Sign in to follow this  
hellbelly

Fancy some new design SRB lexan bodies?

Hi

Seeing the recent Kamtec thread reminded me that I wanted to ask Keith if he would make a lexan window for one of my models. I emailed him to ask about it and he was really enthusiastic about it, then he started saying he was thinking of making a new design Scorcher body with split rear oval window etc. He also mentioned some of the other requests he's had for different m-chassis Mini's and stuff.

Anyway, he's really up for people sending him suggestions for some new shells, whether it's a more Desert Racer/Baja Bug that people are going crazy for, or any idea's you may have.

I'm not sure about posting email addresses on here, but you can get it from the website - http://www.kamtec.co.uk/contact.php, I've suggested to Keith that he becomes a member here so that people can contact him through the club and this forum.

I've seen quite a few people on TC use Kamtec bodies, well here's an opportunity to have some input into what gets made and for Keith to get more involved in tamiyaclub.

What do you all reckon?

Pete

Sounds promising. Hopefully if Keith came up with some new bodies (especially if suggested by TC members) it would go some way to restoraing his reputation a bit. I've had pretty good dealings with him in the past, but I know some other members have had a few problems...

My suggestions:

Ford Puma Racing (M chassis)

Metro 6R4 (M chassis)

RS200 (M chassis)

I've emailed Keith before about doing a Puma shell and he said he could do it, but would need to be able to sell at least 50 shells to break even, so if he is considering creating new designs, maybe he has reduced his production costs....

I'll bet a wide-eyes Bug would go over pretty well, similar to this old Kyosho shell:

mvc020sce7.jpg

Do it with cutouts in the wings to use the MB/BB lamp assemblies rather than stickers, it'd look tops!

Perhaps Kamtec could rise to the challenge of making repro SRB gear & motor covers ?

Sure they would be a big seller as some dodgy looking originals have been going for silly money on ebay recently.

Don't know how difficult it would be to make them but as they are only small parts perhaps Keith would be willing to give them a try ? 

956 !

956 !

956! 

I recently emailed Kamtec about this. Waiting to hear back.

I have a 959 from Kamtec and its excellent for toughness, and 90% for accuracy. Only the doorhandles and missing roof dimples let it down.

I just emailed him ´bout my Bajabug body...

13.jpg

so lets wait and see what he has to say about it!!! =)

I would like a hardbody in that config,.

Cheers

Badboy

I'd like to nominate the sand rover / holiday buggy cars, that would be sweeeeeet! There would be a manx shell on so many of my runners so fast!

Jim

i really like the sound of a ford puma body, for the M chassis, that would be sweeeeeet [:)]

i'd also like to see -

1/10 morris minor 1000 shell (some white plastic 1/12 are available now, but they are a little odd looking!)

1/10 scale 1958 plymouth Fury (christine [H])

I´ll send him a mail ´bout Manx mayer body to night!!!

Cheers

Badboy

An improved ABS sand scorcher body with a separate nose peice would be nice

also a holiday buggy body to fit the srb chassis and a modified baja bug body with smooth bonnet and cut down wings would be cool

even just a section to replace the blitzer rear window with an oval or split oval one would be cool

Pete

I have mentioned the above ideas to Keith over three years ago and he had my Sand Rover shell for one of them but nothing was done with it.

I have just had an email from him and it looks like he will use the M-Chassis as a base for a desert baja and/or UVA style baja with lamps on the wing.

Best not to keep emailing Keith as he gets 100+ a day, when its done it will be for sale but these things dont happen overnight. I will see him on Monday and have a word about this then.

Daz

I see that Keith has updated his auction, including a link to this thread, promoting that there is a new design coming out and encouraging people to send it photo's of there painted shells.

I've been desperate to get in touch with him, but I keep holding back as I know these things aren't overnight.  Got to have some patience!

Cheers

Pete

I have just had an email from him and it looks like he will use the M-Chassis as a base for a desert baja and/or UVA style baja with lamps on the wing.

That's what we need, a nice 'Fugitive' shell with a Rover V8, bicycle mudguards and 4 bucket seats [H]

Always wanted one of them when I didn't know what car insurance cost [;)]

Hi boys!!!

Just got this from Keith from kamtec!

"Hi Badboy,

looked at the links! I am underway with the new Baja now! Will

have smooth front wings and flat rear wings. Baja engine cover

and oval rear windows. It will be a prototype and can be changed

but the idea is to get something you can all look at and give

ideas.

(Could you pass this on to the thread as I am not a member.)

Thanks,

Keith"

I sended him pics of my Bajabug and pics from real class 5 1600 bugs, so who knows what the future will hold regarding Baja bodys?

If you got an idea bout the bajabody post it here and he will read it

+ I send him mail of "whats up".

And I also asked him ´bout Meyer Manx body (holyday buggy) for SRB...

He´s really into baja and buggys so he´s been thinking of do a

MM body for a while, so who knows...?

Any ideas post it here...

Cheers

Badboy

Really like the Mk1 M-chassis VW golf that Keith I think did a few trial shells of (in Dazmeisters showroom if memory serves?).

Anyone know if anything ever came of that? I know Keith has a Mardave version out, but an M-chassis one would be ace [:)]. I'd second any 70's / 80's rally car shells for m-chassis, plus a Puma sounds pretty cool.

Chris

YO BOYS!!!

Your voice has been heard!!!

Next up (after bajabody) will be....(drum roll)

M-Chassie GOLF!!!

Just got info from Keith!

So hold on to your money!!! =)

Cheers

Badboy