Dephcon5

Anyone work with TS 73 Clear Orange?

Im curious how this clear orange would look if backed up by either white or silver leaf. Anyone use this or any TS clear colors before?

George

I've airbrushed the X-whatever clear colours and backed with silver. Red is especially stunning. I imagine the TS sprays would give a similar effect, and would stick to a Lexan shell much better than the X-series clears did. Sure was pretty while it lasted...[:$]

Hi,

Here I did. Tamiya's clear orange is kind of dark and if you use white as BG, it will be solid orange. If you use silver, the effect is dull. If you use bright silver, it will look like gold fish. Thinner coat of clear orange gives better effect.

If you want metallic orange, I would suggest you use clear silver with fluorescent orange. This is a real goldfish color. But be careful not to apply clear silver too thick.

Joaquim

Hello,

I want to do my Bruiser in a metallic blue finish, so I was going to try Tamiya clear blue over chrome silver. I'm going to do some tests first with my airbrush to see if it's the finish I want. Anyone tried the clear blue? Can anyone suggest another good method for a blue metal flake finish? TS mica blue might be close to what I want, but I was after a richer blue, and I'd prefer to use my airbrush.

I want to do the sleeper/nerf bars in pearl white. The only paint I can find that looks close to what I want is from Sangyo Gunze, but it's tricky to find. Anyone used this colour?

- James

I had used many years ago clear blue over silver on a Bruiser body but not the Tamiya one as it didn't exist back then (click) 

img16_08072002190914_1_75.jpg

Cheers

Yes, DJTheo, I've seen your truck [:P], it was that truck that got me interested in getting a Bruiser! I remember seeing videos of that truck in action many moons ago (almost tipped over at high speed at one point too!).

Was wondering what paints you used. That's similar blue effect to what I want to go for. I do want to go for pearl white instead of the silver though.

I'll have to try the chrome silver/clear blue on a scrap and see what it looks like.

- James

Yes, DJTheo, I've seen your truck [:P], it was that truck that got me interested in getting a Bruiser! I remember seeing videos of that truck in action many moons ago (almost tipped over at high speed at one point too!).

Was wondering what paints you used. That's similar blue effect to what I want to go for. I do want to go for pearl white instead of the silver though.

I'll have to try the chrome silver/clear blue on a scrap and see what it looks like.

- James

Oh yes, that was its first driving test and my heart almost stopped, well actually it later did after I oversaw a little pavement and drove fastly over it, Bruiser jumped in the air and landed on the roof on gravel... [:'(] (luckily only surface scratches, even mirror didn't break!)

Back then I had used Revell airbrush paints but that's only as I didn't know where to find TS cans, now I would never turn back to them.

Cheers