Sign in to follow this  
europro975

Problem with TC Member & Ebay Seller

"An example of this:

1 NIB car- $130, same NIB car with VERY slight crushing to one side of box-$100!!

I wonder which one I bought..... [;)]

Personally I don't subscribe to this "NIB with perfect packaging" bizzo that the serious collectors here seem to take so seriously."

I think you've just disagreed with yourself there.

If I pay for a NIB anything, I expect it to arrive in the same condition that I originally paid for -- New In Box, not 'Crushed In Transit' and devalued by 25%.

-Steve

I think you're a bit confused mate [;)]

I was given the choice of 2 kits...one was with slight crushing to the box, the other was pristine. I bought the one with the slightly damaged box and pocketed 30 bucks. The damage was there before transit.

I don't buy the box....I buy whats in it.

This may be off topic, but still related to having problems in trading/buying on TC. I´m surprised at the lack of courtesy when it comes to replying to mails in the traderoom.

You mail someone about an item in their traderoom, just to get no answer.

You get a mail about a trade you have, answers with the info they needed, to get no answer from them.

You ask someone about their car, perhaps wanting a picture, then the mails stop comming.

Very rude behaviour i must say. I have a list with these people so i easily can avoid doing any business with them in the future.

Too bad that some on the list are somewhat "known" TC members that you´d expect more from.

But i have made many smooth deals with people here on TC also.

Got to be careful with that though, As I somtimes find the contact box does not always work properly and can be intermittant. This can give the impression of an ignorant person (eg no replys) I have found somtimes that finding the persons email and directly contacting them somtimes is the only way.This has happened a few times to me on and off and has nearly screwed a deal or two.

Just to add to this last post, I have a few times gotten mails directed

to my junkmail folder, witch should not have been there and therfore I

have deleted them without meening to do that... I have one example

regarding Thomas/mabuchi360. I have met him once

to trade my last nitro car against a mountain bike. I saved he's phone

number also... Well my brother in law also is named Thomas. And I was

caling him on sunday morning at around 03:00... The day after I found

out that I had called TC Thomas, and I became truly embarrest. I mailed

him and tried to explaine, but I did not gett any reply, so I thought

he was mad at me, witch is understandable. I mailed him again one week

later, even more sorry this time. He tells me that offcourse he was not

mad, and that he allready had responded that.

Cheers

This has gone far enough and is quite up setting.  We need to set an example to younger members of the forum.

No,  not the who sent what part when and to whom, but the constant misuse of the word "slander".  Slander is verbal or spoken, what you are on about is Libel. But let's face it what we have here is a culture clash.  Americans appear to be long on "have a nice day"s but short on service and Brits, well we moan.

Hope this helps.

The greater majority of American ebay sellers are very courteous and prompt. You can only imagine how stupid you make yourself look by stereotyping us as" long on have a nice days but short on service". Please think before you type. Hope this helps? Are you sure? Is this the example you want to set for the younger tc members? "how to be a biggot?" Congrats to the big cheese. You have posted the single most thoughtless statement I have ever read on the tc forums. ( I have not read every thread) You certainly are tops at something!

The greater majority of American ebay sellers are very courteous and prompt. You can only imagine how stupid you make yourself look by stereotyping us as" long on have a nice days but short on service". Please think before you type. Hope this helps? Are you sure? Is this the example you want to set for the younger tc members? "how to be a biggot?" Congrats to the big cheese. You have posted the single most thoughtless statement I have ever read on the tc forums. ( I have not read every thread) You certainly are tops at something!

Well done fella, was just getting round to responding to that meself.

With the exception of one guy, ages and ages ago (and no longer active on TC) I have never had a problem with any American Ebayers, or traders for that matter.

Plenty of times the guys over there have helped me out, and I would hate to think that any of them thought that garbage earlier was a UK opinion!

(The Canadians and Europeans are great too, and the Japanese, Koreans and residents in Hong Kong)[Y]

And the Aussies

I know what you mean sgt.barnes, but it has happened a bit to many times for it to be misshaps with the mail. And unfortunally some people stop in the middle of an mail exchange. A couple of weeks ago i was contacted about a trade i have, and after a few mails i asked him to mail me some pictures of the things he wanted to trade for my parts. Well, thats was the last i heard of him. Another example was when i asked for a picture of an area were according to the seller, the decals were a bit bad on a truck and to check for postage costs. No more mails from him even though i mailed twice after that wondering what happened. I must say that i RARELY mail someone asking whats happened if the mails stops comming suddenly. It´s not like i´m going to beg to get to buy there stuff. Funny thing is that one day i might have that part they really need. Well, dont bother is all i can say...

As promised, I left bad feedback for all 9 items not recieved, as I said I was going to do. I can't see this getting resolved, or my items arriving anytime soon I'm afraid. Of course if they do by some miracle turn up I wil retract the feedback.

Anybody ever used the report item not recieved button? What are your experiences? I think I'll be doing this.

Anybody got some twin Det bits for sale?[:'(] I can't finish my project without them, I have a very nice body sitting there without a chassis now[:@]

The

greater majority of American ebay sellers are very courteous and

prompt. You can only imagine how stupid you make yourself look by

stereotyping us as" long on have a nice days but short on

service". Please think before you type. Hope this helps? Are you sure?

Is this the example you want to set for the younger tc members? "how to

be a biggot?" Congrats to the big cheese. You have posted the single

most thoughtless statement I have ever read on the tc forums. ( I

have not read every thread) You certainly are tops at

something!

Well done fella, was just getting round to responding to that meself.

With the exception of one guy, ages and ages ago (and no longer

active on TC) I have never had a problem with any American Ebayers, or

traders for that matter.

Plenty of times the guys over there have helped me out, and I

would hate to think that any of them thought that garbage earlier was a

UK opinion!

(The Canadians and Europeans are great too, and the Japanese, Koreans and residents in Hong Kong)[Y]

And the Aussies

Suggest you both look up the word bigot in a dictionary.  Bigotry

implies intolerance. No intolerance here, poor attempts at humour yes,

but intolerance no.

Suggest you both look up the word bigot in a dictionary.  Bigotry implies intolerance. No intolerance here, poor attempts at humour yes, but intolerance no.

Sweet, so we don't know what bigotry is either, how stupid can two people be?

Jerry, please don't assume anyone is being bigoted again, especially when they're only having a pop at an entire nation on our behalf, as they may well say they were joking at some point in the future.

QG - Please don't make such potentially offensive statements in  future without at least using the smilies to give people the indication that you may be joking - you can find them in the 'Insert smiley' drop down box just above the text entry box [;)]

CheeseGuy must be willing to live with the shortcomings of US sellers though since he buys from them according to one of his other posts.. and I quote QG:

"I've ordered Duratrax shocks from ebayers in the US with no problems." - QuesoGrande, Re: Oil shocks for my TL01 7-29-06

Painting a picture with such a broad brush is rarely a good thing....

Back to topic though... I've also ordered parts from Ottaviano... the only problem I ever had was when I received an item that was not the correct color. I had to shoot him an email reminding him to ship a replacement, but he ultimately did relegate the problem. I didn't think the reminder was a big deal since he never ignored my emails and responded to them right away.

-Alex

To clear this one up, I appologise un reservedly for the offence caused

by my ill concieved attempts to add levity to a thread to which, upon

reflection, I had no valid contribution to make.  As the scary man

who has been checking  my posts points out, I happily buy from,

and sell to people in the 'States, most of whom have been charming and

provided excellent service.  I have as a consequence been rightly

and roundly told off.  Mocking my user name was a little low, but

even that I accept if it shows young forum users that there is a right

way and a wrong way to do things and mine was wrong.

Well, looks like I'm not going to end up with my bits [:(]

I left bad feedback for Artie, but as it turned out he send me an email saying that he would start a claims process through the post.....I saw that after I left the feedback. Anyway, god knows how long that would take. Artie was pretty angry I think, and said that he might have sent replacements for the items if I didn't leave bad feedback......its interesting how he can be angry but I'm not allowed to be, isn't it?

Cut a long story short, he has had my money for 2 months, and I have no bits, and it doesn't look like I'll be getting any bits.

I'm also not completely convinced that they were actually sent......

Off to the dispute button methinks......[:'(]

If more people left feedback when they started getting the runaround, the whole system would be more reliable.

I think you waited long enough fella, if you get retalliatory neg, just reply to it, clearly and calmly explaining what happened and that the neg was a 'revenge job' - people only read the negs anyway, you might as well give them extra to read [;)]

Cheers mate. Thats what I thought!!

I opened a dispute for each item I was meant to get. Lets see what happens.

I just want what I paid for. Nothing more than that.

Hello Everyone,

I have been reluctant to put another post in this forum but I think its time I say my piece.  I left postive feedback for Corpsethrower not too long after the payment was made for the order.  He left negative feedback last week and is not willing to allow time for the US Postal Service Claims process which can only be initiated 60 days after the ship date.  Tony did not purchase any type of insurance and paid for Air Parcel which is not trackable from one country to another.  The # he stated he got from another seller is just a USPS Customs Form # and is not for tracking purposes.  International shipping can only be tracked by Fedex, UPS or DHL and the cost for these methods is extremely high.  It should also be noted that Tony has only been on Ebay for 5 months at this point with 36 feedback ratings and we have been on Ebay since 1999 with over 7600 postive feedbacks and with many repeat customers.  I am a reasonable person and have no reason to lie or cheat anyone since I am also a r/c hobbyist and purchase on Ebay regularly.  I have recevied countless e-mails from Tony leading up to the negative feedback that were not exactly friendly by any means.  I did send his items back in August in the 3rd week and it is unfortunate that they did not arrive and I am doing what I can short of replacing the items at my cost.  I do not feel compelled to replace the items at my cost due to his negative feedback threats, the leaving of negative feedback, Ebay disputes and his lack of patience with me.  Tony states that he is "skeptical" that the items were really sent but how can we be sure that he has not already received the items.  This is where the trust issue comes into play and from my perspective Tony does not have a lot of feedback and has not been on Ebay very long. So what conclusion am I supposed to draw from all of this.  Well, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and offered to put in a claim with USPS but Tony doesn't want to wait. Please keep in mind the parts are not that expensive at all and this is not a matter of money for us but a matter of principle.  We shipped it, he did not get it, I offered to put a claim in with the US Postal Service, he is not willing to be patient and then proceeds with every possible means of causing more of a hassle for us.  Ebay is built on trust between strangers and some people cannot understand this. 

On the other hand Antony (Europro975)[:)] has realized that I am honest and have no control of the postal service.  Both Antony and I are now working on a claim with the US Postal Service and he has made an effort to work with me to find out what has happened and I appreciate him for this.

A special note to all TC members and Ebayers is that trust is what builds business both on Ebay and as fellow hobbyists.  Not being childish, rude or impatient regardless of whether you live in the states or overseas.  Being courteous and patient with each other is the best route towards working for a resolution.

I will still proceed with the generic international claims process, I have negative feedback now against me from Tony which he will probably never remove not matter what I say or do and hopefully I can get a claim resolved so that I can refund him for the purchase price.  He states he just wants his parts?  Well last time I checked I do not work for the US or Australian postal service to finding out where the shipment is at is going to be a bit difficult at this point since he purchased no normal means of tracking or insurance during checkout on Ebay.

I just want to let everyone know who reads this thread that I have gone out of my way at times in the past even when the situation was out of our control, but you have to do what is right and a small amount of money or a replacement part for someone is really not a big loss considering that same person might be someone you run in to at a local TC meet, at the track or a local car club meeting in town. 

Lets keep this hobby fun and try to trust each other a bit more!

If a ebay seller has 7600 +ive feed back (likely well over 95% +ive) over a 7 year period with the odd -ive feed back here and there I would say the seller has a triple A rating.

I think Artie took reasonable steps to solve the problem plus his track records have a lot of bearing on my decision and my judgement is for Artie.

Case close.

Judge Wopner

If a ebay seller has 7600 +ive feed back (likely well over 95% +ive) over a 7 year period with the odd -ive feed back here and there I would say the seller has a triple A rating.

Sorry, but disagree on just that statement, total amount of feedback doesn't say anything, imho sellers with many feedbacks and under 99% are the worst, as that means that systematically more then every 100th transaction goes wrong (usually much more as most people don't dare to leave negative feedback), have learned the hard way and avoid such sellers, but that doesn't hold for ottoviano which has 99.5%. Here as an example as seller with over 95% +ive and even 100000 feedbacks, http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...razyprices-half would you buy from him?

Cheers

I left postive feedback for Corpsethrower not too long after the payment was made for the order. 

Not too long eh? More than a month mate.

He left negative feedback last week and is not willing to allow time for the US Postal Service Claims process which can only be initiated 60 days after the ship date. 

I reckon 2 months is long enough to wait for some parts. Still waiting.....

Tony did not purchase any type of insurance and paid for Air Parcel which is not trackable from one country to another.  The # he stated he got from another seller is just a USPS Customs Form # and is not for tracking purposes.

I only sent that as an example of how you might be able to prove that the items were actually sent, which is not a bad idea in my opinion. The buyer has some proof that you actually sent it, even if there was no insurance bought. At least the seller is somewhat covered, and it would render any non delivery claims against the seller null and void.

It should also be noted that Tony has only been on Ebay for 5 months at this point with 36 feedback ratings and we have been on Ebay since 1999 with over 7600 postive feedbacks and with many repeat customers. 

Insignificant.

I have recevied countless e-mails from Tony leading up to the negative feedback that were not exactly friendly by any means. 

I can post these in here if anybody wants to see how unfriendly I was.

I did send his items back in August in the 3rd week and it is unfortunate that they did not arrive and I am doing what I can short of replacing the items at my cost.  I do not feel compelled to replace the items at my cost due to his negative feedback threats, the leaving of negative feedback, Ebay disputes and his lack of patience with me. 

So the only reason that you won't send my bits is because of the feedback?

Tony states that he is "skeptical" that the items were really sent but how can we be sure that he has not already received the items. 

If I had the items I could finish my Clod chassis and have it on display. The pics in my showroom are of the body on my Blackfoot chassis. I still have all the parts that did get here from you sitting here, useless, until you send the other parts. Any Aussie members are welcome to come and see for themselves. I'm not exactly short of money mate, so there is no need to scam you.

I'm sceptical of you because of your reluctance to do anything about this situation until pushed. Also because of your emails to me, which display a clouded recollection of what you did to get the parts to me.

This is where the trust issue comes into play and from my perspective Tony does not have a lot of feedback and has not been on Ebay very long. 

Beh.

So what conclusion am I supposed to draw from all of this.  Well, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and offered to put in a claim with USPS but Tony doesn't want to wait. Please keep in mind the parts are not that expensive at all and this is not a matter of money for us but a matter of principle.  We shipped it, he did not get it, I offered to put a claim in with the US Postal Service, he is not willing to be patient and then proceeds with every possible means of causing more of a hassle for us.  Ebay is built on trust between strangers and some people cannot understand this.

A couple of points.

1. First you said you shipped it in the first week of August, then you changed your mind and said the third week in August.

2. Two shipments from you go "missing". Not one, two. In a row.

3. I tell you that it usually takes 5-7 days for bits from the US to get to me, and you say thats not so.

4. You finally send the second order out, and it gets to me in 5 days. I can tell by the dates on the envelope.

Now....why should I believe what you say to me?

A special note to all TC members and Ebayers is that trust is what builds business both on Ebay and as fellow hobbyists.  Not being childish, rude or impatient regardless of whether you live in the states or overseas.  Being courteous and patient with each other is the best route towards working for a resolution.

Thanks Dad.[:P]

How patient do we have to be? I paid you straight away, and you now say that you kept my money for nearly a month before you even sent the items out!!

Nobody was rude, and I can put my emails up here for all to see.

I will still proceed with the generic international claims process, I have negative feedback now against me from Tony which he will probably never remove not matter what I say or do and hopefully I can get a claim resolved so that I can refund him for the purchase price.  He states he just wants his parts?  Well last time I checked I do not work for the US or Australian postal service to finding out where the shipment is at is going to be a bit difficult at this point since he purchased no normal means of tracking or insurance during checkout on Ebay.

As promised here and in the actual feedback itself, it will be removed when I get the parts. Guaranteed. If by some miracle the original package gets here we will be able to identify it from the shipping date. A refund is acceptable as this can be put towards the partial payment of a Twin Det or similar kit so I can raid that for the parts I need.

All I want is what I paid you 2 months ago for. I'm not asking for any free stuff.

Sorry, but disagree on just that statement, total amount of feedback doesn't say anything, imho sellers with many feedbacks and under 99% are the worst, as that means that systematically more then every 100th transaction goes wrong (usually much more as most people don't dare to leave negative feedback), have learned the hard way and avoid such sellers, but that doesn't hold for ottoviano which has 99.5%. Here as an example as seller with over 95% +ive and even 100000 feedbacks, http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...razyprices-half would you buy from him?

Cheers

Would you buy from a seller with 95%-ive or 7600-ive feed backs with only 5%+ive?

The odd -ive feed back here and there would be normal unless recently there are many -ive feed backs in a roll would raise a red flag from me.  The best run business in world does not have 100% customer satisfaction.

On the other hand if people don't dare to leave -ive feedback could this also mean seller with 100+ive really is not true? 

I generally would deal with sellers with high high % of +ive feed backs and look into the -ive to see what caused the -ive feed back.  You have bad buyers and sellers out there and in this case I see Artie has more grounds to back his case.

Please dont let this slide guys. Might not be too good to air dirty laundry in public no matter what side of the fence you are on. (I am NOT suggesting that people have, or need to take sides in this discussion). The topic is getting to "that point" where it could degenerate.

Keep the placy nice. [:D]

Cheers

Darryn

The odd -ive feed back here and there would be normal unless recently there are many -ive feed backs in a roll would raise a red flag from me.  The best run business in world does not have 100% customer satisfaction.

As I wrote above in a seller with many feedbacks and less then 99% the negatives aren't just odd here and there ones but statistically significant and systematic ones (not talking about Ottoviano who was more then 99%) To repeat my question above would you buy from the seller I exampled above with more then 95% and 100000 feedbacks? I wouldn't, its common knowledge to experienced ebayers that power sellers with less then 98 or 99% aren't reliable and usually more then every 10th or 20th transaction goes wrong (as neutrals and not left feedbacks are multiple times higher). Also you can't directly compare ebay feedback to real customer satisfaction for the reasons state above (fear of retaliation etc), it is said that only 1/5 of bad transactions get a negative feedback. To answer your other argument, can we fully trust then a seller with 100%? No, but the chances to get a problem are significantly lower, as if he had many unhappy deals the chances to get a negative feedack would be high, its simple statistics.

Cheers

Its now 2 months since I bought these bits from RC Racer. Our 2 month Anniversary!!

No sign of my bits[:'(] I started the Ebay dispute process 6 days ago and there has been no sign of any resolution from old mate......so looks like I'll be biding my time till the 10 days are up and filing a claim through Ebay channels, and I suppose they take whatever action is necessary to get their money from Artie.

So I'll get my money back, it would seem, so thats not too bad. The real mongrel is that my project has been delayed 2 months because of it.

You buy form e-bay, there will always be the possibilities that you paid and the good is not received regardless if the seller have 120%+ive feed back. Goods will get loss on purpose, by accident and will also be damage, the only way you can deal with it is by paying...meaning pay for the extra packing material, insure your goods but the end of the day how many of us are will to pay extra $30.00 or what ever for a $50.00 or whatever purchase.  There is no free lunch in business or 2 for 1 pricing or buy one get one free. Think about the transaction and think how much time a business is going to spend time on it. 

With ebay you win some and loss some, don't expect to win all the time 

Well, looks like I won't be getting my money OR my parts.

The Ebay buyer protection does not cater for items less than $25....although I spent over 80 bucks AUD with RCRacer, it was all seperate small auctions, so each individual part was under the $25 mark.

So our mate Artie wins after all.[:(] He has my money and my parts. I just noticed that he has Top Force Evo tyres for auction again......just like the ones I bought.....[8o|]