Sign in to follow this  
DJTheo

Tamiya Porsche 934 is coming back!!!

I noticed it doesn't have the orange around the brake cooling ducts..... May save me some masking/decals :-)

Checked tower on 49400 and found that they pushed availability date back to Late Feb.....from Mid Jan if I remembered correctly. Did anyone get shipment from Tower, assuming they shipped out all of their first batch stock? Or they simply just back their availability date?

Do you know anywhere I can get this 934 in US other than ebay and tower? Are any member like JapanScaleDriver or shop like rc-champ still selling them? i really love this car!

Thanks!

Tower Hobbies and TamiyaUSA haven't had them for sale yet. Everywhere else in the world it was released 4th December and were sold out worldwide within a couple of days, due to most of them being preordered.

Don't know why TamiyaUSA have this delay, even Tamiya Canada had them for sale at the beginning of December. 

Tamiya Canada same as some other importers (for example Dutch) got them on their own request and costs per airmail, they haven't come also yet to Tamiya Europe/Germany but from what I have seen from Dickie till now, that doesn't also mean much... [:S]

Cheers 

I just got this in an email from Tower Hobbies:

Towerreceipt-1.jpg

Looks like my backorders are being shipped!

I had a feeling this was going to happen as I was talking to my LHS owner last Friday, when he told me that Tamiya America promised him a shipment by this week.  I'm not sure how many he's getting, but apparently enough were released to be distributed by Tower.

-Steve 

map.jpg

Shipping Japan-USA: 8-10weeks.

I think they hired that drunken sailor again...

What to do about him?

I guess they did...[:S]

Dee.

Check this out - for sale in the UK if anyone fancies the 1:1 version.... [:D]

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/115453.htm

Some more:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...=03012007163421

Dee.

These are big boys with deep pockets and me an old fart with shallow pockets, that is why I can only play in RC.  If I can joint them at least I can joint them at ........1:12 scale

map.jpg

Shipping Japan-USA: 8-10weeks.

I think they hired that drunken sailor again...

What to do about him?

I guess they did...[:S]

Dee.

He is no drunken sailor, he is charging Tamiya per Nautical mile.  Smart cookie.

Hey OCD,

When did you place your order? Mine didn't ship and I placed the order on the first day they were available on Tower! Now it says that they won;t be in until late February. Ugh!!!!

-Al 

"When did you place your order? Mine didn't ship and I placed the order

on the first day they were available on Tower! Now it says that they

won;t be in until late February. Ugh!!!!"

I saw that too.

I didn't order mine right away, so I haven't the slightest why they didn't ship yours.

I have been a regular customer of their's for 15 years, so maybe I have a specially weighted account?  

Who knows - I ordered my HighLift as soon as they put it in the catalogue, but lots of folks still got their's weeks before me.[:^)]

Suppose I should check with my LHS guy;  He said he'd call ME as soon as they came in, but haven't heard a thing yet. 

-Steve 

Man that sucks! I have been a long time customer of Tower as well. Looking at my order history is enough to make anyone sick! I think it amounts to about $35,000! YIKES!!! I have a feeling that they are not going to be getting anymore of them in stock too! :-(

So, why didn't you guys order from HK or Japan, I got mine pre-xmas.  Never mind...

I can get another NIB 934 1/10 for ~US$580 plus shipping if anybody is desperate, let me know.

Tower is selling them for $514.99 with some promotional discounts as well. I think I pre-ordered mine for $549.99 with $50 promotional discount applied. And then I notcied that they dropped the price to $514.99 after i ordered and I emailed them about it and they fixed the price to reflect the price drop. So all in all I got mine for $514.99 - $50 + $8 for shipping...now I just have to hope that they get them in stock!! I used Tower because of my Bill-Me-Later account!

Sorry to hear you're seemingly getting the 'shaft' from Tower.  Maybe it wouldn't hurt to call and find out what's up?  

Just picked mine up from the PO [:D]

IMG_6957.jpg

I actually called Tower and got a $35 credit since they reduced the price to $514, AND I got free shipping, and a $50 disco...

Glad I waited [8-|] 

-Steve 

I doubt it, I think eBay is your only hope for "instant" delivery...

My TamTech 934 arrived in my office yesterday [:D]

Will start building soon, but need to decide - boxart or custom..?  Dang, I hate paintind things!!

thanks, i still on waiting list at Tower for over 2months now they must change the availability date at least 30 times now GGRRRrrr.

Are rcmodel in HK reliable i'm really hestitant ordering from overseas now i also got burn twice due to exchange rates.

Are rcmodel in HK reliable i'm really hestitant ordering from overseas now i also got burn twice due to exchange rates.

I have had no problems with them, although I have never bought a full kit, just parts.