Sign in to follow this  
netsmithUK

What to do if you have 'lost' items from the main site. [First post UPDATED]

Can someone test posting to the trades again please.

Think I've fixed it.

Chris

Just wondering if anyone else is finding that when hitting the back button from a model into the browser for new models that it is always going back to the newest stuff? I was trying to have a look at the models that have been added today but I keep having to navigate from the first to the second, third or fourth page every single time rather than be taken back there with the back button.

Yeah just noticed that. Will look into fixing it - its only on certain screens which I tried to optimised because they were slow and causing quite a processor hit everytime someone used it.

You should have the same problem if you use the paging arrows to jump about screens - if fact everything should be slicker as it doesn't have to redraw the whole screen.

I'll keep you posted though if I can work out a way to make the back button work as expected again on these particular screens.

Chris

Again, this might be summink to do with the version of Safari that I am using... when trying to access the main users showroom (http://www.tamiyaclub.com/mainshowroom.asp) the browser indicates "loading" but the table of entries doesnt appear... this feature worked fine in Tamiyaclub BC (Before the Crash)

Yes this is appears to be an issue with safari 1.0.3  on the mac.

Any chance you can just upgrade to v2.0?

I'll work on a work around around but it won't be appearing tonight.

Cheers

Nope... a Safari upgrade means an OS upgrade... which in turn means a bunch of expensive application upgrades...

How about any of these...

Direct Downloadosx.gifFile Size: 3.7 MB - version 2.0.1 updater - for Mac OS X 10.4.2 - released Auguest 29, 2005

Direct Downloadosx.gifFile Size: 3.7 MB - version 1.3.2 updater - for Mac OS X 10.3.9 - released January 11, 2006

Direct Downloadosx.gifFile Size: 7.0 MB - full version 1.2 - for Mac OS X 10.3 to 10.3.8 - released February 2, 2004

Chris, regarding recovery:

In recovery.asp, the links are badly fomatted: from the view source:

img6496_01012005171756_1.jpg

.. etc

Can you please correctly format the picture link with quotes around the href and target parameters, please? - it causes problems here with downloading the pictures.

ie

Edit: okay, can't show the code as the forum interprets it as html, but you should get the idea.

Cheers,

seeing as you said please twice in the same sentance...

try it again now.

cheers

chris

all sorted now! [:D] cars are back in showroom and all my fault for trying to save the thumbnail instead of the pic [:$] thanks for the info chris.

Nope... am running on 10.2.8... :-(

So am I. I must say I prefer Firefox 1.0.7 over the early version of

Safari for 10.2.8 anyway, mainly for the extra plugins. Later versions

of Firefox seem to have one or two bugs with 10.2.8.

Chris:

I only get the "first stage" of model selection when trying to re add my deleted models to my showroom.  I tried using firefox & microsoft internet explorer.  I don't know a thing about computers so if you ask for more info be specific and simple [:$].  Need some help I want to re-add my recent models !

As an added bonus, if I click on the "more" button on the homepage for the "recent showroom models" NOTHING happens.  So basically, I get the homepage with the inability to add my last few models and I can only view the new listing on the homepage.  Help please.

The two flipmenus in that form work for me BTW - Safari 1.03, OSX 10.3.9.

I'd like to try Firefox, but every version I've ever installed has never worked, so I stick with Safari which by and large I'm happy with...

Thats interesting scoobs - i was assuming it was the browser, but it looks like a browser/os version combi thing. I'm searching the web for solutions, but if any of you web developers out there have any code to identify specifically this type of combination please email it to me.

BackToMyRoots - mmm can you check you have javascript turned on, and a security level set to a level which will allow the javascript to work.

Cheers

Chris

It's rather unfortunate that some of us still cannot add trade items (only their titles) - kinda gives the rest a bit of an advantage!

I'd stopped working on this because I thought it was 100% fixed last night. You are the first to mention they are still having problems since then.

Are you getting an error message at any point? Please email me the exact copy & pictures you are trying to enter

cheers

Chris

No error messages - I can add a title but if I add the text (and/or pics) it links me back to the homepage without adding the trade item.

If I add the title then try to edit the trade (to add descriptive text) it links me back to the homepage without altering the entry.

I will email you the text/pics I am trying to upload.

I've got a similar problem with trades.  I added an item for sale last night, but today changed my mind and decided to put it on ebay.

I've listed it on ebay, but now when i try and edit the trade to change it from a "For Sale" item to "Auction Promotion" i get a problem when i hit the update button - it just returns me to the home page and doesn't update the details?

It's no biggie, I suppose I could delete the item and try again.  But I am using the pictures for the ebay listing as well.

Ta

Pete

Think I've fixed the "Editing trades going to home page issue"

All those having problems please try again and let me know

cheers

chris

1. Just tried to change the status of the advert from 'For Sale' to 'Trade' and couldn't - just links me back to the homepage.

2. Just tried to edit (add text) to my advert and couldn't - just links me back to the homepage.