MikeT

North West

Might meet you down there Biggus, my brother lives in Wrexham so might pop-in on the way home after a visit.

Sorry wasnt clear on this didnt necessarily mean at Wrexham. Just a North West Nutters meet, location to be decided. (probably not Wrexham for this, we prefer sites where we can park on the site)

Had a good thrash out at Delamere yesterday with Quincey and his bro Steve. My missus and daughter came to play with us too, which is a first ;)

And the other week up at Minera with Biggus and James was good too.

So, (and this is encouragement, not criticism) where is everybody else?

If you've got some cars, and some free time, let's get together!

Spring has sprung, the grass is ris.

I wonder where dem bashers is! ;)

Please check out the recently relaunched Northwest Nutters forum too at

nwnrc.invisionplus.net to say hello and see what's going on.

Martyn

Northwest Nutters are having a meet up Moel Famau near Mold/Ruthin TOMORROW Sunday 28th March.

We're meeting from about 10:30 onwards. Anyone's welcome, check the thread on Northwest Nutters for more info

Northwest Nutters are having a meet up Moel Famau near Mold/Ruthin TOMORROW Sunday 28th March.

We're meeting from about 10:30 onwards. Anyone's welcome, check the thread on Northwest Nutters for more info

just no nitro's or petrol cars as it patrolled by rangers and we dont want banning again!

I couldn`t make this meeting because it was a clash with the first round of our Nationals at NDOR,sorry.

Hope you all had a great time,any pics?

:wub:

Don't want to sound a plum but will my King Blackfoot be up to snuff? Just been rebuilt with Tamiya black can and Ansmann ESC (Mtroniks/Modelsport clone?). I'd like to meet up and stretch it's legs.

4473289055_cee68aaeaa.jpg

4473289765_21344c5241.jpg

4474067896_34fe626019.jpg

I've not yet embraced brushless or 2.4 technology, keeping it old skool ;)

Fella, we are all about having fun, it doesn't matter how good, how rough etc a car is, whether its vintage or new, tamiya or nikko. Come to the next meet always nice to see new faces.

Nice looking blackfoot by the way.

Sound, I'll keep an eye out for meets, I'll also subscribe to NWN site also. Trouble is, now the weathers turning, I tend to play golf early most Sundays ;) , I'll sort something though.

2 months since the last reply to this thread, what's happened aren't there any NW meets anymore?

Matthew

I would be interested i am getting a bit bored running on my own latley.

Has gone quiet again hasn't it?

How about a beach meet next weekend (13th June) at Talacre, North Wales? Short notice, but if you're free and bored...

So far it's Quincey and me, so any others are more than welcome.

There are hopefully going to be meets this weekend coming and the next, albeit both in North Wales. It's easy to get to both though. Details on the Northwest Nutters forum

I for one would be happy to see a few more faces so if you can, please come along...

Martyn

Hi Everyone

As some of you will have notice, we have a slight problem with this Forum, which began back at the begging of April.

I'm not going to go in to all the ins and outs of the problems, but lets put it this way, it is compromising the way that this Forum is operating, and basically even if we coughed up some cash to get a copy of the database (which to what I have found and understand this ain't going to work either) in order to migrate to another forum producer, we are left with the problem of setting up another forum.

Now then I've got one in the setting up process at the moment and this gives us even more control and add ons, and much more control, and as I understand it is more reliable than this one, plus I can down load database back-ups each week or when ever is convenient for when things go pear shaped.

Now I'm sure that your just as *miffed with this situation as I am, but this will mean everyone's got to move location AGAIN!! so this is what I'm proposing to make things easier for each of you is to do the following:

1. I'll set up everyone's account with a password al that you will have to do is sign in and change the password in your profile.

2. I'm going to attempt to copy some of the content from this one to the new one.

3. this is only (hopefully be a temporary stop gap because in the meantime Sgt.Barnes and I are in the process of trying to sort a fully working, and hosted on our own server, which we're hoping to transfer to. This will mean that there will be no more *messing about with other hosts and we can jump on any problems that arise.

Now before I do all this I need a bit of feed back from you all (or as many of you as possible) as to continue with the content transfer, because this is going to take time, were as if we leave the content behind and just transfer we can be back up and running very soon once I've tweaked one or two of the setting on this new one (sounds like I'm trying to get out of this - but hey this will save time).

Because of the problems and other problems (eg. Health and other commitments) this forum has become a monster for which I can no longer keep on a leash, and to be honest is going to implode on itself. This holding us up from keeping and getting the main site maintained and updated. There are new pages being produce but this is taking time and hopefully the end result will be well and truly worth the wait, as far as we know most of you have enjoyed the site so far, well hopefully soon the intend for it to be able to give you more to interact.

Each of you will receive a copy of this posting and I would very much appreciate it if you could get back to me as soon as possible.

If all goes well I'm hoping to have a new one sorted and hosted on our servers within the next month or so, that way hopefully we can be back on track.

All I ask is to reply to this posting with yes or no and if the majority say yes then I'll send out the link for the new one very soon after, this is hopefully only a stop gap but anything's got to be better than this bag of *tosh.

So bye for now and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused..

Admin

(* change to stronger words if you feel the need too)

p.s.: If you can not log in to the forum then please email me via northwestnuttersrc@googlemail.com, this has been specialy set up for this in particular.

Now before I do all this I need a bit of feed back from you all (or as many of you as possible) as to continue with the content transfer, because this is going to take time, were as if we leave the content behind and just transfer we can be back up and running very soon once I've tweaked one or two of the setting on this new one (sounds like I'm trying to get out of this - but hey this will save time).

Admin

(* change to stronger words if you feel the need too)

p.s.: If you can not log in to the forum then please email me via northwestnuttersrc@googlemail.com, this has been specialy set up for this in particular.

If you're going to transfer content then it only makes sense if it is to a permanent new home. How much of the content has longlasting value anyway, as opposed to just chatter?

I've sent an email to the above address anyway.

How about a beach meet next weekend (13th June) at Talacre, North Wales? Short notice, but if you're free and bored...

So far it's Quincey and me, so any others are more than welcome.

Martyn

Unfortunately I can't make next Sunday as I'm doing a road rally Saturday night so will most likely be asleep.

That's a shame, but there's always the Sunday after up at the lead mines in Minera, just outside Wrexham.

There's a good variety of areas suitable for any off-roaders and a purpose built crawler course. You can even run tourers in the car park.

I should be up there late morning, James (crawl_before_walking) says he'll be there 10.30-11ish too. But, as it's Father's Day too, I will be leaving early/mid-afternoon for a family meal. Check out the thread on NWN anyway.

Good luck with your road rally, fella.

Martyn

Anyone fancy putting on a show or turning up to show off some of your pride and joys at

HAMBLETON GALA.

The organisers have been intouch with us and asked if we'd like to take part here's some of the details:

The gala has plenty going on, we ran a motor areana a few years ago with great sucsess, we have now moved to the big field there will be a fun fair, fancy dress etc lots fo kids, as well as a gala procession.

I was also thinking you could run some cars in the procession if you wished we entering a few classic cars, its about 30mins walk.

You can have as much space as you like and I would recomend you bring a gazebo and tables etc for your models, your welcome to do as much promotion as you like I could also supply you with coned off area if you wish to demostrate your cars during the event I will need to know how much space. You could bring a few ramps etc. Just let me know and will sort it all for you.

As its the field there will be no power so you will need a generater if you need 240 v I will have one but will be powering DJ equipment.

There is a beer tent as well....

If you fancy a bash at this then please let me know asap then I can let them know, unfortunately I shall not be able to attend. But sounds like it could be fun and good bit of space to be had, not sure about the parade bit though - gonna need a good sized ampage battery to run for half an hour.

Any way let me know like say and then I can pass it on or if some one wants to take it on and arrange it directly let me know and I'll send the organisers email for you sort what you'll need as regards space etc.

Cheers

NWN

post-18143-1276987572_thumb.jpg

Its been a long time since ive had or even heard of a meet in the north west. Does anyone fancy one in the up coming weekends say new brighton thurstuston ect

I fancy an off road bash either in some woods or on a beach.

would anyone be interested ??

I would be interested in a meet at Fort Perch Rock again, would have to see when Im next off though.

Ok guys theres a meet at Fort Perch Rock Beach in New Brighton this Sunday (26th June) I know its late notice. There's a few of us already up for the meet please come down and join in...

Biggus Ditchus

Mad Mini

Dazza1

Jamie

Steman

Sorting my collection of runners for the day Buggy Champ, Sand Scorcher, Holiday Buggy, Pajero, Hotshot (probably as a camera car), Brat and Blackfootand maybe one modern car 2wd Slash

Erica will have her Desert Gator, Wild Willy, Losi Mini Desert Buggy, Tamtech Desert Gator and her Losi desert truck

We will be there from about 12ish

Sorry guys I have closed the NWN sig.