DeeMiller

Building my Hummer (lots of pics, beware dailers!)

I've said it in the showroom comments, but no matter how much praise is lavished upon this, it wont be enough.

So, that being said. Briljant. Fantastisch. Mooi!

VB 

Dee, you seem to have everyone fooled, except me.

Very nice pics there mate.....of a real Hummer!!

Now.....come on.....lets see pics of your model, not pics of real cars.

Corpse Thrower, I want to thank you in particular because your replies were/are quite funny! ROFLMAO!!![:D]

Mail me if you are interested in a XR-311 head (the one I showed in this topic).

Dee.

PS Did anyone noticed the easter egg on the Hummer?[:P]

I have watched this thread almost from day one, but didn't want to

comment until the end, anticipating how stunned I would be! Well, you

didn't disappoint, but there really isn't anything I can say that

hasn't already been said. The result is incredible, absolutely

incredible. It's in my favorites already! You have a WHOLE LOT to be

proud of[Y] [*] [Y] [*] [:D]!!!

Mr. D Miller, job well done and appreciate you are willing to make the effort and share your process with us.

Thanks for 4 months of entertainment.

i just found you camel in your showrrom the other day and its the most beautiful and detailed car i've ever seen, but what is making me cry (happines craying) is this build up thread , i am learning more stuff in one day than in two years building cars myself and learning from other forums .

Man you are not just the best scale builder i know , you are also the best scale build teacher !

so THANKS, THANKS, THANKS!

i have a question for you , i am starting my first paint job , i understand the priming, letiing it dry for long, and sanding but... whats that degreasing you allways do after a coat ?

another one , and sorry if you already explained in a post (i read them all but maybe too much info for one day) did you clear coated it? if so , the washings and drybrushings were before the clear coat? or after ...

best

Dee - that plain ugly fella, you did all this nice work leading upto it, and then let it down at the last moment, you should throw it in the bin, my bin ;)

[o/j] [:P]

It does look amazing Dee, all that i can suggest is use black shocks/springs as they are a bit bright?

Mike

wow !

So much work, some much details for a fantastic result : splendid work M. Miller [Y]

PS : easter eggs : you are the co-pilot ?

other try : "don't follow us : we're lost" ?

PS : easter eggs : you are the co-pilot ?

Close...but not the actual easter egg...[:P

1."whats that degreasing you allways do after a coat ?"

2."did you clear coated it? if so , the washings and drybrushings were before the clear coat? or after ...

1. I do this to remove any grease (from your hands), just in case...

If you don't do that, the paint doesn't stick to the body and makes small "circles" in the paint.

2. No, I didn't use a clear coat but if you do, the weathering should be done after the clear coat.

Thx again for all your compliments, I understand this is something special and my pleasure too![;)]

Dee.

Dee,

Like others here, I have waited eagerly for each new post, only to be continuously amazed by your skills.

I thought I'd simply wait until the final pics before l tell you what a fantastic job you've done - however there seems to be a problem...

Between the numerous comments already expressed by other members, and by my own limited vocabulary, I find myself annoyed by the fact that I simply can't find the words to express how incredible your skills are [Y]

I can only offer my sincere congratulations on what I can only describe as a masterpiece!

You sir, are a legend  [:D]

I've been lurking on the site and have never made a post but felt i had to make one now to

congratulate you on what must be the best rc car i've ever seen,the

detail is fantastic,well done and keep up the good work[Y]

I've been lurking on the site and have never made a post but felt i had to make one now to

congratulate you on what must be the best rc car i've ever seen,the

detail is fantastic,well done and keep up the good work[Y]

I recognise the username I think, hello lurker.

WOW !  Now that is some project - one of the most detailed r/c models I've ever seen [Y].  I think that it should be included in the box with the "Club Build Scorcher" and shipped to the Tamiya HQ for display. Outstanding job !

Thx again for the compliments!

The easter egg is the name of the navigator: K. Wood.

First name: Ken...

<gggg!>

[8-|]

Dee.

dee, i feel a project coming on! and you HAVE to be the best person to ask regarding hummer questions! so if you would be so kind, whats the wheelbase of the TA01 hummer kit?

kind regards

Gaz

Well Dee,

I have to say that there have been some very, very cool "models" posted on TamiyClub over the years and right now this has got to be the best detailed / painted model on the club. I think Tamiya are going to see a sudden spike in sales of any Hummers still left on the shelf. Very inspiring stuff.

Now where did I put that paint brush? [;)]

I don't know if anyone already posted info on this but Tamiya now make an awesome light control system, RC LED Light Control Unit - TLU-02, that drives the TLU-01 light unit. It will allow you to control the signal lights, brake lights, reverse lights, high low beam and spots. I just picked up one from HK and it works great.

Again, great work. The updates we informative and very entertaining.

James (toykid).

dee, i feel a project coming on! and you HAVE to be the best person to ask regarding hummer questions! so if you would be so kind, whats the wheelbase of the TA01 hummer kit?

kind regards

Gaz

Wheelbase is 280mm.

Dee.

Congrats on making it into RC Car Action... This is my first post but I was lurking in the background while this build was going on. Your skills are incredible!

Fantastic, attention to detail is superb.

I've never mastered the art of weathering/washing.

Are you able to share with us the methods and materials used to achieve that excellent used look on your finished hummer? Or have you just run up some miles on it and it's all real wear and tear 8-)

Thx

Martin

Just bumped into this. My wife is asking me why I am drooling over my keyboard.

R E S P E C T ! ! !