Sign in to follow this  
akemag

The new Hi-Lift 3speeder

Well, why dont i start a new fresh thread here about the High-Lift.

I never thought i´d say this, but i might have to wait with buying the new 3speeder. I have my first child due for "release" LOL, on august 11th. And from what i hear, they can be quite hard on the wallet. We need just about every Hop-Up there is for this one, ( LOL, i crack my self up).

Anyway, moneys gonna be in shortage from now on, so we´ll just have to wait and see. But i´m gettting one SOME day, thats for sure.

Congratulations! Its not so much the hopups (they arrive very well equipped and almost RTR), but all the pit equipment you need!

LOL, yes you are right. They do come almost RTR which in this case is pretty good, but as you said, theres some pit equipment to buy! Guess i´m gonna have even less time for my cars after august, but i´m so looking forward to this limited release item [:D]

So, what was the build like?  Did it take a long time to put

together, and were all the necessary tools and instructions included,

or did you just have to work out for yourself where all the bits go..?

Did you build it on your own, or did it require the help of an assistant..?

Is the new F-350 going to be a limited release item?  I thought it will stay like the 1/14 big rigs. I would think Tamiya would put out several different model/body using the same chasis just like the XC or the current chasis.

My guess is a normal release they can build on to (more versions)

as this is a bit complex (me thinks)  just to make 10.000 of them and stop with it,

they proberly going to look at the sales to, if it is sold out (first batch) within a week or so, you bet they going to make some more B)

(there a compagny who needs to make money right)

But, this is just a guess of course!

Stefan

[:D] Well Mad Ax, construction was as usual quite lengthy [;)] and the tools performed well, as expected...I have had some prior experience, so no manual needed! And i managed to fix it by my self actually.

Tamiya1/10. The limited release item is my comming baby actually, but i´m looking forward to the Hi-Lift as well ofcource.

[:D] Well Mad Ax, construction was as

usual quite lengthy [;)] and the tools performed well, as

expected...I have had some prior experience, so no manual needed! And i

managed to fix it by my self actually.

I'm glad you got through the construction with no problems.

I tried to build one a few years back, but found it very difficult

without an instruction manual.  At first I thought there must be

something wrong with the tools supplied, but when I spoke to my Dad

(who apparently was into the same thing when he was younger) he told me

that it was just a matter of practice.  He gave me several

magazines which had some graphic construction diagrams - these helped a

lot.

Sadly I get to the bit where it says "using the help of an assistant" and fall flat on my face [:(]

Question, maybe I missed it but I'm wondering.  Is the transmission 3 different speeds ( Like the Semi's ) or is it more like the Bruiser where it has 2wd, 4wd, Hi, Lo etc ( I think that's right ).  Anyone have an idea or do we know yet.  I'm not terribly familiar with the tranny's of the bruiser or semi's.  Is it an all new tranny ? [:^)]

As far as the Multi Function Unit, I know those can be pricey, so can we anticipate the "poor mans" version of just a complete light kit ?

I also think I saw a photo or video where the push bar on the front is an entire bush guard or was that just a late night ?

Who else is actually going to buy one ?  I will get two for sure - but the suspense is starting to eat at me !

Tranny is plastic, similar but not same to the rigs (larger, higher and has 2 outputs for 4WD), afaik it will be full time 4WD. I personally don't think there will be also a low spec MFU (as there was never one also for the rigs) but am pretty sue lighting kit will be seperate and even if not, its not a big deal to make one on your own (a simple one though, no functional brake lights and indicators). In the old topic several members said they will buy one or more, lets see.

Cheers

Side topic again:  Got a baby due in October!  Our first.  No manual needed!  lol

Was going to get the new 3 speed (and said so in the last thread) but didn't plan ahead enough.  The equipment required to run a 1:1 baby Lemming is so expensive that I will have to make do with a crawler clod and a brushless jugg instead (well, that is 2 speeds covered).

The 3 speed used in Richytanimals rig works quite nicely, and if it is similar should be quite good (but 4wd all the time).

Cheers all

Steve

August 11th- that's my birthday!

Well, I will be getting one too.  Hopefully it's released before my second child comes in December.  Might be the last time I'm able to spend money on myself for a while.  [:D]

We all say that about when we have a child, and we won't be getting

anything for ourselves anymore, but....Let's just say that the wife and

I began construction on our release back in 2003, and all machinery

worked as planned, no manual needed.  There was just one thing, we

worked on one, and got two as a result!  AND...I still get a

chance to get a toy here and there!!!  One day the twins will reap

the benefits of a Daddy that stayed mentally young.

Tamiya1/10. The limited release item is my comming baby actually, but i´m looking forward to the Hi-Lift as well ofcource.

Dude or Father to be, congrats.  Good reason to tell wife you want to expose your new addition to RC.  And I agree with you your baby is a limited release and 1 of a kind, unless is twin.  Enjoy parenting, they grow up so fast.

Cheers

Thanks Glitch, Mad Ax, Tamiya1/10 and you all for your best whishes with my comming child!

And congrats to Lemming and RichieRich for their comming childs!

I hope we all can spare a few bucks here and there for our cars as well.

I reckon you all just had kids so you can share your RC addiction with someone who really appreciates it, who isn't an internet persona on the other side of the globe [;)]

[:D]

I was wondering what most people plan to use their trucks for? assuming of course you plan to use them rather than just to look beautiful on a shelf !

I don't really have an interest in it yet, as I can't really see where I would find a use for it, mind you my background is much more about racing. Maybe some ideas here might convince me, and others,. to try one out?!

Shelf Queen [:D] !  Also, I saw on a rc store website that they had it delayed till september !  If that is true, then I can save enough for a runner too !

First a shelf queen (ehm, about a hour or so), until i took some good pictures ;)

Then going to see what parts are usefull for a nice 1/14 rig conversion [6]

Might even give it a run or 2 before i take it to pieces again! ;)

More serieus, depends if i like the truck or not.. if i like it, i'll keep it as-is, if i don't like it.. More parts for trucks! :D

Stefan

Mine will be for running, no point having a freshly released kit as a shelf queen IMO, I like to admire the mechanics of it on the move! I'll probably be looking to replace the F350 shell with possibly a Clod one and also junking the leaf springs, hopefully it won't be too hard to get 4 links and coilovers under there. I may also go for a Graupner Speed 600 Eco for more torque plus of course full bearings.

I reckon you all just had kids so you can share your RC addiction with someone who really appreciates it, who isn't an internet persona on the other side of the globe [;)]

[:D]

That's the plan.  [;)]  Just don't tell my wife.  "Yeah, the children need to spend more time with their daddy, I think they both need new rc cars."

akemag - Thanks!  Best wishes to you too.

I was wondering what most people plan to use their trucks for? assuming of course you plan to use them rather than just to look beautiful on a shelf !

1st use: just opening the box and let my hands "dive through the parts" ... like Scrooge McDuck dives trough his money ...

2nd use: building it and realize how all the parts come together to a nice piece of work.

3rd use: running it ... but carefully!

not sure if there will be a 4th ot 5th use ... but never say never ...

Cheers

Martin

Also plan to use it as a nice scale speed and look crawler, like I use my XC till now (check my action photos and videos), actually this is the driving style I preffer and do the most. 2-3 modern packs, low turn motor any many hours climbing in the nature! [H] Mine will stay pretty stock, only if its too fast even on first gear it will get a truck puller motor, hope the leafs won't be too hard, otherwise will try to soften them, but that's all, don't want to change its original look.

Cheers