Sign in to follow this  
Not2Night(2)

Top ten most popular cars/kits??

If you go to the "cars" section in the main menu and then click on "user rides" page it has all the clubs cars listed on order of popularity.

The SS is the most popular!!..

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/cars_stats.asp

The top ten at this moment:

1. Sand Scorcher [138]

2. Toyota 4x4 Pickup Bruiser [78]

3. Rough Rider [69]

4. Monster Beetle [62]

5. Grasshopper I [61]

6. Wild Willy Willys M38 [56]

7. Ford F150 Ranger XLT [54]

8. Blackfoot [51]

9. Toyota Hi-lux 4x4 Pick Up [50]

10.Wild One / Clod Buster [48]

I am really surprised about the Monster Beetle though; I remember when I last checked it wasn't that high! Same goeas for the Wild One. I also remember the Holiday buggy was fairly high at that time, on place 5 or so. The Hilux was also around 4th. But the Sand Scorcher was by far always the most owned model here, with the Bruiser around 2nd to 4th place.

Gee, I am a statistics freak I guess...? [:)] LOL

I'm not really sure what these figures show other than 'What people have bothered to load into thier showrooms'

It certainly does not reflect

'What models do people most want'

or

'What were the best sellers at the time'

Chris

I think the queastion was the car most members own. I think this list gives a good idea of what is most popular to collect.

Hi!

I'm a little shocked that other cars were not mentioned!Extremely popular cars that were household names in the r/c world-the Hotshot,Hornet,frog(truly legendry!),the supershot!These cars were the cars that really popularised Tamiya r/c-I remember this time period as being filled with hobby stores that had tamiya's lined up in front desk shelves with little promo video's of all the cars shown with huge crowds gathering around-these cars were the best selling then as well as introducing some people to the earlier cars!Apart from the others in the list,I really like the topforce buggies as well as the mountaineer!I think the best looking Tamiya's are the bruiser and the monster beetle!I also think that the sand scorcher is great but overloved!!What about a 11-20 list?????

quote:
Originally posted by Supershot

Hi!

I'm a little shocked that other cars were not mentioned!Extremely popular cars that were household names in the r/c world-the Hotshot,Hornet,frog(truly legendry!),the supershot!These cars were the cars that really popularised Tamiya r/c-I remember this time period as being filled with hobby stores that had tamiya's lined up in front desk shelves with little promo video's of all the cars shown with huge crowds gathering around-these cars were the best selling then as well as introducing some people to the earlier cars!Apart from the others in the list,I really like the topforce buggies as well as the mountaineer!I think the best looking Tamiya's are the bruiser and the monster beetle!I also think that the sand scorcher is great but overloved!!What about a 11-20 list?????

id="quote">id="quote">

Link was above for the whole list, as Razer told you already. You need to put 11, 12, 13 in front of the car's names though. [;)]

I personally can think of at least 50 cars that should be in the top-ten, but that would be a rather tight fit... [xx(] The Hornet and Hotshot are 'popular' (or should I say: 'common seen on TC') too: if you check the list you will see they are 13th and 14th (after 3 cars that are 10th). The 959 has rose in numbers too: there are now 48 of them on TC, it shares it's 10th place with the Clod Buster and Wild One now. I would say one car doesn't make a lot of difference: the Blackfoot is currently 8th with 51 cars, and the HotShot 14th with 46 cars. A differene of only 5 cars (10%) is not a very big differenece, and as Chris said: it does not totally reflect what car is most popular. [:)]

I must say, Supershot, you asked for it now [:P]:

2. Bruiser [78]

4. Monster Beetle [62]

13.Hornet [47]

14.HotShot [46]

16.Frog [41]

20.Mountaineer [36] (soon to be 37, wink wink, nudge nudge... [:D] )

49.Top Force [19]

55.SuperShot [17]

80.Top Force Evolution [12]

What you think of these vehicles is you personal opinion - it does not really mean they should be in the top-10. If it makes you happy, your favorites, the MB and Bruiser are there though. Again, there are so many cars that should be in the top-10, but there is ONLY room for 10 (or 13, as ther is now: 3 cars on 10th place). I must say the Supershot is a bit disappointing though, but that goes for so many models.. [v]

It is all Not2Night's fault, he asked for a top-10 in stead of a top-50!!! [:(!] [:o)] LOL