Sign in to follow this  
akemag

The new Hi-Lift 3speeder

I go for option number 3. I prefer driving in the woods too. It has some good effects like getting some fresh air, burning at least some calories and having fun.

OK, so its been mentioned that its only a few days till release.

Is this release date still the same. I havent seen any concrete confirmation as to the release date?

I'll likely use if for scale driving and pulling boat trailers at the

local pond, might try to find it a nice 1/10 body as I'm not liking the

1/12 aspect to much. I'm mostly excited to have a scale driver that can

do slow speeds for crawling and trials type stuff but then be able to

shift to higher gears for cruising.

Mike

OK, so its been mentioned that its only a few days till release.

Is this release date still the same. I havent seen any concrete confirmation as to the release date?

last info was it was delayed with no new release date set

Well, it won't be in June or July.  Here's the new releases from the Tamiya/Japan Website for June/July and it ain't on there:

http://tamiya.com/english/news/news0606/news0.htm

I read somewhere (no I don't have a link because I don't remember where that it was forecast for September).  The longer we wait - the more we'll appreciate it when it arrives [;)] !

Maybe the delay was caused by some at Tamiya read these "High-Lift" TamiyaClub forums and the demand for the High-Lift was much higher than what they have anticipated, as they read people here are posting wanting to buy 2 or even 3 of these kit at time ! so Taimya decided hold off and make sure they have enough High-Lift 4x4 produced so there won't we any shortages when they finally release them [:D]

There is a Thread with "June-July New Releases" on Tamiya.com and the F-350 hasn't been mentioned there but other new items from the Shizuoka Hobby Show ... that makes me wonder ... about the intention "why not" and a possible delay or more worse ...

looks like they let the rest of the world stew in their own juice ...

Cheers

Martin

Don't think the delay is caused due to large demand as imho its still better to keep half people happy then none, but I think their original release date was simply too optimistic, as 1-2 months ago they just had some very early prototypes which were still changing alot, also the F350 has many new parts, so it needs time to manufacture all molds and produce all sprues, not like for example another TT01 where they have just to make a new body. Also there might have been reliability problems after thorough testing and this model is very important for the image of Tamiya and they would do everything to avoid the Juggernaut I fiasco.

Cheers

Don't suppose anyone has a guestimate of UK price yet..? 

I for one am hoping for a release date in August, as I might have enough money saved up by then!!

Hi,

does anyone know how much bearings I must buy for the F350?

I only found that it need 42 bearings but I dont know witch.

Don't suppose anyone has a guestimate of UK price yet..? 

I for one am hoping for a release date in August, as I might have enough money saved up by then!!

My LHS here in London was told to expect it around September. As for price the guy thought around the £300 mark though he has had nothing firm to base that on.

All rumour but he seemed pretty sure of the September date.

My LHS here in London was told to expect

it around September. As for price the guy thought around the

£300 mark though he has had nothing firm to base that on.

All rumour but he seemed pretty sure of the September date.

£300 is pretty much what I was expecting - not sure if I was expecting

that as a kit only or as a package (inc. radio gear).  £300 will

be affordable (for me at least) if it's the complete deal, will be a

lot of I've got to find a radio set on top of that tho...

I've got to pop into my LHS over the next few weeks, will see if they've heard anything yet [:)]

Don't forget there are also the Asian sellers [;)]

Cheers

Yeah if you can wait a few months Ebay dealers will have them NIB for a great deal less than your LHS. I like the look of the truck i think its got great potential for looking good.

Actually most Asian sellers have new releases before European or US shops...

Cheers

If a LHS in London says it will be available in September wouldn't that mean it would be available in Asia around July/August?

Cheers

If a LHS in London says it will be available in September wouldn't that mean it would be available in Asia around July/August?

Cheers

So true Theo! I for one will be visiting the Asian sellers stores regularly to check. I can imagine that out of any website TC will get a pretty quick 'heads up' as to who is the first to sell them as no doubt one of us on here will spot them......cant wait![:P]

There are also some Asian shops were you can pre-order them, this way you can ensure you get them as soon as they are released and don't need to look daily at shops [:)]

Cheers

Don't forget there are also the Asian sellers [;)]

Cheers

As far as I´m told, the release will be earlier for the LHS, than the Asian webshops.... And this may apply for the whole world, but do NOT quote me on that. (I have ordered mine at the LHS,

confirmed that the norwegian distributor will receive this nice piece without delay...by air..!)

So long!

At first, the F350 would appeared to make a good summer project, now it appeared to be a school project, but don't be surprise if it ends up being a Christmas project.

The time will come when it's ready to present itself.  I sure don't want to find design flaws or poor engineering after paying several big ones for the kit. Remember the Jug. 1?

As far as I´m told, the release will be earlier for the LHS, than the Asian webshops.... And this may apply for the whole world, but do NOT quote me on that. (I have ordered mine at the LHS,

confirmed that the norwegian distributor will receive this nice piece without delay...by air..!)

So long!

I’m sorry to quote you but I personally think that the person who told you that just wanted you to order the kit of him rather then importing it your self.

Some of the Asian web shops are also LHS (like RC-Champ and I think RCMart/Dinball also has a store). And then again some that sells on eBay just go to their LHS and purchase it there before selling it off with a profit.

And on top of that I have never heard anybody that works in a hobby shop ever say anything nice about the Norwegian Tamiya distributor so I don’t think we will have it in Norway before it’s sold on Asian web shops.

That being said it has been mentioned that many distributors are unpleased (is that a word?) about Asian hobby shops shipping Tamiya kits all over the world. So maybe an early release in the rest of the world could prevent some of this. How much is your LHS going to charge you for the Hi-Lift? (in NOK is okay)

Ole