Sign in to follow this  
Snake Plissken

The New Bruiser

Technical, those were EXALCLY my toughts when i saw his home location,

Nothing against them btw.. before they pay me a visit :D

To bad he is not around at the moment.. maybe on a away mission?

A bit more intel about aim price and release date (pre order... anyone??) would be more then welcome.

Stefan

Sorry do disappoint you guys, I have no affiliation with the mossad (But if I did do you think I would come forward?... ;)  ). The thing is I went on a trip abroad a couple of hours after my last post and been travelling since without being able to access the internet until now (again, my trip has nothing to do do with the mossad, honest...), so thats why I won't be around for a while...

Snake

PS

Stefan, you can expect a visit tonight from some very mean looking guys... ;)

Lol ... Again ????? [:D] a well.. i'll better make some more coffee then, they must be thisty from the trip.

I am most certain you would tell... been to Iran again hé? Never mind, everybody has to make a living to pay the bill's.

Stefan

Hmmmmm.......With all thats been said and written......

I have a feeling that this truck is gonna cause a lot of like/love/hate feelings.  I like the idea and will defenitely get me at least 2.  I like the truck so far (can only get better nearer to the release date). 

BUT I have a feeling Im gonna hate it at a stage - mainly due to financial reasons. 

I can already think of a good many projects, custom ideas that can be (have to be) done with this and some 1:14 rig spares etc etc.  And as usual I will have to do them - so With the release of this truck I may stare financial ruin, very little sleep etc in the face.[:)]

Jakes

anyone think the hi lift got removed from the website becuase tamiya dont have the licence for the ford name on the body?

likw what they did with the clod back in the 80's.

the new pumpkin hasn't got any ford badges on the shell or the box either, hmmmm??[:|]

Well recording to people on other boards it's Tamiya Japan that has

stopped the article on Tamiya US.

It's not realese date yet.

Hi Wild Trial. What other boards are you visiting for that info?  Jim

Sounds to me like Tamiya have got there dates wrong lol. going microsoft in there manner now lol, Still it could just be that the shots were never ment for us to see and were meant for internall use like on the first details shown, which listed numbers in cartons etc etc. just a thought Ryck

Cheese and Rice!!!!!!!!!!I knew I should have taken some screen shots when I had the chance.

Thank goodness Snake gave us a heads up on his state of life- I had pictures of a basement with ole snake hanging from finger clamps, and electrical connections attached to certain parts of his, well, ahem, anatomy- "Really, I didnt think it would hurt anything, I swear, Ill never do it again!!!!!!!!!"

Good to hear your alive and well Snake. A round of applause from me to you for the scoop of the decade.

WG

Hi Wild Trial. What other boards are you visiting for that info?  Jim

Hi

Well it's all over the internett,,,,,,but RCMT and scale4x4 are hot places to go.

RCMT has even a new forum about that truck whereJAnderson post.

To be honest I was VERY surprised to see the car appear in such an

obviously early state of development. It is very unlike Tamiya to

publish pictures of even prototypes unless they are perfect!

Perhaps Tamiya USA pulled the pin a little early?

Cheers

Darryn

To be honest I was VERY surprised to see the car appear in such an obviously early state of development. It is very unlike Tamiya to publish pictures of even prototypes unless they are perfect!

Perhaps Tamiya USA pulled the pin a little early?

Cheers

Darryn

Seems they shot early on a couple - The Sand Viper and the Lexus pages are both gone too - 58374 and 5 I think

I'm not sure where I had seen it posted before, but apparently TamiyaUSA wasn't supposed to put those new vehicles up on their website until after their debut at the Shizuoka hobby show. 

The release date I keep seeing is for the end of this July & price estimates are around $350-$399.  I don't know if that's supposed to be the MSRP or the street price.  I'm not sure if that release date is for the USA or everywhere, but the price seens about right as a street price in comparison to prices for the semi-trucks. 

In the end, I really don't care about all of that as long as I can get one when they start selling them.  [:D]

Ah Well, mess up on Tamiya USA's part i think.

Is anyone going to the Release?

Mike

Mess up , maybe.. or some very clever marketing.

Think about it, "we" going to talk about the mistery F350 / generation II 3 speed until it goes official.

But until then, we going to drag this & talk about it (and create a hype for it) until they start selling it.

This may be a error, but there not stupid, how on earth can you "mistakenly" announce serveral models. I am quite shur that any changes to the site is not a job for one person.

You need the guy that brings the info, the translater/press guy, the it-guy and maybe some more to put something on a website "as big as tamiyausa" .

Might be far-sought, but.. i think there just way more clever then that.

Stefan

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58360'>

Maybe it's time for the people who manage their website to get their act together....

You're on to something there, H..

I 've had the pleasure of briefly speaking with their 'Stateside on-line design

guy before- (don't ask, long story)  Believe me -- They're a very long way from mastering effective web based commerce -or promotion for that matter!!

Several possibilities....

1) someone within the organization made the mistake of releasing the pictures before approval or miscommunicate somewhere.

2) company wants to find out the interest of this new 3spd. based on # of hits on their website and TC

3) read up on TC members' comments, Tamiya may not want to have the same results as the old Juggeraunt, which I don't think it did well...detail wise not good enough, performance wise not good enough, which end up pleasing no one.

Lets hope the final version will bring the "majic & buzz" back for Tamiya.

Well looks like Tamiya Japan have finally released some info.

http://tamiya.com/japan/hobbyshow/index.htm

??????? ?????

¦

1/10?? ???????

¦

1/10?? ????F350?????????

¦

1/10?? ???COPPERMIX ????(TT-01)????

¦

1/10?? Mobil1 SC(TA05)

¦

1/10?? TB????????5(????????)

¦

1/10XB ???R34 GT-R Z????

Oh, yeah! that says Ford 350 High Lift [Tentative name]

I have decided that I want to go to that show, the missus calls me crazy, but I wanna go!

I dont know , but we need to step it up if we are going to hit the 20 plus page mark !!! [:P] lol