Sign in to follow this  
netsmithUK

Julys competition has been launched - Free Stadium Raider!

All the details are here:

http://tamiyaclub.com/awards.asp

Many thanks to Time Tunnel yet again for coming up with the goods [:D]

You had 3 weeks warning and now you've got 3 weeks to get your entries in. If you are quick you might even get chance to take a picture of one of your models in front of the TV while the world cup final is on this evening. [;)]

Slight change this month in that no entries will be shown until the voting starts.

Good luck

Cheers

Chris

maybe you just can't get past the football theme,

maybe you can't see the scope for entries which fit the rules but don't feature footballs

may you don't like stadium raiders.

maybe you missed its launch in all the problems we had last weekend.

maybe you just can't be bothered this time.

maybe you are just waiting to the 11th hour to get your entry

All of which are fine and valid reasons, but with only two entries at the moment, you automatically stand a 33% chance of winning this brand NIB kit this time, which is considerably higher than normal.

Makes no odds to me, giving it to the best entry from 2, is just the same as giving it to the best entry of 100. [:)] Just wanted to make sure you'd thought it through and knew you were passing up the chance of another free kit [;)]

Chris

Chris,

Have the 'problems' from last weekend caused a disruption in traffic?

Maybe a slight extension for the comp is in order?

-Steve

nope not really, was down for a couple of days obviously but bounced back as soon as the site did [:)]

Can't really slide the dates, got too many other things to give away with dates already agreed with those donating. Besides it was announced a month before hand and there is still 2 weeks to get an entry in.

Think it just failed to capture interest this time, it happens, like I said though, not a problem it'll give some others a chance to get featured in the top ten.

Cheers

Chris

Oh yeah, those other comps are already just around the corner!  (Where'd my Summer go?)

I'll be sure to get mine in[:D]

well football isnt the best idea as far as im concerned  due to i dont own a football (cause i hate the game) and i dont have any internetable football clubs local (not that i have the inclination to research this (after people telling me they didnt vote for my st micheals mount pic cause the didnt recognise it even though most search engines pick up on it lol) and i also think england losing there match has gotten some people down lol .

Soccer, or football as it's called overseas, is dead in America- there

certainly isn't a soccer club in driving distance of my house.

Actually, there probably isn't a soccer club within a 100-mile radius

of my house!

well football isnt the best idea as far as im concerned  due to i dont own a football (cause i hate the game) and i dont have any internetable football clubs local (not that i have the inclination to research this (after people telling me they didnt vote for my st micheals mount pic cause the didnt recognise it even though most search engines pick up on it lol) and i also think england losing there match has gotten some people down lol .

ooh look a complaint about the competition, thats unusual! 

Could someone post a thread on ideas for a competition that EVERYBODY will agree with? should make for interesting reading.

Looking forward to this competition.

Oooo a complaint about a complaint! ? Now thats bound to drive up views on the thread!!

LOL - just kidding. To be fair I dont see proteus's post as a complaint, he just saying why he didn't enter which is fair enough.

Like I said if people don't enter then its fair enough, but its a shame if people don't enter specifically because there is some sort of link with football. I went out of the way to make the entry criteria so you could enter something which is not 100% football related. When I think about how many action shots we have with cars tearing across local football pitches in front of the goals, or excellent paint jobs including qualifying flags etc. all valid entries just waiting to be submitted. [:)]

Cheers

Chris

i'm going to enter. can't say i'm a huge footy fan, but i'm prepared to give it a go. adds a bit of a challenge i think. i've only got this week to get mine in though, i'm going on me hols this sunday. i will be back to vote though, and i might be able to find an access point for my PSP!

well netsmith my comment wasnt a complaint as you rightly summised . i just feel like whatever i say is going to be construded as a complaint lol . i feel that i cannot have anything to do with a game that i really dont like (due to the violent tendancies it illicites in others) and i would be a hypocrite if i showed any support for the game . Mind the prize does tie in with the compo quite well been a STADIUM raider lol nice touch chris

no probs at all.

I'd also like to take credit for the STADIUM connection, but must admit I'd missed that one completely - lol

Soccer, or footbal as it's called overseas, is dead in America- there certainly isn't a soccer club in driving distance of my house. Actually, there probably isn't a soccer club within a 100-mile radius of my house!

Well if you read the rules Chris did say that 'Football' didn't mean just soccer, so ANY strange games called football were acceptable, so that does include NFL,Aussie Rules,Gaelic...etc...etc... (You get my point?)

Yes! A loophole! But I have a question: if I do a NFL-related entry,

would I still need to include things that don't apply like a flag of a

World Cup team, a newspaper with a World Cup headline, and World Cup

promotional material? Should I drop the flag (NFL teams generally don't

have flags), substitute a NFL newspaper for a newspaper with a World

Cup headline and NFL promo material World Cup promo material?

Mmmm I think if its in the rules it can't technically be called a loop hole [;)]

The rules remain the same

2. In addition to your model, your photo MUST also contain one or more of the following

- a football or footballs

- a goal

- any football stadium (Basically must show the name of the football club somewhere that can be verified via the web)

- an obvious flag of any participating world cup team (real flag / decal / paintjob)

- a newspaper with a clear headline relating this the world cup

- any promotional material from this years or any previous years world cup. - a TV featuring a football match clearly.

For sake of world piece anywhere I mention Football, it applies to both the correct game played the world over, and also, those localised versions played with funny rules and odd balls in some parts of the world, SPECIFICALLY, Football, American Football, Australian rules and Rugby (it DOES NOT include tennis, ping pong, la cross, etc.)

First three rules are generic, ie the particular game of football is not specified, next three are specific to the Fifa world cup.

As long as you entry complies to any of them its ok. eg your car next to an american football, american football stadium, american feld goal (?) is ok. Your car next to a news paper talking about the NFL, or an NFL flag, or NFL promotional material is not.

Chris

SO just to clarify:

Anyone outside of the United States is allergic to the word 'soccer' ?[:D][;)]

-Steve

SO just to clarify:

Anyone outside of the United States is allergic to the word 'soccer' ?[:D][;)]

-Steve

Basically yes as it's football not soccer!![:P][;)]

I remember many aeons ago when I was about 10 and went to Intercamp 80 which was an international Scout camp we challenged some US scouts to a game of football they turned up with a funny shaped thing we said whats that? thought we said football not rugby!! But we relented and played what could only be termed as a mass murder ball fest!! We were playing to rugby rules and the US scouts were telling us we couldn't tackle that way etc!!

I'll be the first to admit that we really botched it on the name, but it's not that bad of a game.  [:^)]

Would the rest of the world like it better if we called it hand-throw-kick-and-pass-ball?

Besides, we do have a FIFA team, haven't we done enough? [:P][;)]

USA reached 4th place in the world rankings earlier this year, which is higher than the English team have done for years (decades?) and they did themselves proud at the world cup this year.

If the US got behind them, they would be a real force to be reckoned with. That said its good for the rest of the world they don't [;)]

Chris