Sign in to follow this  
Birdy

Blitzer body Baja conversion.. let me see what you did

d4.jpg

that pic makes it look like he sees something in the road (or sand) infront of him

It'll be cracking when you're done though :)

Oh, please don't say cracking....

Here's the first stage of my wing-reprofiling effort.

Ooops ;) 

sorry guys but i dissagree,  there are actually quite a lot of bajas on the road in the UK, regually turning up on the bay, even some of the more extreem are road legal by 'agricultural use' loop holes in the law, and the sandscorcher is much closer to the road giong variety than the purpose built desert racers. the high exhaust is just about legal, i know guys who run stingers on their bugs, and the exposed engine has a frame round it to make it road legal as much as to protect it, but the alt/dyno belt does have to be enclosed with nice shiney chrome guard. i'll admit defeat on the paddle tracs though, even 4x4 mud tyres are noisey on the M1!

With primer on, it's a pretty close match. At least I think it is, I don't have an original SS to compare it to. At any rate, I'm pretty pleased with it [H]

mvc040sru6.jpg

This shell's getting a gennie nose cone, so it should be able to pass for the real thing at a few paces. I'm waiting for that, and the sunroof to arrive before painting, as the sunroof will have the seams filled in.

sorry guys but i dissagree,  there are actually quite a lot of bajas on the road in the UK, regually turning up on the bay, even some of the more extreem are road legal by 'agricultural use' loop holes in the law, and the sandscorcher is much closer to the road giong variety than the purpose built desert racers. the high exhaust is just about legal, i know guys who run stingers on their bugs, and the exposed engine has a frame round it to make it road legal as much as to protect it, but the alt/dyno belt does have to be enclosed with nice shiney chrome guard. i'll admit defeat on the paddle tracs though, even 4x4 mud tyres are noisey on the M1!

If you read my previous post you will see I wrote generally about most countries in the world, UK might and usually is an exception.

Cheers