Sign in to follow this  
chuch

monster beetle diff problem

the two big plastic gears in my monster beetle lost a few teeth, and are therefore just about dead. does anyone know whether the gears for the frog are the same for the monster beetle as i may be able to get frog parts fairly quick. cheers

The main gear is the same as the frog but the spur gear is from the Fast Attack Vehicle.  if you can't get one from a member here, They are easily found on ebay. 

Monster beetle gears and Frog gears are different, although they look almost the same, Monster beetle gears are light grey plastic and have a different number of teeth. Monster Beetle gears have "Blackfoot" written on them, Frog gears are white with "The Frog" written on them.

You can put all Frog gears in a Monster Beetle but can't mix and match them together due to the different number of teeth.

Also, although the Fast Attack Vehicle gear at the top of the photo and the Frog gear at the bottom both have 47 teeth, they have a different offset in the centre so I'm not sure if these would be interchangeable, has anyone tried a F.A.V gear in a Frog ?

getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img8929_11062006