modelmaniac

any word on the next clumber meet?

this sounds fun, but i have no idea were it is, and also i only have a tt-01, but looking for a couple of new cars as i get paid next wednesday and have a good pay packet comming up! so whats worth taking to this place, and also were is this place

Guest joelvardy

Right then Mr Snake where in the UK do you live?

Clumber Park is in Nottinghamshire. the full address (for sat nav system or route planner) is

Clumber Park, Worksop, Nottinghamshire S80 3AZ

As for cars and off roader buggies 2WD seem to be the best and most fun (Que everyone to contradict me!!)

if you tell me where you are then I will ad it to the site where (in the getting there section,)

Joel

Guest joelvardy

went down there to the model show a month or 2 ago

I will have a look

Joel

Guest joelvardy

about 108miles

should take 2h 20mins

info from the RAC route planner

hello all im a newbie here, i live in rotherham, so i guess im just up the road from the clumber meet, how many cars do you lot take? so far i only have a hornet, (and a colt nitro buggy, but that doesnt count does it?). where abouts do you all meet up? iv been having a look through the video section and iv got to say im a little disappointed, because as of yet i havent seen any tamiya's braving the ford..............................

haha

are there any controller frequency rules about the meet?  

any way i might not make it to this meet (work) but hopefully ill make the next one......[Y]

cheers

luke

hello all im a newbie here, i live in rotherham, so i guess im just up the road from the clumber meet, how many cars do you lot take? so far i only have a hornet, (and a colt nitro buggy, but that doesnt count does it?). where abouts do you all meet up? iv been having a look through the video section and iv got to say im a little disappointed, because as of yet i havent seen any tamiya's braving the ford..............................

haha

are there any controller frequency rules about the meet?  

any way i might not make it to this meet (work) but hopefully ill make the next one......[Y]

cheers

luke

hi there fella, welcome aboard, i myself am from alittle north of rotherham, clumber meets rock i'll tell ya.

Personally i take about 5-6 depending what i can fit in the boot with all the spares, cos with my driving i need the spare parts and car cos i usually broke one or two each visit.

As for frequecies we all ways check with each other whos running on what so that way we dont get loose cannons so to speak running about, there have been a few cross overs but that only adds to the fun. 27 or 40 mhz are both fine, if your lucky you'll get a spektrum kit.

NItro or electric is fine, i sometimes even take my carson (2 stroke) when its not broken as usual.

Hope to see you there soon

steve

iv been having a look through the video section and iv got to say im a little disappointed, because as of yet i havent seen any tamiya's braving the ford..............................

cheers

luke

funny enough that 'ford' was mentioned at the last meet, i'm sure it will soon be found and conquered! [:D]

clumber isn't the same without abit of swimming! [;)]

cheers devilsome [H] 

Guest joelvardy

I think that I am going to waterproof a car  (yer another project will be coming into play with this) not to put a fine point on it... NO more wet receivers.... [:#]

I usually (well only been to 2 but from them) take 3-4 cars depending on whether they are working!

Joel

lol a james bond style submergable?

ive had experiences with the ford before.............. not on a tamiya scale though!

42.jpg 

any idea on the date of the meet after next? 

cheers

luke 

Guest joelvardy

Delete please.. Double post for some reason??

Guest joelvardy

dates for 2007   only penciled in by me an devilsome for the 2nd Sunday every month  (maybe more often in summer)

2007 Calendar

Month Date Confirmed
January 14th YES  - Great day
February 11th YES  - Great day
March 11th NO
April 8th NO
May 13th NO
June 10th NO
July 8th NO
August 12th NO
September 9th NO
October 14th NO
November 11th NO
December 9th NO
Joel

love it! how well organised are we jv?

i even marked my summer holiday around the august date! [Y] lmao

@luke that ford looks great, maybe the ducks need to meet WW2 [;)]

@russ you got mail mate ( @ the chippie 1)

cheers damon 

Damo, sorry mate, been busy unwrapping parcels for the MB [:$] but i did get the mail and replied with a YES [:P] and i'll meet you there mate[y]

Only a couple more "trees" to get before i have the complete MB kit from parts, costing me a fortune lmao [h]

no worries russ

its pigging AOL doing my head in [8o|]

they've decided to delete all my emails and treat all ebay mails as spam!  arrrrrrrrrrrrgh [N]

russ we'll meet @ 1 ish in the car park behind the model shop, do you know it?

cheers damon

In a word.......NO [:P] lol

Can't be too hard to find though, i'll just put it in the sat nav and hope the cow takes me to the right place [y]

Guest joelvardy

sorry Internet keeps going off line! [8o|]

But yes very organized!

I will be fitting the skirt to the hovercraft in a few hours (just a test fit make sure it hovers then I will get the craft painted and then will fit for real... Then will do the rear duct [:(]  <I bet it will go wrong.

then I will do the cockpit and put in the ramps for the tank!

Joel

@ russ  5 Le Strange Terrace Hunstanton, Norfolk, PE36 5AJ address for model shop and there is a large car park towards the back mate! i haven't been for a long time so if for any reason the car park aint there anymore [:|] will meet at the model shop! [Y]

@ joel TANK!! [:o]

cheers damon [H]

Guest joelvardy
 joel TANK!! [:o]

yer you gotta problem with that!!! [^o)]

NO it ain't what you think it is a tamiya 1/35 RC tank [:D]

have a look in my showroom I think there is a pic of it on the hovercraft stage 1

looks good jv! [Y] 

right this is war joel if your taking a tank im loading up the gator with [ap] [ap] [ap]

[Z]-------HELP!!!

LMAO