Sign in to follow this  
hellbelly

Fancy some new design SRB lexan bodies?

If it's a Mk1 or Mk2 golf, i'll well buy an M chassis!

GO steady fella - if you read Dazmeister's showroom entry (linked above) it's for an M-01 chassis (unless he's redisgned it)

The M-03 is a lot higher at the front around the servo I think, and I dunno if the WB of the M-04 is short enough?

M-01 and M-03 comparison;

post-4-1159666680.jpg

Oh well, it cant be that hard to find an M01 on the bay can it?

You are right. With the Minis, if you use a Rover Cooper Racing shell (without bumpers) you can use the taller profile 60D tyres. If you use a Rover Mini shell (with the shiney plastic grille & bumpers) you've got to use the older style, lower profile Radial tyres. Either set combined will fit an older M01 or a newer M03 chassis, but mixing the taller profile 60D's with the 'bumpered' style shell's will cause fouling on the wheel arches.

But a Golf shell will have different shaped arches, so it shouldn't be a problem. [:)]

Im happy to send my red baja shell to keith...it would be good to have just front and rear ends made so people can convert their existing bodies to an upto-date baja racer. Plus, saves me doing all that work on another shell. If we had some sections just to bond on then it would make it alot easier.

I said that in my Facelift thread Joe, good idea, but not as much satisfaction as something you've done is there?

Mike

Hi all!

Keith at kamtec is looking into:
SS window
SRB Motor cover
and
SRB gear cover

Cheers
Badboy

Guest sk8te-penguin

old toyota 4-runner like the kyosho ones to fit the highlift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Just seen the prototype new body and im very disapointed it looks like a rework of the old M chassis split screen vw

keith has put alot of work on but it doesnt do it for me not baja enough

sorry for any offence

just my 2 pence worth

Pete

Righto, an update for you all [<:o)]

Just had some photos from Keith who has got a prototype of a shell, that's possible to mount on an SRB - you can trim the arches as you want and chop the rear off:

getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img278_11102006204508_1_350.jpg getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img278_11102006204508_2_350.jpg 

Or, cut the arches different and use it on an M02L chassis (as a replacement for the Tamiya Beetle):

getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img278_11102006204508_3_350.jpg getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img278_11102006204508_4_350.jpg

Please post your feedback, it is a prototype so nothing is finalised yet, Keith's thinking of doing a few different designs still, producing them in ABS with a lexan window set maybe, or in plain lexan - who knows, let him know what you (we) want!!

Pete

Hey Pete, any feedback is good, and he has got some more ideas that he wants to try out.

The arches need cutting differently in the first 2 pics to get a more Baja look, but I reckon it's a pretty good start.  Anyone else?

Pete

Sorry but i also agree with Bigwheels as in that it's just an abs version of his lexan split.

The rears way too long,It needs a new nose and open the rear window to a full oval.

Sorry but i also agree with Bigwheels as in that it's just an abs version of his lexan split.

That's not 100% accurate chap, the lexan split has headlight 'lumps' and the arches look more '3D' curved on the lexan one (to me)

70_1.JPG

It is a good start but i would prefure a lot shorter rear end as it looks way to long and loose the number plate light & hump where the vw badge goes or reccess it

the only other 2 points i have are 1) add the rear louvers / vents above the boot & 2) good luck

a few other bits that may be usefull  is add the headlamp mountings (can always be kept for a baja look) and add a profile to the wings as they are very flat

ok some people will say buy an M chassis body if i want all this but it would make it easier to cut down and would have more detail but at least this one will be 1/10 scale

i would buy one of keiths new baja bodys as its shown but only to cut the rear window out to use on a custom blitzer body

Pete

Keith has been listening to the suggestions made in this thread (both before and after I posted the pics), and he's got some more designs planned (he thinks about 4 designs in total), he says the next shell isn't too far away - can't wait to see it myself!

Looking forward to trying some new things out with these bodies :)

Pete

Hi Chaps,

I would like to say this is a small modification to my Split Beetle as a first step towards the Baja it will become. I accept your comments and will respond. It may seem like slow progress but the smaller the steps the more I can get feedback to work on the project. I think this first stage will be of interest as a street rod  so may advertise it. I have however arleady started the next stage using feedback as a guide.

Thanks very much for your help.

Keith,

Kamtec

Hi Keith - welcome to the forums. I think a lot of people are looking forwards to some new shells! 

Hi Keith

Keep up the good work

ive already got 3 of your radio boxs and ive had a couple of your kexan baja bodys

now looking forward to adding some more of your work to my collection

Pete

Sounds good to me ! With a bit of help I'm sure I can give you what you want. Just need to know and I'll try to do it.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Keith