Sign in to follow this  
carnage

AAAAGHHHHHHHH!!!! stupid car!

I was having interferance glitches with my tt01, the car would get a certain distance (not very far, approx 15 yards) and the car would start to twitch and shudder.

I am using an lrp ai autoatic reverse rated down to 15t i am currnelty using a 19t corally on it, the motor already has one capacitator on it but after talking with a few members in the chatroom I was informed I should solder another one on. And so I did, but it seems no different perhaps worse now! Is there a right or wrong way to solder a capacitator on?

I soldered the second one onto where the motor wires are connected (is this ok??) as the other two gold plates are occupied by the other capacitator. I might just give up soon and stick with my rs540's (boring) I have been having the same prob with my df02 which is using the same kit. I have arranged the wiring as best as possible aswell.

Please somebody help!!!

you don't want to use a capacitor with a reversing ESC.  Glitching is frustring to fix.

1 make sure you have at least two capacitors that go frome the power lead to the can of the motor. 

2. make sure the reciever antenna is not damaged and out of the way from any power wires.

3.Make sure you have good batteries in the transmitter, I know Duh! but don't overlook the obvious

4.  Try running someplace else, it might be radio interference from some jerkies Ham radio.

Caps are OK on reversing ESC's. It's Schottky diodes that are the big no-no. They tend to go boom.

Carnage, can you post a pic of what you have on the motor? You used the little brown disc caps right?

Typically you'll put three on a motor. One from the positive to the can, another from negative to the can, and the third from positive to negative.

A lot of newer motors actually have caps already on them. There's either be a little circuit board with them on it, on the endbell and sometimes inside where you can't see them.

Caps are OK on reversing ESC's. It's Schottky diodes that are the big no-no.

My bad, that was what I was thinking about

will upload pics tomorrow cant be bothered now im to stressed to eve look at my cars without the temptation to throw them across the room and put them in the oven just to get my own back!!! lol

well the motor came (nib) with one capacitator soldered on theres four gold tabs that stick up two have the capacitator on and the other two have my motor wires connected to, so therefore all the places to solder things on to are used up. i soldered another capacitator onto the two tabs which have my motor wires connnected

As I mentioned before it's 3 you should try, not two. Make sure they are fitted as Jeckler suggests and see how you get on.

but where should i solder them on i have run out of places? can i solder more than one to the same place?

Yup, you will effectively have a triangle of capacitors. Each motor tab (negative, postive and the can) will each have two capacitors attached at one end.

This is how I normally solder my capacitors on.  I make a small sand mark on the can with my dremel.  This gives the solder something to stick to.  One capacitor for each terminal then soldered to the can and one between terminals

img34_07072006001733_1_350.jpg

Gee, that's not nearly as nice as the regular Shodog stuff... I was expecting an alloy capacitor bracket or something....

lol... just kidding, that's how I do mine pretty much as well... but using a small file instead of a dremel...

Alex

Niiiiiiiice body.  Looks waaaaaay better than my blue one.  Hope you get your problems fixed...

thanks for the comment jpod!!! yours looks sweet to just not a fan of the traditional blue that pic of the motor is a great help to thanks again for all you replies