For example Hot Bodies Cyclone £380 without motor, body, wheels or tyres.

Just seen on the TimeTunnelModels site that the price for the new hi-lift will be in "the high £300's"

http://www.goldstarstockists.com/playtime/...a-pre-order.htm

Pretty good value for what you get compared to the latest competition touring cars and less than Yokomos latest racing buggy.

For example Hot Bodies Cyclone £380 without motor, body, wheels or tyres.

Quite easy to find UK web sites selling the Cyclone for £285.......

.....just like you'll find websites selling the hi-lift for less than

retail. The price I picked was for the Hara Edition, the basic Cyclone

now has an RRP of £299 - just for the basic chassis. Still makes the

hi-lift seem good value compared with what you get in a touring car kit.

.....just like you'll find websites selling the hi-lift for less than retail. The price I picked was for the Hara Edition, the basic Cyclone now has an RRP of £299 - just for the basic chassis. Still makes the hi-lift seem good value compared with what you get in a touring car kit.

Yes, I would agree that it does seem better value, but we all know what a money pit Touring car racing can be  [:(]  just hope someone (somewhere) sells the hi-lift at a price within my (or is that my wife's) budget  [;)

I couldn't let this thread slip to page 2!!! What if Tamiya is watching us and sees that the interest in the kit has gone down!!! :-)

Bump!

I agree! [:D] But mr.Tamiya cange that body for a early Bronco as I think that will look much better..[:)] Make one with hard top as everyone else on the marked is pick up versions.

Bronco are becoming more and more popular at the moment why not make one when the interest are on top??

Later

I think Tamiya should put a Jeep body on it, after all, aren't Jeeps

the ultimate off-roader? A Scrambler or Renegade body would be OK, but

personally I would perfere a M715 or another full size Jeep body, but

that isn't going to happen = ( 

All of us have different tastes- this is just my two cents ; )

I found the MSRP on the tamiya hi lift 4X4

39,800.00 JPY

Japan Yen = 353.807 USD

United States Dollars

I translate the tamiya of japan web site on the Tamiya high lift 4X4

Ford F350 high lift The pickup track/truck which represents America, the Ford F350 is appearance by the electromotive RC car. It reproduces the forum which is done grandly to real with the precise die. The front grille and the bumper made the plated part. In addition, using the metal part, it makes, the chassis which equips the leaf rigid suspension in the rudder frame, also withstanding fully. Loading the speed change possible 3rd gear missions while travelling, also interest of running is extraordinary. - 1/10 electromotive RC car series No.372 1/10RC FORD F350 HIGH-LIFT (58372) * total length 492mm. * The slipper which protects the gear - the clutch standard equipment. * Full-time the 4WD. As for suspension front and back leaf rigidity. * Also the installation of multiple function unit of selling separately is possible. June 24 always 39,800 Yen in sale June 21st dispatch 1 entrance several 2 estimate values

I grabbed this off of a friend. Looks like the truck won't be super expensive I hope.

I think Tamiya should put a Jeep body on it, after all, aren't Jeeps

the ultimate off-roader? A Scrambler or Renegade body would be OK, but

personally I would perfere a M715 or another full size Jeep body, but

that isn't going to happen = ( 

All of us have different tastes- this is just my two cents ; )

If you want a diferent shell on it then go ahead and fit one. All you have to do is find the shell you like and fit it.