MikeT

North West

Great meet guys ! A great turnout, thanks to everyone who showed up. And cake !!!! MMmmmm

I'am thinking Wigan three sisters again ?? Once I fix my falcon of course :)

What a role reversal. Biggus goes home with all his cars in one piece and I broke virtually everything ;) !!!! Well done rich :lol:

great bash, it was worth going just to see biggus' face when the cake came round on blakeatrons 3speed, ;):) thanks to all who came including the park ranger, my finger ends are just starting to thaw out. Took three cars, I've got two to fix and one that just would not run, gotta get them cleaned, have to do it in the shower the hosepipe is at my father-in-laws' :P:D . Thanks to Jim for doing a cracking job with the video camera :lol:

Thanks sarge for the lift otherwise I would not have made it ;)

Top day and again happy birthday Biggus love that cake and the look on your face only just warmed up still think that may be the roast dinner or the red wine

I am also in North West (saddleworth) near Oldham, unfortunately due to work (and Kyosho) i dont get out much lol

Hi Guys,

Went to Beaky Fell on Sunday with my girlfriend and took her son to see "if we'd get on" :)

We got on very well (don't know if it was Mario Karts on the DS or letting him drive the F350) but we had a great time :D

Unfortunately we missed the meet. :( Got to BF just after 2pm and all the carparks were chocker.

Had a good run out at Brock Bottoms though :D

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread in future and join you guys next time.

BTW Happy birthday Biggus.

Grizy

Hi Guys,

Went to Beaky Fell on Sunday with my girlfriend and took her son to see "if we'd get on" ;)

We got on very well (don't know if it was Mario Karts on the DS or letting him drive the F350) but we had a great time :lol:

Unfortunately we missed the meet. :( Got to BF just after 2pm and all the carparks were chocker.

Had a good run out at Brock Bottoms though :)

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread in future and join you guys next time.

BTW Happy birthday Biggus.

Grizy

Sorry you missed the meet :( , it turned out to be a great day and a great turn out. We post meets and events on here and on the northwestnutters website:

Northwestnutters website

to navigate just hover over stuff, some buttons have a discription as to what they are, some don't, so take a look. :rolleyes: We also have a northwestnutters forum for all kinds of chat so that this forum does not get clogged with too many different threads. :D

cheers

lammac

good meet guys, theme for the day? who's on yellow??!! i have some video footage to sort out but some of its not great unfortunately, i will however sort something this weekend if i can drag my geeky butt away from World of Warcraft long enough... B) cheers guys see you at the next one

Hi Chaps

Just to let you know that the company who run the nwn forum has been hacked so the forum is offline at the moment. It has been suggested by the company that if you use the same username and password in the forum that you do elsewhere to change the password as a safety measure.

here is the link to the statement given by the forum company.

http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29973

sorry for any trouble but there is nothing we can do at the moment.

we will keep you informed of any developements.

I know that we like to keep this forum topic open for meets and events but I thought you better know of this new developement as your security could be at risk, and you may not have looked under related sites

lammac

Hi chaps

The nwn forum is now back online and fully functional, however, I will stress that you should change your password to the forum if you use it elsewhere with the same username for security reasons

cheers

lammac

My daughter has a gymnastics comp that day. It finnishes at 12 so I could come down after then.

Just spoke to wife and we are going to have a run over w permitting, what time will you guys be getting there. just woundered if you guys where planning a wrexham meet again, really enjoyed the last one.

Just spoke to wife and we are going to have a run over w permitting, what time will you guys be getting there. just woundered if you guys where planning a wrexham meet again, really enjoyed the last one.

Time, somewhere around 12ish seems a plan and weather is booked.

Wrexham will be a no go as the club at that site is gone.. they couldnt afford the rent. So unless we can find out who owns the site and whether the tracks still there I guess we need to find another on road venue.

Time, somewhere around 12ish seems a plan and weather is booked.

Wrexham will be a no go as the club at that site is gone.. they couldnt afford the rent. So unless we can find out who owns the site and whether the tracks still there I guess we need to find another on road venue.

Yes please, gotta have just a *little* fun competitive element!! :)

Just IMHO.

ARG.

Yes please, gotta have just a *little* fun competitive element!! :)

Just IMHO.

ARG.

LSM as I said last time none of us seem to want the constraints of a course I personally wouldnt mind if you want to come along and set something up. The main problem is its a public area and I can forsee problems if something semi permanent (i.e. for the day) is set up. It is then organised and as such we would need to contact the council and sort out approval and insurance etc etc.. a few mates arriving at the beach for a bit of fun is ok. Clumber lads used to set out hoses in shape of a track but the few times i have been I have not seen people race on it just used it to navigate towards the jump. I race once a week on a set out track I love the generalised chaos of the nutters meet it wouldnt be a nutters meet if it was organised.. the only reason the track was used at Wrexham was because we were asked NOT to go over grass. The nutters have been meeting for quite a few years now and we have never felt the need for a track (one meet on a beach had flags set out in a track and they just got driven over. And that as you would say is IMHO.

There are some clubs around if you want to race, we are planning to have a lunchbox race organised at the Wirral Model Car Club, why not come to that?

The flag comment made me think.. We could put them towards the jumps, may help a few you hit them :P

LSM as I said last time none of us seem to want the constraints of a course I personally wouldnt mind if you want to come along and set something up. The main problem is its a public area and I can forsee problems if something semi permanent (i.e. for the day) is set up. It is then organised and as such we would need to contact the council and sort out approval and insurance etc etc.. a few mates arriving at the beach for a bit of fun is ok. Clumber lads used to set out hoses in shape of a track but the few times i have been I have not seen people race on it just used it to navigate towards the jump. I race once a week on a set out track I love the generalised chaos of the nutters meet it wouldnt be a nutters meet if it was organised.. the only reason the track was used at Wrexham was because we were asked NOT to go over grass. The nutters have been meeting for quite a few years now and we have never felt the need for a track (one meet on a beach had flags set out in a track and they just got driven over. And that as you would say is IMHO.

There are some clubs around if you want to race, we are planning to have a lunchbox race organised at the Wirral Model Car Club, why not come to that?

The flag comment made me think.. We could put them towards the jumps, may help a few you hit them :P

Sorry but I am of the complete opposite opinion. An unorganised meeting with no fun racing lacks a certain satisfaction for me. I seem to be alone in this opinion amongst North West England's vintage buggy enthusiasts? :):o:P

No offense meant Rich.

> we are planning to have a lunchbox race organised at the Wirral Model Car Club

Now that is more like it LOL.

I bought a Lunch Box just last year so I could well be tempted if this is worked out.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

post-6936-1234920611.jpg

Sorry but I am of the complete opposite opinion. An unorganised meeting with no fun racing lacks a certain satisfaction for me. I seem to be alone in this opinion amongst North West England's vintage buggy enthusiasts? :):P:P

No offense meant Rich.

> we are planning to have a lunchbox race organised at the Wirral Model Car Club

I bought a Lunch Box just last year so I could well be tempted if this is worked out.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Sounds like the perfect excuse to get it built then.

Anyhow back to the topic, who is up for a meet on Sunday at New Brighton..

I'm out. Said I'd be meeting up at Cowm Quarry for some crawling on the saturday.

Sorry but I am of the complete opposite opinion. An unorganised meeting with no fun racing lacks a certain satisfaction for me. I seem to be alone in this opinion amongst North West England's vintage buggy enthusiasts?
If you want to race find a club, I know if I wanted I could race 6 days a week around here. Currently racing my RC10 and Ultima at my club every week, but the point of NWN meets is that they are bashes which is why you find Losi Micros all the way up to HPI Bajas there. Usually most time is spent throwing buggies and trucks over jumps or running scale stuff, just look at the SIG http://www.tamiyaclub.com/sig_member.asp?id=51 or standing round chatting, rather than anything organised.

If you want to try and organise some racing go ahead and see if anyone joins in. As was said we had a course laid out at one met, lasted about 2 minutes before we went back to high speed runs across the sand and jumping.

Sorry but I am of the complete opposite opinion. An unorganised meeting with no fun racing lacks a certain satisfaction for me. I seem to be alone in this opinion amongst North West England's vintage buggy enthusiasts? :lol::o:)

No offense meant Rich.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

LSM this is not actually the case. I know a few of the nutters that do like to race vintage tamiya. However, the nutters meets are just that, nuts, that is the point of the nutters, we get together with the cars and go nuts. As biggus said by all means come along to a nutters bash and organise a race track yourself, but you will need to get in touch with the local council first for permission to run an organised event then you will have to provide overall insurance for it.

Cheers

Lammac

P.S. can we please keep this forum free for meets and events only and use the NWN forum for anything else

thanks

P.P.S. Sorry Biggus, cant make this bash :(

Who's up for a scale trail meet at Thurstaston Common on Saturday. Basically take your highlift, XC, CR01, Axial scaler, scratch built scale truck etc for a trail, I have run there and its a good place to test out your truck.