Sign in to follow this  
mcbrat

looking for any info/articles on the Subaru Brat that was used for the endurance test in Germany...

As far as I remember It was done around the lake "Bodensee" in 84, 280km, from the same guy who did 2 climbs on Alps with a Hilux in 82 and 83 http://www.tamiyaclub.com/article.asp?id=69 . You can find more about it in the german "Behringer" Tamiya catalogue from 84 as well in an issue of the german magazine AMT (dont remember which). How did you come to that photo?

Cheers

Hi Theo.

I think I may have communicated with you in the past about this.  I took that picture.  I purchased the Brat on eBay Germany some years ago.  I would have liked to see it, when it was fully outfitted.  it has working lights, tail lights, etc...  all wired in, but nothing is hooked up any more.  I would like to restore it to running order but I want to maintain it as original as I can...

The topper/cap over the bed is really neat, and has a painting of the lake, and town information I believe.

I will try to get some better/detailed photos of it...

thanks,

Mick

The photos in the magazine (catalogue doesnt have any AFAIK) are very small and only with body on, so won't help you [:(] Did you get the Hilux too?

Cheers

no, I did not get the Hilux.

is the magazine/catalog you speak of on this site?  I looked through everything, and didn't see it...

better late than never.... some better pics.....

green-brat-1.jpg

green-brat-2.jpg

green-brat-3.jpg

green-brat-4.jpg

green-brat-5.jpg

Still looking for more info if anyone has it available. I have searched for the catalogue mentioend above without luck....

Mick

I wondered what happend to that Brat, I remember bidding on that a good few years ago now. Didnt the guy provide some info in the auction ad ?? cant remember now.

Glad it's in good hands and good luck with the resto / info gathering..