Sign in to follow this  
Snake Plissken

The New Bruiser

OK, whos gonna start another thread about a release date and also price speculation [;)]

Awww , you gotta keep it in here . Were still not up to the 20 plus page count [:D]

You beat me to it WG.  I feel bad for the way Snake was treated, and I'm pretty surprised that the critics and naysayers weren't more apologetic.  He had real info and and real picture, and the experts began to tell him why the picture was an obvious fake.

Nice job, Snake.

Oh no it can't be true!!!  Good for you Snake for having the courage.[;)]

Definitely a sharp looking truck, but I'm now convinced more than ever of the Hilux and Bruiser uniqueness.

Best,

Very Cool. I knew there would be a sound unit. I cannot wait. I was just thinking what in world can I get next to build and run.

Cory

You all know whos the man now!!!! I´d say, give him a lifetime free membership here on TC. This is the motherload of all releases, and all the talk of Tamiya never ever releasing another 3speed truck again...

I´m getting one...yeah, that sounds/feels good...

But i think it´s going to be an expensive mama!

Man i´m excited here!!! It´s a very good looking truck actually. But price should be in the Mammoth Dump Truck range i guess. And thats not good. But it´s not stopping me.

Thinking of all the 3speed release threads i´ve gone through since i came back to the hobby... And now were finally there. Ok it´s not all metal like the old ones, but this should be a better performing truck anyway.

Forgot to add that ofcource cant this new 3speeder compare to the great unveiling Tamiya did in France with the B1 bis, but anyway...

Man i´m excited here!!! It´s a very good looking truck actually. But price should be in the Mammoth Dump Truck range i guess. And thats not good. But it´s not stopping me.

Thinking of all the 3speed release threads i´ve gone through since i came back to the hobby... And now were finally there. Ok it´s not all metal like the old ones, but this should be a better performing truck anyway.

Forgot to add that ofcource cant this new 3speeder compare to the great unveiling Tamiya did in France with the B1 bis, but anyway...

The B1 is a big thing in modeling don't knock it. and the Hi Lift was not announced in Paris, it's a Shizouka Hobby Show release

I will be more than glad to say I am sorry to SNAKE! You have to admit with all the hipe and rumors, and that picture not being the best. But hey, good news for sure! [;)]

You know the pric eis going to be up there with the 1/14 rigs and Mamouth Dump Truck..........so start saving those pennies! [:o]

I know the Hi Lift wasnt announced in Paris, and why should i knock the B1 bis, i´m getting one to sit next to my Hi Lift, lol!!!

Nice truck! I'm excited! And I love to see that Tamiya did a good decision of NOT re-releasing the Bruiser/Mounty/Hilux/Blazer in its original form, so the collectors won't have a dramatic drop in value of their models.

Oh man, I'm so f****** happy. I swear I'm gonna buy at least 5 of those

[:D]

not  unless I buy 5 before you do with my citibank credit limit with of 50k.....ha ha ha ha...

Lets get a pool going for the price of the truck.

I'm going to start and say it will be about $379.99

Well it appears that I will be saving for another tamiya lol. Well done snake for this scope you've done better than most of the motor industry professionals lol. I wait now with eager anticipation over its release date.

Sorry to Snake thinking that it was a joke.  Little disappointed the new truck is not a Hilux. Other than that, I  am very excited and already reserved a 3 channel radio system for it.

But on the other hand, it is a message from Tamiya that we will never see the Bruiser being re-release ? Is it a response to us that Tamiya is moving forward and lets forget about the Bruiser.

Yeah, it's certainly a different (nice) looking beast alright.....  I'm a little curious as to how all the plastic parts will handle the 'rough terrain running', but I suppose the XC series 4x4's have been doing it in the past.....(albeit with some 'clicky' gearbox issues...)

Tyres look pretty decent. Wonder what else they'll fit. Hope Tamiya releases heaps of spares too.

What type of 3-speed gearbox is it exactly..? I can't really tell from the dark-ish photos.

As for the release price - - I don't care what anyone says - - even at $300+ they will sell like hot cakes..... ( I know for a fact there'll be a least two of them coming to Australia....[;)]

All eyes on Ebay...!!

Rod.

SUPERB!!!

Well, guess what the money I raised selling things at Kidderminster will be going on.

Now I just have to wait for a pre-order to be available from Time Tunnel!

btw does anyone have any idea as to what kinda power I can put through the 3 speed gear box? as it might be the drive train solution to my custom T3 pajero project. cheers Ryck

Right...

* Puts on bulletproof vest *

I Don't Like It.

It IS NOT A 3 SPEED RE-RE.

I think it looks hideous, it's plastic, TLT Shocks For Christs Sake.

Thats just IMHO of course, i'd rather buy a MB 1850L and convert it to Dakar Use.

Mike

Rule for life chap; You can't please all of the people all of the time, but at least try

It's a new 3 speed, it's a truck instead of a rig, it has a hard body.

I think the re-re discussion will go on forever - there's pros and cons to re-hashing the old stuff, with all it's old-school imperfections.

As for the shocks, they're actually originally from the Juggernaut, it's just that the TLT used them last.

The truck already has leaf springs, so the shocks are as much for damping as anything else I  would guess - What do you want, 6 inch Savage shocks?

I think until the body comes off and the innards are exposed, there's not a lot that can be criticized.

I'm off to buy J a flashgun [;)]