Sign in to follow this  
OCD

?? Which Universals fit a TA02 Rear End??

Does anyone know which fit for sure? I'd go with the original Tamiya pieces for the '02, but as you know they're a bit hard to source.

I have a couple of different sizes here, ('mystery' universals)

But one set is too long overall, and the other is too long on the axle end. 

I was told that the unis from the TA04 or TT01 will fit the rear, but I was curious if anyone else has tried to fit these?  Isn't the TA04 designed with different length axles front to rear?

-Steve

TA01 universals are same size as TL01 universals. Get TL01 universals, not the assembly kind, the ones that are one piece. I do not remember the parts number.

Essentially any UJ drive shaft that has a 39mm swing shaft.  That includes the TL01 variety 53418 as well as the original 53115, and the assembly types - eg: parts 53499, 53500, and 53505 (or 53506 if you want the lightweight swing shafts [;)] )

Right on - Thanks P.J.

Off to buy some new unis for my TA02!

-Steve

Hi there,

I have a set of four TA02 original Tamiya universals available if necessary.  They're used but in sound working order, all pins still secure.

I am likely to auction them shortly but might as well see if they're desired by anybody in this community first, this way I'll know they will go to a true fan.

Given that I'm new here with no reputation I'd want to send high res photos and engage in suitable communication prior to any transaction taking place.  I do have a small but sound e-trading reputation on eBay and my local auction site though.

I'm in New Zealand so this may be a detraction for anybody far, far away.

(Also have 2 x used FRP chassis sets, alu dampers, etc, etc).  I got into buggies... :D