Sign in to follow this  
wldnas

Possabillity of a Public Display in the UK???

I dont want to get anyones hope up just yet, but there is a slim possabiliy that their may be a public display of Collectors RC cars later in the year.

A friend of mine is trying to organise it so that he can display his own extensive collection of RC cars alongside a Toy and Train Collectors fair that is to be held at the N.E.C sometime in December. but their might be chance that some other collectors could get in on the act if interested. its all pie in the sky at the moment, the organiser of the fair has had some exhibitors pull out of the fair and was looking to fill up the extra space with some form of display, my friend asked if he could display his collection of cars and he seems quite keen on the idea.

there wont be any buying/selling or trading allowed at the RC display should it go ahead, that will against the rules of the show, and so far about 8 tables have been set aside. Im going to see if any other collectors can display their cars, and It would be great if Tamiyaclub could have some form of presence there.

I stress again that this is only a pipe dream at the moment, but If I get anymore concrete news on the event you guys will be the first to know.

feel free to contact me if your interested in attending or displaying.... wldnas@hotmail.com

Sounds a great idea...

I don't want to hijack someone elses event/idea but Tamiyaclub would definately like to take part - I should have the tshirts done by then, so maybe some freebies.

Maybe we could have an underground swap/race meeting later in the day in a carpark some where

Keep us posted.

logo_member2.gif

well what I was thinking was that, if some more collectors were allowed to display their cars then perhaps we could set up a small track next to the tables and at predetermined times have short demostration races, maybe have a small ramp on the circuit and a sorta lumpy offroad section so you can have 3 speeds and Monster trucks doin a bit of hill climing and rock crawling.

as for T-shirs how about this for an Idea. on the back have your user name across the shoulders and in the middle have the Box spanner logo with the "2nd best tool" legend. and on the front "www.Tamiyaclub.com" across the chest and maybe the box art picture of the Sand Scorcher or Hilux underneith it.

but then Tamiyaclub is your baby chris, whatever you decide is fine with me

Definantly sounds like a great idea, although i might have to buy a bigger car if i take my collection, if allowed icon_smile_tongue.gif. Poor old MG only just fits in a few! icon_smile_sad.gif It's alright really , i have a trailer! hee hee.

If your wanting to have a track i would be willing to bring mine that i made, it's in my showroom if you haven't seen it, i am also working on some jumps and simulated rocks for climbing over which would probably be great, if finished in time.

Then if displays are possible it would be easy to interchange from road to monster quick and easy? it's your baby what do you think??????

ps save a T-shirt for me chris icon_smile_cool.gif

Michael

M,

You'd better get a PROPER car ! MGs pah ! Nuttin' but a mobile drip tray.

A meet would be great, but I like the sound of buying/trading if that were possible.

OK heres the latest skinny on whats happening, my mate Ritchard is going to meet with the event organiser to finalise his own display, as far as I can make out he is going to be the only collector allowed to display cars at this fair so long as he dosent do any buying and selling form his stand.

its still early days yet, things could change, I will try and have words and see if its possible for more collectors to join in with the display

Maybe we could all chip in logo_member2.gif

Ow that hurts loopy, my car doesn't drip, it runs!icon_smile_tongue.gif

Edited by - flyby on 27 Sep 2002 03:20:51

if theres going to be an organised tamiya club event you can count me in too!, i,m keen on a tamiya club T-shirt aswell!icon_smile_wink.gif,how about the tamiya stars on the front with tamiya club underneath that, and the box spanner on the back. would the T-shirts be legal though?, i mean, isn,t using tamiya,s name breaking somekind of copy right law?, do they know about this club and how popular the "vintage" scene is!.

mmmmm.....

With regard to the logo copyright I was in a skate shop on Saturday buying some DC Shoes and decided to have a flick through the sticker book. There was one that used the Tamiya stars but had there own brand name underneath instead of Tamiya !

I think we are all right as far as copyright goes as long as we don't use thier logo anywhere, so no tamiya stars on the T's I'm afriad - but thats ok because they look cool enough without them logo_member2.gif

It's actually good publicity for the most part for these big companies.

I can't see a problem.

any advances on the show??id='Verdana'>

Stu in Scotland

logo_member2.gif

logo_fin.gif

We need a take on how many Uk members there are and if they are willing to meet up? that's if there in the country long enough...Stulogo_member2.gif

Yeah Michael I will be here maybe 6 more weeks.....

I hope we can sort even a little something out before then. I have already met several members from ~T. Club and would love to meet some more.

id='Verdana'>

Stu in Scotland

logo_member2.gif

logo_fin.gif

Maybe we could have a off road & monster truck outing in scotland stu ? Not much good in Norfolk, hardly no hills !:)

Let me know when and i'll see what i can arrange, might get a couple of mates interested. could come up on the train probably.

Michael in carrot country (Norfolk UK)

logo_member2.gif