MikeT

North West

Thurstaston is cool, great place for scale crawlers but is there easy access anywhere or will we have to carry our cars etc to the running site? Do prefer to be able to run from back of my car.

im pretty sure a few of us clumber crew would be interested in coming down, ive been to ainsdale before and really enjoyed it.

At Thurstaston you can drive around to the beach area and you can venture out to where the rocks are . Or you could go in the park area for grass running. i have tried to google earth it but i am in a rush to get out at the mo.

Do prefer to be able to run from back of my car.
A requirement for those of us who'll have a bootful ;) - wouldn't want to carry all of them an distance, which is why we love Ainsdale B)

It's the same distance for me than Ainsdale is, but Ainsdale is a lot more central for most.

A requirement for those of us who'll have a bootful :( - wouldn't want to carry all of them an distance, which is why we love Ainsdale :)

It's the same distance for me than Ainsdale is, but Ainsdale is a lot more central for most.

Change of plan, I am going to go to Ainsdale Beach I hope more of you can join me. Problem with Thurstaston is the access, as Terry said its ok if you have only 1 or 2 cars to take. But I will have to bring a few more, including a 1/5th, so come on lets have another great beach day.

But I will have to bring a few more, including a 1/5th,

So are we running a sweepstake on how many minutes before it's broke? :)

So just to check it's Saturday the 30th?

No Im an idiot and got dates mixed up I should get sleep before I post things like that. So to confirm what Terry put the date is 31st August 2008 and the venue is Ainsdale Beach

So are we running a sweepstake on how many minutes before it's broke?

Ah well I have a cunning plan, I will run the car I got from MadPete which is the RRCi review Shen Qi Hummer, its already had the bashing of its life for the review and survived so I reckon it should be ok.

Problem lies if my Cunning Plan turns into something Baldrick would have thought up.

Roll on the 31st, I want to challenge Terry for the Unofficial North West Nutters Long Jump Record. Now excuse me Im off to find a pair of wings (**** did I just type that.)

Ah well I have a cunning plan, I will run the car I got from MadPete which is the RRCi review Shen Qi Hummer, its already had the bashing of its life for the review and survived so I reckon it should be ok.
In that case I'll go for 10 minutes before something falls off! :blink:
Roll on the 31st, I want to challenge Terry for the Unofficial North West Nutters Long Jump Record.
Maybe I'd better put a fast motor in my truck this time then ;)

I'am back !! icon_e_biggrin.gif Ainsdale sounds good for the 31st, whats the standing record on the long jump ? can I use any power source ? any objections to solid fuel boosters ? icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

Grrnnghgh got to work on the 31st :P

Would you guys consider sunday the 7th sept ?

I for one would certainly consider it, the date isn't important to me. I would like to be able to build my re-re Frog that I received a few weeks ago from Stella Models in HK. So I would welcome some more time. I have some clear repro. decals coming so that I can have it looking just like the original LOL. And a spare shell incase I smash this one up...

Also I would like to be able to buy a cheap garden hose pipe and bring it along so that we can easily mark out a small-to-medium sized track just like used to happen on Sundays when we used to race at the club in Earlestown, Newton-Le-Willows, St.Helens, back in the early 1990's. I feel that a LITTLE bit of a competitive element IMMENSLEY adds to the fun when running them B):):D . Goodness I would love to do that again. Been so long since I "raced" them and the fun racing at Kidderminster in 2007 really made my day. I wonder how long the hose reel would have to be? The great advantage of this idea is that a) your tyres stay unworn because it is on sand, and 2) you can't collide with a "wall" of the track since you just bounce gently over the hose pipe!

Plans also in the pipe line LOL include getting an Optima and Gallop MK2 going. The vintage videos for them make me wanna run them on sand...! I have the former (needs work) but only got the manual for the latter (coming in the post).

Cheers guys.

Alistair G.

its ok if you have only 1 or 2 cars to take. But I will have to bring a few more

You shouldn't break so many then B)

I should be there, don't know what with I've barely touched any since Beacon Fell. Does this mean I've got a deadline for finishing the Land-Rover :):P

Ok chaps dont forget the meet on Sunday at Ainsdale, I have booked the weather so ignore anything the forecasters say to you. They are only telling you the worst it could be and not what it will be. I aim to be there for 10am ish, looking forward to seeing you all there.

I intend to pop down as well with my new custom built truck, sometime around 1/2 ish

Sorry I could not be there lads but the wfe to b,s family had a summer camp over night do thing and I had to attend that.

I did get chance to nip down to new brighton tonight with my dad and a few boats tho.

Will post pics later.

Shame you couldnt make it, turned out a good fun day, if a little damp (like my durga and clod :wub: ), was good to see Terry SC Matthew, Keven, and a new nutter who has joined the ranks Ade the Blade.

Pics can be found here..

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...9380&id=280

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...9381&id=280

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...9382&id=280

Ditto, I was gutted as I didnt even get to race my truck that I made especially :)

A combination of Kiddie Karts, lost garage keys and torrential rain put paid to my plans

torrential rain put paid to my plans
Discovered it had been raining hard all day when I got back - we only had short spells of light rain all day. :unsure:

Warrington had been heaving it down all day too, looks like the driest place was around us (again, maybe my sun dance wasnt as far off as I thought)

On a plus note my brushless system has survived unscathed and is working pefectly, yesterday I brushed the rice off and tried it, worked with a stutter so i covered it up again and tried it again today... absolutely perfect. Shame I cant say same for reciever. Not tested the Clod yet but I predict its fine.

no no one out there at all. just me on this site from the north west . oh well