Sign in to follow this  
steviedee

how did you decide on your screen name?>

hi all, just wondering how you all came by your usernames, whether its  a nickname which you had for ages, like me or if its a special relavance or just what you thought at the time, plus i'm being nosey ;o)

apologises if its been asked before [:D]

yeah I couldn't be bothered to think too hard about my login name either [:$]

The SHO part of my name came from when I had a Ford Taurus SHO.  The dog part came from the rapper short dog.  I thought Shodog would be catchy

I got my screen name from a nickname I picked up several years ago. I had purchased a new Hugger orange Camaro SS that I named Huggie and soon enough, the guys at work named me Huggiebob! Corny, but non offensive,  I use it on eBay also.

Bob

Used to play the drums (still do ) and was a bit mad so got christened Animal (after the character in the Muppets) by all my mates, and the wife for some reason!  First name is Richard, So.... Richard the animal became.......richytanimal[:D]

Nickname as a child, little duke, pop was big duke.  Just recently it was upgraded to Big Duke.  The 6 pays homage to Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore's call sign in Apocalypse Now.

Regards, BD6

My TC name comes from my strong interest in Live Steam Coal Fired Locomotives, both 1:1 and in 3 1/2 and 5 inch gauge, I go to my local club (some miles away at Prescot, I cycle there on a push bike!) on Sunday afternoons to see the loco's run on nice days.

This will give you the idea of what I mean ;-

http://www.prescotmes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...of_Track_3.html

Our model loco's are all REAL COAL fired (NOT electric) and are Live Steam. They are built from scrap and by following plans, NOT KITS. The complete reverse of this hobby LOL.

The full size looks like this ;-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:LMS_Iva...ley_Railway.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severn_Valley_Railway

Cheers,

Alistair G.

I was Modelmaniac before Tamiya.[;)]

It comes from my second hobby, which is collecting action figures, (movie,video game,music etc)

Got around 100s i guess, but spent £1000s!!![:o]

(all those NIB 3 speeds i could have bought!!!!!!!)[:(]

Modelmaniac[6]

hmmmm,

"eek" was a long, careful, scientific process....I forgot.

Kee

Well here goes:

My first real RC was a Tamiya.  I left the hobby for several years.  When I returned, I remembered that it began with Tamiya.  My roots began with Tamiya !  I came back to my roots.  So that is how I got the username backtomyroots  [Y].  Not bad huh ?!

Not sure. I think I ended up using this to sign up for eBay after all

my attempts at something I wanted failed. Now I use it for pretty much

everything I have to sign up for!

Just used my eBay ID - which needed be something unique, but I didn't want a load of numbers after it...

My screen name used to be grasshopperpete as i was trying to restore a grasshopper when i joined tc but then i went more on to monster trucks and looked at my lunchbox and saw the bigwheels sign on the side well bigwheels was taken on ebay so i thought bigwheels_inc so i could match my ebay and tc screen names up just makes things easier

Pete

Bluefoot wrote the following post at 05 May 2006 9:13 PM:

I'm blue and I'm only a foot high.

Like a smurf [;)] ?

Well the Tamiya part you can figure out! [;)]

As for the King, my wife is always teasing me saying "You better get it for the King" or something to that affect. And I am always happy with what my life has provided me and at the time I signed up, I had 40+ RC cars, so I felt Iwas living like a King until Isaw some of these huge collections some guys on here have, but that is my story of my screen name birth! [:D]

By the way......great topic you decided to start! And Mike T, I would have never guessed that was your name! [:P]

Ive used "Floyd" forever ( since the late 80's , its allways been my nic name ). And though I love the band Pink Floyd , its not where I got the nic from ( just in case anyone was wondering ) .

Like a smurf [;)] ?

No. I don't wear white trousers or a silly hat. Those guys talk funny too...[*-)]

They dont talk funny , they talk Smurfy [:D] lol .... ( Sorry , couldnt help myself on that one )

Its one of my other pastimes, which I enjoy so much that I named my Death Metal band after it.

Rajicon ????? is japanese for radio-controlled. There are two ways of saying it. The other is Radicon ?????.

The japanese word for radio is rajio ????.  Therefore this seems

the most common. All my Japanese friends say 'rajicon' and one of the

biggest stores in Japan use this too.

Ive used "Floyd" forever ( since the late 80's , its allways been my nic name ). And though I love the band Pink Floyd , its not where I got the nic from ( just in case anyone was wondering ) .

Keith Floyd perhaps?  Always RC-ing with a glass in your hand?

Keith Floyd perhaps?  Always RC-ing with a glass in your hand?

[:D] lol ... Though that sounds like it could be fun ( Can you get arested for drunk driving an RC ??? ) thats not it either . It all goes back to a very drunken ( Hmmm , seams to be a theam here ) future bother-in-law . One nite on our little "party" hill outside my parents house ( hidden by a bunch of trees ) my brother-in-law got on a kick about me looking like Floyd the barber from the Andy Giffith Show , and it has stuck with me ever since then . All my friends , my friends families , my friends families friends have all called me Floyd ever since that nite . Though , Im cool with the nic name , I still dont see where he got that I looked like Floyd the Barber [:D] lol .....