Sign in to follow this  
Snake Plissken

The New Bruiser

Thanks Neo for posting the pix for me but what happend? it got cut in half.

Anyways don't know why Tamiya didn't put slightly wider tires on this truck it seems to be narrower than the Bruiser this makes it top heavy and you can be certain it will rollover and damage that beautiful hard body every time you make a turn or hit a bump.

Sorry mate, didnt get chance to resize the pics. Was sneekly using the work PC [;)] Anyway, if you look at the bottom of the pics there is a scroll bar[;)]

Thats ok , its only a ford body [:P] ( Ewww , I said the "F" word again) .... *runs and hides before he gets hit*

Dual exhausts + wiper blades = nice touch.

Hi-lift + current small tires = unbalance look

solution...reduce the amout of lift, use larger and wider tires + mud flaps = just right

Hard body + details = high repair cost

solution...a) shelve queen

:( run it with extreme care

c) buy extra body for display

Come on Mr. Tamiya, replace the rear with a dually set up and this will be the worthy replacement of the old 3 spd. and the legacy continues.

Im just wondering as no one seems to have brought it up what are people hoping for from the potential new mfu set for the truck i have a king hauler and would love to see a vibration system incoroprated, also im just wondering does the body shell (as im aware its an exsisting set) have clear rear light lenses and indicators?.

Again all that criticism [+o(], instead of being happy of a scale modern 3 speed which we all wished so long... [:(]

Hi-lift + current small tires = unbalance look

For me its the opposite, realistic look unlike Bruiser/Mounty, have you ever seen a pick up with so big and wide wheels and tires in real? If so its a show monster truck which are usually with non detailed US bodies, not a Toyota. Actually its great that Tamiya didn't follow the trend and made just another extreme, unrealistic 24cells 100mph MT basher, but something scale and different which has even narrow (realistic) stance like the first Hilux and not like the Bruiser/Mounty.

Hard body + details = high repair cost

As said, there are endless post in this forum with people of wishing for detailed hard bodies and now we don't want them? If someone wants an ugly, robust basher body, there are millions of other choice out there, please let us scale fans at least have one detailed hard body choice.

Come on Mr. Tamiya, replace the rear with a dually set up and this will

be the worthy replacement of the old 3 spd. and the legacy continues.

Tamiyafevers dually is very nice (I personally love it!) but would never sell as much as this one as:

a) duallys are only popular and known in the US

:( they aren't so good for off road and crawling, like also the Tamiya rigs and this is for what most of these will be sold. Would we love the old 3 speeds so much if they had more a on road setup and not those great off road videos?

Cheers

Im just wondering as no one seems to have brought it up what are people hoping for from the potential new mfu set for the truck i have a king hauler and would love to see a vibration system incoroprated, also im just wondering does the body shell (as im aware its an exsisting set) have clear rear light lenses and indicators?.

I also hope vibration, as well a US big bore V8 sound! [H] Since I guess they used the Jugg body unchanged, propably not, but of course they never fail to surprise us.

Cheers

For me its perfect! The hard part is getting the smaller scales. Tamiya is the only company even giving us the chance to have 1.9 scales rc's. And those choices are very slim. If I want a 2.2 tired truck my choices are much larger... So for me I would much rather have a 1.9 and convert up, then get a 2.2 and try to convert down.

If you want bigger tires  / 4 link suspensions / lexan body. This truck can be converted in a couple hours. It won't be long before theres kits to do that very thing if your not hack minded.

What I want to know is whats hiding under the hood. I have plenty of projects just itching for parts from this truck. Just waiting to see more details so I can decide what I want to do...

Personally I hope they make a dual sound MFU. Either gas or turbo diesel. Then it will allow people to install them in other vehicles... If they have to pick one it should be diesel. Exactly how many non diesel F350's are there? Not many compared to the turbo diesels...

Hi so when you say they left the jug body unchanged would you expect it not to have working rear lights ( i have never seen a jug body up close so have no idea what they are like also im wondering about bulb fitments inside the shell?. One thing i was thinking would be a nice feaure is when the engine stops starts from the transmiter being switched on off it would be nice if it it locked unlocked with indicator flashing like a real truck.

Anyway im sure tamiya will come up with something!

The original doesn't have clear rear lights, lets see how this one will be though.

Cheers

I think we all very, very happy Tamiya is coming out with the F350 otherwise we won't have, what, 24 pages of forum and 25K hits. 

All the comments made by TC members, including mine, I don't think they are critcism at all but suggestions hoping the F350 will be even better given what Tamiya is cable of.  We are not even asking Tamiya to push the envelope or for them to design new parts, just use their existing parts from their part bins.  We all know at the end of the day is about cost, product life, sells volume blab, blab, blab.  Maybe is Tamiya marketing strategy, the 2nd edition of the F350 will incorporate some or all of our current wish list, and we will go out and buy another one.

As for bigger tires, I don't think we are talking about the size of big foot or used in crawlers, just something balance.  Are the tires on mountaineer too big?  To me they are about right.  I recalled the real Montaineer was featured in the movie Back To The Future at the end and when I saw it back then I though that is a nice looking truck and if I had a truck like that when  I was in High School...chick magnet, I only had a 10 spd. bike.

As for pick ups trucks, Americans still have an upper hand,  they invented it.  They have pick ups that can pull, and haul stuff where imports just can't handle.  They have production, not custom made, pick ups that can keep up or out run some of the finest sports cars in the world and we are talking about a truck.

To me is about realism and the right look. Monster trucks and crawlers at RC level does nothing to me, even at 1:1 scale I don't get too excited.

Maybe is Tamiya marketing strategy, the 2nd edition of the F350 will

incorporate some or all of our current wish list, and we will go out

and buy another one.

Would be nice but strongly doubt it as like I wrote above many wishes are too special and wouldn't appeal to a big enough market to make it wothwile for Tamiya (duallies mainly known in the USA and not being so good to drive off road)

Are the tires on mountaineer too big?  To me they are about right.

Do you know many normal pickupus with tires 1.65m high??? Just google for pickup images and try to find how many pickups have as big tires as an average person height. Close to nil.

Do you preffer the look of this

ronnieC_ukThumb.jpg

or this ?

hilux98plus_image1.jpg

And just think of, the tires of the first one aren't even 1.65m but significantly less. Imho the Mounty just looks nice due to its nice body, rear chrome bar and that we are used to it, also due to the ugly 58028 Hilux rear cab and wheels, otherwise Hilux is a much nicer scale design imho.

Cheers

To me it is al about scale realism, so I must say I love the 1,9 size wheels, leaf springs and hard bodys. Whe are arranging trial/crawl competitions in Norway, and the 1,9 size class are the biggest class by far! It competes with tree other classes: 2,2 scale trail. 2,2 Rock crawling, and Rock Crawl unlimited.

I read somwhere in here that you could buy a mulitfunctional system for this seperatly, can someone please enlighten me on what that does?

Cheers

focus1 

Tamiya has made MFUs for tanks and trucks with sounds, vibrations, lights, extra channel control and more functions (like truck load, or tank damage) via just 4 RCchannels (with control combinations), the Hilift one will be propably similar.

Cheers

I have been reading everyones suggestions and while some are cool ideas, their just not marketable.  This truck is going to mean many things to many people.  People are going to put theri own flava to it. Look at how many great creations have come from TLT chassis.  Not only is the F-350 a great looking truck from the start, it's a killer base to start a custom on

Any chance of grabbing the shots and posting here?

Already signed up to WAY to many forums!

Any chance of grabbing the shots and posting here?

Already signed up to WAY to many forums!

Agreed.

That first picture certainly looks as though it has got 4 wheel steering. All the servos etc. seem to be exposed as well and not in a radio box. Will have to see what the final product looks like. Love the realism though.[:)]

IMHO it looks like it ISN'T 4WS, look at the " lock-out " on the rear axle, and look at that **** bent steering rod!

Looks like the rear wheel steering might be an option? With the connecting rod just in front of the rear axle (Im guessing here) it looks as though you have control of the rear toe in/out. With some linkage and an additional servo it looks possible to incorporate rear steering.

So the question is if there is some CV or universal at the rear hub.

The Tamiya pics did say 4X4X4 but the final product might not be. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. One thing is for sure... Im getting two!

Looks to me the rear steering rod is there just to brace the rear wheel toe in / out , with just the little bars the adjustable toe would probably brake so they have added the bar .

Yer thats a strange bend in the front steering arm

The bar that runs the length ( almost ) of the axles joins the 2 rear steering knuckles together, the shorter one is attached to the chassis and stops the knuckles steering :D

Very nice, I hope they have water resistant radio box anyone recall the FOX or the SS those are really sealed.

I wouldn't worry much about wheels, tires, tie rods, or bodies as before you know it there's going to tons of aftermarket parts available to customize to your liking.