MikeT

North West

Terry is manchester way he must know somewhere.

Any big public parks around manchester ?

Not much suitable I know of around Manchester, most of the place has been built on or converted into golf courses. A few good spots but weekends are full of kids messing around so that counts out any public parks unless the weathers rubbish.

Pictures from my recce at Three Sisters http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...7570&id=297 Lots of flat areas, plenty of piles of rubble, but could do with being nearer Yorkshire.

I found this old quarry after a quick poke around the area. I'm working just a few miles away from there on Monday so I'll pop up and see if there's access to the site if Oldham isn't too far from the Wirral.

Whats the parking like ?
God knows, I just found it on multimap this afternoon. :)

If you browse over the area in Birds Eye view there looks like plenty of space to park in the middle, just got to go up there and find out whether there's any access to the site or it's private.

God knows, I just found it on multimap this afternoon. :)

If you browse over the area in Birds Eye view there looks like plenty of space to park in the middle, just got to go up there and find out whether there's any access to the site or it's private.

Well if we can get on it looks like a great place for the scale trucks, should be loads of different terrain.

With nothing to do after F1 qualifying this morning I went up and had a look.

Area looks good, sandy surface with various rocks around and it's obviously been used by bikes but there's a gate across the entrance with just enough space on the road to park a couple of cars. Then there's a long steep climb up to it.

I'll see if I can find somewhere better, or there's always still three sisters.

Ok 11th April looks to be at Beacon Fell, scale trialers and a few vintage cars. Whos up for it?

Me, neil and roop will be there :lol:

I'll be there ! bringing the f350, pajero and a couple of others mainly for better pics ! ;)

Yep, as Sarge says I will be there, hopefully with my Hi-Lift. Have to make sure I can get it through the baggage scanners at the airport...!

Security : "Can you tell me what's in your bag...?"

Me : "Yes, an r/c truck"

Security : "What else...?"

Me : "Umm, the controller and, umm, that's it"

Security : "That's it...???!!!"

Me : "Yep"

Security : "Where are you flying to...?"

Me : "The UK"

Security : "What for...?"

Me : "To go play with my toy truck"

Security : "Get outta here, stop wasting my time...!"

Yep, as Sarge says I will be there, hopefully with my Hi-Lift. Have to make sure I can get it through the baggage scanners at the airport...!

Security : "Can you tell me what's in your bag...?"

Me : "Yes, an r/c truck"

Security : "What else...?"

Me : "Umm, the controller and, umm, that's it"

Security : "That's it...???!!!"

Me : "Yep"

Security : "Where are you flying to...?"

Me : "The UK"

Security : "What for...?"

Me : "To go play with my toy truck"

Security : "Get outta here, stop wasting my time...!"

lol.

Reminds me of last year when i went to Canada and crossed the border into the USA for a day sledging on the slopes of Mt Baker in Washington.

Security: "Where are you going?"

Me: "Sledging on Mt Baker"

Security: "Excuse me?"

Me: "Sledging on Mt Baker"

Security: "Sorry I can't understand you" (obviously he didn't understand Yorkshire accents)

Me: "We're going to play in the snow on Mt Baker"

Security: "Oh. Where are you from?"

Me: "England"

Security: "How long will you be staying in the USA?"

Me: "About 4 hours"

Security: (Now looking confused) "What? You've come all the way from England to go sledging on Mt Baker for 4 hours?"

Me: "No. We're staying with relatives in Canada and have come for a day out."

Security: "Oh, I see. Have a nice day."

Me: "Ta-ra."

I love it Martin . That had me and the wife to be in stiches.

Beacky fell good choice will be there with the hilux and trail trailer that needs some old hilux / 350 tyres to finnish anyone got any need them asap thanks .

Ok guys so If we are all agreed on Beaky I will contact the ranger office to let them know we are coming. All those in favor say "I" ;)

Ok Guys

Next meet is Easter saturday 11th april so here's some upto date directions too beaky. More the merrier !

Google Maps link. Zoom out for directions from motorway!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=e...mp;t=h&z=15

Coming from north or south, Come off at M6 junction 32, You will come to a large roundabout. Take the 3rd exit (GARSTANG RD) to the north upto the broughton village cross roads. You will be at a set of traffic lights having just passed a filling station (kinders) and a model shop (speedy models) on your right hand side. Turn right (WHITTINGHAM LN B5269 ) and drive about 2 miles, you will go under a motorway bridge. Less than 1/4 of a mile past the bridge is a left turn (LONGLEY LN) and possibly a Beacon fell sign ? This takes you onto the back roads. Follow the main route, don't turn off unless you see the signs for the Beacon fell country park. Then just keep following the signs and don't talk to any strange sheep or cows wink.gif If you look at the 1st image it shows the back lane run from the end of longley lane to beaky (print this off and take it with you) The lane name signs may not be there in reality so be warned. Please don't attempt to follow the red line literally unless you have a good off roader wink.gif . If you get lost ring me on 07790 107950 I'll come and get you, then point and laugh biggrin.gif (only kidding)When you get to the fell (more a big hill covered in tree's) there is a one way system in operation that goes clockwise. Just follow this round untill you see the Tamiya/NWN logo sign it's an easy turning to miss hidden under trees. The other car parks are quite open. I will make a logo sign for the carpark entrance.

See you there !!

Sarge

A strange request but if anyone whos coming to the meet has a police car/truck could you bring it with you i'll explain on the day ! :blink:

is this any good RC police (body and flasher off biggusditchus)

th_03042009065.jpg

Andy

is this any good RC police (body and flasher off biggusditchus)

th_03042009065.jpg

Andy

Thats just what i was looking for ! will you be bringing it ? :rolleyes:

ok will do i put it on cc-01 just for the 11th. iv had the shell for ages it's going on my stamped at some time

Andy