modelmaniac

any word on the next clumber meet?

Won't be there for this one unfortunately - on duty tomorrow. Hope y'all have fun!

• Like 1

Yes, a fantastic meet once again. My video will be a bit later than normal due to other commitments but I've put about 96 photos onto the Facebook Group. In fact, there are tons of photos on there from other attendees too.

Great videos :-) Highlight for me is the Monster Beetle slow mo.

• Like 1

Yes need more vintage runners out next meet and will take some time with camera's. the two monster beetles looked great.

Is there a date for the next meet yet? I really do need to get my butt to the next one!

• Like 1

No worries, I'm desperately trying to get some of my projects finished in time so I have a variety of cars to run. Will be quite a few classics in my stable!

• Like 1

My only comment about these meets is that the track plan is very small.

I can understand why it is small, health & safety, retrieving cars that have rolled, public nuisance blah blah blah.....

But I would prefer at least ONE fast straight, and MORE left hand turns.....

The layout as it was last week (according to the video) has ONE left hand turn and the rest are right handers.....with not a single straight to be seen.

Could this be sorted out for the next meet....then I might spend money on diesel to come along and join in because I would love to........?

My only comment about these meets is that the track plan is very small.

I can understand why it is small, health & safety, retrieving cars that have rolled, public nuisance blah blah blah.....

But I would prefer at least ONE fast straight, and MORE left hand turns.....

The layout as it was last week (according to the video) has ONE left hand turn and the rest are right handers.....with not a single straight to be seen.

Could this be sorted out for the next meet....then I might spend money on diesel to come along and join in because I would love to........?

We can't take over a bigger area of the park and I cannot fit any more track into my car. It's fit to burst.

We're all happy with the track. A lot of effort goes into it for free. Tons and tons of effort in fact. Everyone that attends and has attended absolutely loves it.

I recommend you look into an official BRCA Track to get what you need.

J

• Like 3

We can't take over a bigger area of the park and I cannot fit any more track into my car. It's fit to burst.

We're all happy with the track. A lot of effort goes into it for free. Tons and tons of effort in fact. Everyone that attends and has attended absolutely loves it.

I recommend you look into an official BRCA Track to get what you need.

J

You could keep the same amount of track (so fit it in your car) but cut it into key markers for ends of straight....edge of curve etc.......plus take cones or domes.....

Then those of us who like a straight can have their "I like a straight" needs fulfilled lol...

Just a suggestion not a criticism.....

In a very short period the Clumber Meets have become very popular and lots of fun, Most is down to Mr Weston for providing and setting up with some help from the rest of us, Im a basher not a racer and i find the track spot of for the vintage buggies and trucks we run.

Regards Mark

Ps Nice video John, but you took your time lol.

• Like 2

It would be spot on.....with a straight and a few more left hand bends.

Let me be clear....I am not criticizing.......I think these meets are great....and they look great fun.

It is just...right...right...right....right.....right....left...right...right....right....right...right.....right....right.....left.....

A few more lefts and a straight....and I would come over!!! ;)

I am sure we can take suggestions without taking offence.....eh lads?

• Like 1

Think you need to go along and experience the meet, people and venue before judging.

If you want a proper track I suggest finding yourself a local club as it sounds much more suited to what you want.

Failing that you can set up a venue and track yourself and I'm sure people would be more than willing to come along. I travelled 5+ hours to Clumber from my house.

Repeatedly posting the same criticism of an event you haven't attended is not helpful. Suggestions only need to be made once.

• Like 1

Although I get why folks are not all that happy to accept track suggestions from a non-attendee, I do think he may possibly have a point (and I am an attendee).

I don't have a problem with the usual layout, and I appreciate the effort that goes into setting up these meets, but perhaps it might be fun to try something different?

I used to roll with a group who met in a small parking lot, with similar space and track marker restrictions to those faced at the Clumber Park meets. We marked out tracks that typically had a long straight along one side, and an infield with several turns of both directions. The track was narrower than the one typically used at Clumber, but also longer, so cars were more spaced out along its length and tended not to collide as often.

How about we give it a try one of these days? The track is not permanent, so we can always go back to the old style of layout if people don't like it. And who knows? Maybe people will like it. We won't know until we try! :)

• Like 2

Reckon he needs to come along and arrive early enough to help set the track up. That way he can see what is or isn't possible and suggest alternatives ;)

• Like 1

Think you need to go along and experience the meet, people and venue before judging.

If you want a proper track I suggest finding yourself a local club as it sounds much more suited to what you want.

Failing that you can set up a venue and track yourself and I'm sure people would be more than willing to come along. I travelled 5+ hours to Clumber from my house.

Repeatedly posting the same criticism of an event you haven't attended is not helpful. Suggestions only need to be made once.

I wasn't repeating Lemming...I was trying to clarify

There is a difference!

As somebody reading the thread it comes across that 3 out of 5 posts before my above quoted one were yourself suggesting a track change.

Maybe I should head to bed :lol:

As somebody reading the thread it comes across that 3 out of 5 posts before my above quoted one were yourself suggesting a track change.

Maybe I should head to bed :lol:

Clarifying....not repeating

Goodnight :)

Mark, Steve, cheers chaps.

People just don't appreciate the effort or what can be done with the available area and terrain. Track takes time to setup and take down. We have actually changed it for the last 2 meets.

I just want to say a massive thank you to the people that turn up at the crack of dawn to help set up and the people that stick around til the end to help take the track down.

ClumberRcMeets are amazing and everyone loves them. It's a great group of attendees, we do it all for free and we decide among us (the ones who set up) what we do with the track.

The video and turn out says it all really.

• Like 1

I meant to say. There is no where to put a 'long straight'. There isn't surface suitable enough and we don't take up a large area anyway.

I'm really not saying anymore on it because all of this isn't what this thread should be about.

Cheers John

I was just referring to a straight,...not a long straight. I think it was XV Pilot that said that bit.

This is a thread about the Clumber Meet......so I thought it was an ideal place to discuss the Clumber Meet.......and comment on the track layout.

I understand you disagree and many do here, but I am entitled to comment on it if I wish.

No more will be said on the matter.

• Like 1