Sign in to follow this  
Maddevildog

Think there will be re-re's of the Hotshot, Monster Beetle or Porsche 959?

I cant get any of these NIB, so I think im just going to get the re-res that I had when I was a kid, and maybe with some luck they will remake these kits? Thinks they will?

I think some ebay store sellers like Tamiya RC has them in NIB.  But not cheap.  I think any re-issue kit will be effected by demand and production issues. If Tamiya will re-issue the 3 kits you mentioned...is possible but maybe not be in the near future. 

If you think how many kits have been re-re's in the recent past it doesn't sound to absurd getting re-re's of your mentioned kits. But who knows when ... and even though it is nice for some people to participate from a re-release, there will always be a collector who starts chewing at the edge of his table when he realizes the inflation of value for his formerly rare NIB's ...

and I am so glad, that I never hopped on expensive "collectors items" so intensively ...

Cheers

Martin

According to a Japanese article somewhere, it was claimed the re-release cycle would end in 2006 with a big surprise (F350 Hilift?), also there have been re-released cars from almost all significant classes and eras and the coffee minis also came, so I am not sure, but only time will tell, lets see...

Cheers

I really thought and hoped they would re-release the Monster Beetle. After all the MB has to be one of Tamiya's most collectable kits and would be relatively cheap for them to re-release since the Frog shared the same chassis. To be honest I'm still quite suprised they re-released the Frog over the MB as the MB would probably sell them more cars as it has cross market appeal with VW Beetle lovers.

I think Frog sold more, as it was a buggy (same as Hornet / Grasshopper) and didn't even do bad in racing (German championship 1985). Don't think it would make so much sense re-releasing the MB as the very similar Blitzer Beetle was sold till recently, also I think Blackfoot sold in much higher quantities (just look in ebay how many BFs are listed for every MB) and was Tamiyas first monster truck, would expect that more, or the Brat as it was the first with the ORV chassis.

Cheers

Off Road Vehicle, it was how the Frog/Brat chassis was called and I think even stamped on some sprues?

Cheers

Hmm - I thought that would be what it was. I wonder why they called it that? After all, the SRB's and Grasshoppers, etc. were already 'off road vehicles'.

For some reason I've always referred to them (in my head mainly) as the 'spaceframe' chassis, but I don't know where that came from...

I agree with Theo here.  In my area, the MB never sold as well as the Blackfoot.  Although I have one, I always thought they were odd looking. 

It's doubtful they would re-release these vehicles.  the 959 and hotshot are complex vehicles and would require quite a bit of production costs with possibly limited return.  The MB would be the most feasible one to do but really if your industrious you could piece together a car with parts from ebay and a re-re frog

Yeah but then again if you're industrious enough you can put together virtually any car just by buying enough bits off ebay. I always thought the MB was one of the most loved Tamiya cars. I can't speak for the rest of the world but even a MB in moderately good condition can go for decent amounts here on the UK ebay and mint condition and NIB versions go for quite ludicrous amounts sometimes. Again its because of its cross market appeal, not many Tamiya's have that.

I can't see tham re-releasing the Blackfoot because the Blackfoot Extreme is already out there, they'd be competeing against themselves.

I think it would make excelent sense to re-release the MB, afterall a RC Beetle in some guise has almost become a Tamiya trademark and they don't have a one in their current line up.

I would expect (and hope) that the Monster Beetle is a likely contender for a re-release. The Frog chassis is virtually the same, and Tamiya have been making Beetle shells up until recently with the Blitzer, so it would be nice to see the MB getting the treatment with the improved drivetrain. If nothing else, it would be good if they could redo the gold wheels, as finding these in good condition is not an easy task nowadays, and the bent metal bolts for the spotlamps on the front bar are also rather rare.

I think the market appeal would be good too, with VW owners and fans a good target market in addition to us Tamiya collectors.. fingers crossed [:)]