Sign in to follow this  
DJTheo

Tamiya Porsche 934 is coming back!!!

After seeing it built up, I'm not as impressed.  Those wheels look awful on it.

The body imho gives new standards for a lexan one, even better then 959 one and if I understood from the google translation produced with new methods. But as others said the wheels are too big and tires too low for a 1976 car, also a 4WD chassis isn't a nice and "correct" choice for such a car, RWD F103 or M04 would have been much nicer, plus a special flat-six sound MFU which would excuse its high price [H]

Cheers 

I don't remember of a limited Tamiya kit till now where the body wasn't sold seperately [;)] (except some chrome ones, but am also not sure if you couldn't order those bodies in Japan) also the number of the new cobalt green PS lexan spray made for it isn't a limited one like some other paints but a normal one, so I doubt they would sell a normal available paint for a limited body, Tamiya is too greedy to loose profit from sales of the bodyset[;)]

Well, it's a 30th anniversary only once.

I also don't remember they released a 25th anniversary car...

"Greedy" is a good word (also called "economical") because this is a limited item with a high price (high profit/low sales vs low profit/high sales for regular models).

Do you get my drift?

That is Japanese price, compare European prices of other kits and you will see they don't do just a currency conversion but put huge margins on top [;)] plus taxes, so highly doubt you will pay that from the Dutch importer (except if you are close buddies [;)])

Cheers 

Fully correct! I forgot...[:$]

So that makes it about 650-700 euros.

I wonder how good my relation is with the Tamiya guys here in Holland but I'm sure we can work something out...

Well, it's a 30th anniversary only once.

I also don't remember they released a 25th anniversary car...

No, but they released a 10th year anniversary one (BigWig) and a 100th model celebration one (Top Force) which was even green like Valiant and shows the 934 wheels on a logo on the kitbox and none of them were limited.

Cheers 

...and none of them were limited.

Cheers 

Exactly![:D]

Grtz Dee.

PS I like that MFU idea! LOL!

Well, only time will tell if the body will be limited, wanna put a bet? [:D]

Cheers 

Well, only time will tell if the body will be limited, wanna put a bet? [:D]

Cheers 

ROFLMAO!!![:D]

Well, as I said, I don't make the same mistake twice...btw, I'm still digesting some nasty rubber...[+o(]

So I guess I'm pretty cured...

Sorry to let you down this time...[:$]

Lovely pics btw! Nice catch!

I think the wheels are alu too (well, they should be with that kind of price tag...).

Grtz Dee.

Have you guys seen the latest pics on tamiyablog.com? This car looks amazing. Looks like its going to bankrupt me having to get one for NIB and one for NB, I just couldn't resist building this one!

[:D]

Well, as I said, I don't make the same mistake twice...btw, I'm still digesting some nasty rubber...[+o(]

So I guess I'm pretty cured...

Sorry to let you down this time...[:$]

Lovely pics btw! Nice catch!

I think the wheels are alu too (well, they should be with that kind of price tag...).

Grtz Dee.

LOLOL [:D]  Yes, alu wheels seem alu to me too and as you say they better should at that price (if not magnesium or titanium LOL)

Cheers 

Son of a gun! That must be the best presented kit inside since...well, a long time. The "i most have it" force is ALOT stronger with that presentation, than if the parts were tossed in the usual way. But then again, with that price tag they should afford to stack the pieces neatly!

Aside from that, this must be the end of the reres with that special relrelease-ish kit they talked about earlier.

I love this car but considering my NIB 934 is probably only worth about the same as this one I might consider building that first! Be interesting to see what the likes of Stella etc manage to sell these at. Even at 500euros let alone more, this thing is bordering on the ridiculously expensive. [:@] Bet a few of these turn up on 'special' in about 12months...well here is hoping![:D]

with the price, the thing looks to be basicly a shortened 415MS chassis. those aren't cheap either. if the wheels are infact aluminum, that would drive the cost up too. plus the fact that the body is made using "new methods" which certainly can't be cheap, I can easily see how this thing could hit those prices. anyone got an ETA on it? I hope it is out by christmas. this may end up being my first major comp-grade TC. did Tasian ever sponsor a Porsche 934?

me think wheels are purdy. me hopes wheels aren't gold, as that would not be good for the track. scratched gold, unlike unscratched gold, does not look purdy. if I get one I'll prolly get one body set/sticker set for the shelf, one rim set for the shelf (and the included tires), and another body/sticker/rim set for the track. I would really want to mount an onboard camera tho. I just think that it would make the track action alot more intense. I hope it is out by next summer, as I'd like to show them new fangled Xrays and AEs what a porsche can do! espicaly a porsche on BL (Novak SS430) and lipoly (8000MaH 2 cell lipoly). ofcourse, I would run a Spektrum so I don't have to cut up that purdy body more than I have to. I hope it has a mount for a handout transponder on the chassis! I don't want to obstruct the view of the onboard camera with a big honking red square, and I don't want to have the purdy porsche (which may end up in Jaegermeister livery) to have a big honking red square sticking out of the windsheild! I will not stand for the fuzzy dice look for a porsche lol!

It will be released in Japan in December and price is Japanese price is stated few times in the previous pages of this topic.

Cheers 

The wheels are plated the same as the 2 piece mesh wheels 50548 & 50549.

I think you mean "molded", right?[;)]

Two Q's:

-Was the striping (orange/red/purple) painted or just decals?

-Are the indicators decals with lights behind it?

Grtz Dee.

I'll be very surprised if one of these even makes it out of the box. The blisters are at once a throwback to the old ways and a presentation case. Tamiya know there are collectors who'll never even open the boxes, and that's who this kit is aimed at. It probably drives fantastically, but no one will ever know.

Choosing the top-of-the-line platform was an easy decision for the anniversary car. It's a statement of Tamiya's achievement in the last 30 years, inviting comparison between this pinnacle of technology and the crude (even by 1976 standards) original. When a company needs to make a statement like that, they don't bring out their cheapest stuff, like a special TT-01.

Did Ford celebrate their 100th anniversary with a limited-edition Ka? No, they brought out the GT, harking back to the glory days, but brought up to date. Tamiya's doing the same thing here.

Except some of the GT's get driven [;)

Did Ford celebrate their 100th anniversary with a limited-edition Ka? No, they brought out the GT.

If Ford celebrated their 30th anniversary, a Ka wouldn't have been a bad idea...[;)]

Grtz Dee.

Sorry guys im being really lazy and not reading the whole thing, but does that mean they are rereleasing the 934 static kit? I saw pictures of it in that link?

Thanks

Sorry guys im being really lazy and not reading the whole thing, but does that mean they are rereleasing the 934 static kit? I saw pictures of it in that link?

Thanks

Nope, the static 934 is ready built and very expensive, same series like the die cast semi assembled premium models Honda F1 RA272, F50, Enzo and Carrera GT.

Cheers

Nope, the static 934 is ready built and very expensive, same series like the die cast semi assembled premium models Honda F1 RA272, F50, Enzo and Carrera GT.

Cheers

so will it have the plastic stattic body or a new diecast body?

Couldn't understand from the online translations, but from its series, number and price am 99% sure it will be die cast.

Cheers