modelmaniac

any word on the next clumber meet?

Another great vid, can't believe I've not been to one of these meets, I sometimes ride my mtb around clumber.

I'll have to try make the next one. Any theme in particular?

• Like 1

Mike the Pilot Cossie is on a TA-01 chassis. I've got a 3500kv brushless in it with everything else bone stock and to be honest it's too fast for the chassis off road. Don't get me wrong, it's great to drive round the track and looks great in motion but it just doesn't go round corners fast due to the breakneck acceleration it has.

I'm currently chucking a load of hop-ups at it and will probably go back to a sport tuned or similar motor to keep the drive more 'scale'.

If I were you I'd just put a mild motor in it and take it to Clumber in November. I'll take mine too and maybe even have a rally car round if enough people bring similar cars.

• Like 1

yer i wouldnt be putting anything faster than a super stock bz any way matey but i was wanting to no if they ran ok on the track,do they bog down etc

• Like 1

No mate, the grass on the track is very short & pretty flat. The track did get a little rutted on one bend last time but nothing major. If you're running rally blocks it'll be fine.

• Like 2

You mentioned that your hoping your ta01 up Steve

I just bought a new in box ta02 racing special limited edition chassis kit to build into my ta02 trouble is I don't think I'll dare run it or open all the packages lol.there may be a nice rally car coming up for trades soon folks as I want something to thrash round at clumber and not worry about it.

Must stop the spur moment spending lol

I put my TT-02 Rally round the track and it was good but bouncy. Friction shocks though...

I've seen lots of rally cars go round our track and they're ace. Just make sure you have CVA's.

Last 2 ClumberRcMeets of 2014:

Sunday November 9th.

Sunday December 21st, Christmas Special. :D

Are these dates definite John? Had a positive response from 'er indoors about attending an all day meet but the 9th November is out for me as its my brother-in-laws wedding the day before :(

If not - the 21st it will have to be! :)

• Like 1

wheres nearest train station to clumber park folks?

Worksop station is about 10 - 15 mins away by bicycle. Not sure how long it would take to walk though.

I am hoping to come along to the next meet in November and bring along a few of my vintage runners...I guess there will no vintage nitro allowed?

Also is it OK to bring along a quite/small Honda generator for battery charging?

cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Dave, we normally run just electric to be fare, as for generator bring it along if you wish, come November it will be much quieter visitor wise.

See you then matey.

Are these dates definite John? Had a positive response from 'er indoors about attending an all day meet but the 9th November is out for me as its my brother-in-laws wedding the day before :(

If not - the 21st it will have to be! :)

Sorry Craig, I missed this. November and December dates are set in stone, yes.

We've something Christmassy planned for the December date :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the info... my son and I looking forward to it, I used to come to clumber a long time ago, is it still in the same area of the park?

I plan to bring the following runners, all old originals not re release so probably more than one will break due old plastic etc (but have spares)

Fox x 2

Falcon x 2

Lunchbox

WW2

Terrascorcher

Boomerang

Avante 2001/egress hybrid (if I can get the lipo to fit)

Toyota Gr.B

Kingcab

Traxxas Slash 4wd

• Like 1

Hi Dave, you've got a great collection there for sure, look forward to seeing you there.

will post up link to location

Finally sorted the August ClumberRcMeet video. A stunning array of vintage loveliness on display!

I see such gloom and negativity on some posts elsewhere on this forum. This is proof that vintage RC and RC in general has never been better!

• Like 1

A reminder that the next ClumberRcMeet is a week on Sunday. 9th November. Already looking like a fantastic turnout once again.